Tennant Answers the Call of 'Doctor Who'

Full story: Zap2it.com
David Tennant on 'Dr. Who' If someone told you David Tennant has found the role of his career, you probably would reply: "Who?" And you'd be exactly right. Full Story
Obsidian16825

AOL

#1 Aug 11, 2008
I hope Mr Tennant stays in the role of the Doctor for several more years. I've only recently started watching the show. I've gotten very discouraged with American television. I don't think we have much produced over here worth watching any more. There's certainly not much besides our NASA channel I feel safe letting my three-year-old daughter watch, but Doctor Who is a different matter. Thank you Brits. It took watching several episodes of Who to figure out what was going on and to get accustomed to some of the cheesiness. Now, I realize I've been lonely for good cheese. I've been lonely for some good new science fiction that's not too gory or full of sexual content and doesn't overwhelm me with too many expensive visual effects. I don't know what the previous incarnations of the Doctor were like, but I like the tenth incarnation. It's a relief to have a hero who's not too psychologically dark or physically muscle-bound. He's funny without being too smart-alecky.
Thank you for a good show. I look forward to watching more.
Matt

Jacksonville, NC

#2 Jun 2, 2012
Doctor Who truly reached new heights with David Tennant and he is my favorite of all the Doctors.I especially enjoyed his latest series (the 2008 one, with co-star Catherine Tate as Donna Noble) and too wish he had stayed on beyond the 2009-10 specials. It was sad to see him go, and his sucessor has not fully won my confidence. I only hope David comes back for the big anniversary next year even if it is only for a one-off adventure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here's Your Chance to Meet Daniel Radcliffe & t... (Mar '06) Nov '13 Olivia 901
Kids' Choice Awards 2013: Robert Pattinson Gets... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Christie 1
New interview with Emma Watson (Jan '06) Nov '12 owen phillips 1,618
Robsten May Be Over: Who Should Robert Pattinso... (Jul '12) Jul '12 _Chartreuse_ 2
UK comic actor Eric Sykes has died (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sol 1
'I lost my virginity to a MUCH older woman,' co... (Sep '08) Aug '11 mony 7
Are the Harry Potter Films Getting Better? (Jul '09) Jul '11 Mary 4
More from around the web