Tired of Michael Jackson? The Box Office Is

Nov 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Connecticut

Michael Jackson 's posthumous concert documentary "This Is It" finally landed in theaters this week.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Here's some reality for you, f'loonies. Roboblogger rulz!

"[M]easured against the breathless hype ushering it into theaters, the film’s grosses are something of a disappointment. Sony paid $60 million to acquire the film and God knows how much more to distribute and promote it.

Prior to the film’s release, one anonymous film exec told Entertainment Weekly,“It’s going to make a gazillion dollars.” Elizabeth Taylor told everyone over her Twitter feed that the movie made her weep. More than a few comparisons to “The Passion Of The Christ” were thrown around, noting both the uniqueness of the movie and the devotion of the subject’s fanbase. Early screenings all over were sold out. The movie played on over 10,000 freaking screens.

In light of all that buildup, a box office take of $21.3 million isn’t quite what you would expect.“Passion” made over three times that amount when it opened, which of course means that Jesus is exactly three times more popular than Michael Jackson. Judd Apatow’s “Funny People” was considered a failure after making $23 million in its first weekend over the summer. It’s no given that the movie will make $100 million here in the US, the traditional benchmark for a box office hit."

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

MJ shine on me wrote:
I love you Michael and I'm so thankful for the great concerts and music you left.
Wacko can't hear you, he's dead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

MJ shine on me wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking to Wacko.
To yourself then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

MJ shine on me wrote:
<quoted text>
The name Michael is right there in the sentence.
Is your brain always in neutral?
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Here's a few excerpts from a new review by Bob Grimm of the Tuscon Weekly 11/04/09:
"It's no secret Michael Jackson owed a lot of money when he died - and lots of people wanted to get paid." "Chief among those where the folks putting together Jackson's London-based concert series, a 50-date engagement dubbed "This is it!" "It was supposed to be a big pay-day for creditors, as well as Jackson's tiumphant return."
"In the end "This is it!" went from being a spectacular live show to the bizarre film in theatres now." "This is a rushed cash-in, largely featuring footage of Jackson rehearsing that's been cobbled together to create the strangest of concert films."
And later, "But the resultant film is not a major treat." "It seems patched together quickly and shoddily, to make a quick buck." "Seeing Jackson in this condition, doing stuff he probably shouldn't have been doing because of his physical and mental state feels dirty." "His death is proof of his inability to handle the situation he'd put himself in."
tim

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>Is your brain always in neutral?
Crabby's brain is always not there! Crabby says the same things over and over again. Really boring! Crabby thinks of MJ as their god/hero and savior of the world.
smilemj

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>Wacko can't hear you, he's dead.
Michael Jackson's spirit can hear and feel our love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

smilemj wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how?
RIBALD XII

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

smilemj wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit my ass, Michael Jackson is dead and ROTTING in his ornate tomb, nothing more.

Get over it.
Matt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Dark island, have some respect for the dead! On every article I see your hating comments, if u hated him so much then why the hell are you constantley on the fans website, grow up and do some better with ur spare time if you hated him so much then why waste so much time on here posting notes that no one cares about! Find sumit else to do wiv ur spare time! Unless theres another reason ur on here, ur a fan!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

MJ shine on me wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking to Wacko.
No? Who were you talking to Mimi? Santa?

"I love you Michael and I'm so thankful for the great concerts and music you left."

That looks like a statement addressed to someone named "Michael" to me. Michael who? Tell me and I'll direct you to the right forum.::goes to look up the "if-you're-lyin'-you're-d yin'" forum for mimi::

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

smilemj wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't want to feel YOUR love. Got any little brothers he can feel the love of?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

Matt wrote:
Dark island, have some respect for the dead! On every article I see your hating comments, if u hated him so much then why the hell are you constantley on the fans website, grow up and do some better with ur spare time if you hated him so much then why waste so much time on here posting notes that no one cares about! Find sumit else to do wiv ur spare time! Unless theres another reason ur on here, ur a fan!
UR a moron.
UR willfully st00pid.
UR 2 FUNEE.
UR 2 dumb 2 live.

All requests DENIED. Deal, f'loon.
Matt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

Sad mate! Get a life is it bellend

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

Matt wrote:
Sad mate! Get a life is it bellend
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

I don't think any of them (add Moronson to the mix) can get out of the house without heavy equipment being called in to tear down a wall and lift them out.
biggie112

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

"This is it" isn't even a real movie. Its just a bunch of performances munched up together. My brother saw it and he said it seemed pretty rushed, and plus its only for two weeks..I love michael but I'm not crazy about this movie. Doesn't seem like anything special. Pretty sad how people are trying to make a quick buck off a dead man
krissy

Little Red River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

ELVIS IS KING~~~ Long live the King!!
Loser of Dark Island

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Judged:

I have watched Michael Jackson's This is it movie three bloody times because I can. I am willing to pay my full month's pay just to see him live on stage...a loser like you can't figure out how much I make in a month...may be not even worth your life time. I will pay that much just to see Michael Jackson Live!!! The genius on stage!!! Of course, a loser like you will never understand why I'll spend that much when a loser can't even grab a decent meal???!!!
Loser of Dark Island

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

This is it is the closest thing we can get to see Michael Jackson perform again you bloody idiots!!! If you don't like him, shut the fuck up and dont spend a penny...dont be jealous that people who have money are the ones crazy for the man and don't mind spending just to see one last time you freak!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Funny People Discussions

Search the Funny People Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
April Fools' Pranks Mar 30 Dule134 1
Sarah Silverman to Appear Nude in Sarah Polleya... (Sep '10) Aug '13 hinamanu 28
Shorts - DVD Preview (Dec '09) Jul '12 cgrant4502 2
Half comedy, half drama, '50/50' works on all l... (Sep '11) Sep '11 beth ross 1
Adam Sandler in Just Go With It! (Jul '11) Jul '11 mastercharles 1
Funny Videos - take a break from the gossip (Mar '11) Mar '11 Toby 1
Comedy DVDs serve up the laughs (Feb '10) Feb '10 cosmo longhorn 1
•••
•••
•••