Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of Something

May 29, 2012 Full story: National Public Radio 71

It's the sort of question you toss out to a table full of politics buffs - sharing a pitcher of cold beer.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1 May 29, 2012
It reminds me of the 2010 election when the Republicans picked up 64 new House seats, and 7 new Senate seats. I do worry about the Republicans doing what is right with all that power. They would have to do better then what is being done right now, so that will be a start.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 May 29, 2012
Another leftist agenda rag, but this one paid for by the taxpayer to divert attention aways from Obama's failure to solve the problems he promised to and his failure to lead and show transparancey.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#3 May 29, 2012


It reminds me of 1980 With Jimmy Carter (obama hussein).

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#4 May 29, 2012


Poll: Romney leading in Florida


May 23, 2012


Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney moved ahead of President Barack Obama among Florida voters in the latest Quinnipiac University Polling Institute poll released Wednesday. The survey also shows most voters disapprove of the way the president is doing his job.

The poll shows Romney leading Obama 47-41 percent among Florida voters. That is up from a statistical dead heat two weeks ago and a Q-Poll conducted in March that showed the president with a 49-42 percent lead.

The independent poll also indicates that 63 percent of voters would not be more likely to vote against Obama based on the president's recent support for same-sex marriage, but 23 percent of likely voters say it would make them more inclined to vote for Romney.

Taken together, the poll results show a definite swing in Romney's favor, according to Peter A. Brown, assistant vice president of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

Gov. Mitt Romney has slipped into the lead in Florida and that standing is confirmed by his much better numbers than the president when voters are asked whether they view the candidates favorably or unfavorably," Brown said in a statement.


http://www.nbc-2.com/story/18602589/poll-romn...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#5 May 29, 2012



By a 44-35 margin, Florida voters view Romney favorably while Obama is given an unfavorable response 50 percent of the time. Voters were even more negative on the president's job performance, with 52 percent rating Obama's job performance unfavorably and saying he does not deserve a second term.

Also of concern to Democratic leaders, Romney is favored 44-36 percent by independent voters, an increasingly critical bloc in Florida's recent elections.


http://www.nbc-2.com/story/18602589/poll-romn...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#6 May 29, 2012




Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment


As Mitt Romney closes the gap, it is 1980 all over again for the man in the Oval Office.


Obama’s re-election is no longer guaranteed; some pollsters think it is unlikely. Day by day, the odds are improving that Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States.

What changed?

1) Voters are getting gloomier about the economy.

2) Joblessness remains high

3) Debt is out of control.

4) According to one poll released this week, only 33 per cent of Americans expect the economy to improve in the coming months

5) Only 43 per cent approve of the way that the president has handled it.

6-7) Voters think Obama has made the debt situation and health care worse.


The man who conducted the poll – Democrat Peter Hart – concluded that “Obama’s chances for re-election… are no better than 50-50.”


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mit...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 May 29, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
It reminds me of 1980 With Jimmy Carter (obama hussein).
Yep, at this time Carter was ahead by 18%, Obama is tied. By the time November is here they are going to have to have the Scooter Store get Obama a scooter to leave the White House in, but that too he won't have to pay for, but the taxpayer will as usual.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#8 May 29, 2012
It's 2004 in reverse, with somewhat unpopular President involved in war opposed by a not particularly popular opponent, a rich guy from Massachusetts.

Like 2004, not a great choice. But when was the last time we had a great choice?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#9 May 29, 2012
The lying loon wrote:
Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment
As Mitt Romney closes the gap, it is 1980 all over again for the man in the Oval Office.
Obama’s re-election is no longer guaranteed; some pollsters think it is unlikely. Day by day, the odds are improving that Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States.
What changed?
1) Voters are getting gloomier about the economy.
2) Joblessness remains high
3) Debt is out of control.
4) According to one poll released this week, only 33 per cent of Americans expect the economy to improve in the coming months
5) Only 43 per cent approve of the way that the president has handled it.
6-7) Voters think Obama has made the debt situation and health care worse.
The man who conducted the poll – Democrat Peter Hart – concluded that “Obama’s chances for re-election… are no better than 50-50.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mit...
IOW, ReTHUGlican liars have persuaded people that the debt, NOT the economy, is the major issue. When Obama's able to turn that misperception around, he'll win easily.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#10 May 29, 2012
Les Spambot wrote:
Another leftist agenda rag, but this one paid for by the taxpayer to divert attention aways [sic] from Obama's failure to solve the problems he promised to and his failure to lead and show transparancey [sic].
A radio network isn't a "rag," dumbass, and it's far more objective than anything YOU listen to. Like most Righties, you have that chip in the back of your neck that you plug in to the ReTHUGlican Noise Machine to download your daily talking points.

I think yours is a little defective, though, much like the rest of you...:)

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#11 May 29, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
By a 44-35 margin, Florida voters view Romney favorably while Obama is given an unfavorable response 50 percent of the time. Voters were even more negative on the president's job performance, with 52 percent rating Obama's job performance unfavorably and saying he does not deserve a second term.
Also of concern to Democratic leaders, Romney is favored 44-36 percent by independent voters, an increasingly critical bloc in Florida's recent elections.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/18602589/poll-romn...
According to the link below, 3 polls favor Romney, 3 favor Obama.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...

You nor anyone else has an exact pulse on what's going to happen in November. Spin all you like - but that's all you're doing son.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 May 29, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the link below, 3 polls favor Romney, 3 favor Obama.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
You nor anyone else has an exact pulse on what's going to happen in November. Spin all you like - but that's all you're doing son.
You are correct in the fact that none of the polls today can pinpoint the outcome, but they can show trends and changes in voting blocks. That will influence the end poll results.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#13 May 29, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the link below, 3 polls favor Romney, 3 favor Obama.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
You nor anyone else has an exact pulse on what's going to happen in November. Spin all you like - but that's all you're doing son.



Son,
I post the source links because I'm trying to educate dunce-0-crats. The story simply explained that Obamabots thought he had a 2nd term wrapped up until recent polling against Romney exposed jackasses in denial.

And the reasons are obvious. Obama Sucks. Romney will continue rising in the polls the come November will wash away the Stench of the Obama/Carter Error.


Have a nice day.:)




“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#14 May 29, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, ReTHUGlican liars have persuaded people that the debt, NOT the economy, is the major issue. When Obama's able to turn that misperception around, he'll win easily.



Obama's economy SUCKS and Obama's National Debt is at World Record Levels and very Unpatriotic.



Obama is pure Filth.

Sorry.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#15 May 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, at this time Carter was ahead by 18%, Obama is tied. By the time November is here they are going to have to have the Scooter Store get Obama a scooter to leave the White House in, but that too he won't have to pay for, but the taxpayer will as usual.



That's right. It's 1980 all over again!

AND Jimmy Carter is Laughing!



“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#16 May 29, 2012


Obama 'Devastating' For Civil Liberties

NPR
Talk of the Nation
October 10, 2011

Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed in the Los Angeles Times that "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." He says President Obama has continued many of the most controversial Bush administration programs.

JOHN DONVAN, host: And now, the Opinion Page. After eight years under President Bush, many civil libertarians were thrilled when Barack Obama won the 2008 election. What a difference a few years make. Law Professor Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed that, quote, "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." Now, if you supported President Obama in the last election, we want to know: How important is this issue of civil liberties to you? Will it make or break your support for the president going forward?


So Jonathan Turley, he's a law professor at George Washington University. His piece, "Obama: A Disaster for Civil Liberties," ran last month in the Los Angeles Times, and he joins us now in Studio 3A. So you say of President Obama that his election may be one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties? That is very, very strong language, Jonathan.

JONATHAN TURLEY: It is a strong language, but I think civil libertarians are coming to grips with what is really a building disaster for our movement, and it's been a rather difficult process. You know, I have a large civil liberties blog, and there's a lot of soul-searching among civil libertarians about what exactly happened. But we are engaging in a sense of collective denial when we deal with President Obama.

DONVAN: You mean you're not talking about it publicly.

TURLEY: Yeah. And I think that's part of the purpose of this column, is to address the fact that President Obama is a perfect nightmare when it comes to civil liberties. He not only adopted most of President Bush's policies in the civil liberties areas when it comes to terrorism, but he actually expanded on them. He outdid George Bush.

And they range. His position on torture and refusing to have people investigated or prosecuted for torture, on privacy lawsuits. He pushed aggressively for the dismissal of dozens of lawsuits brought by private interest organizations. He's for immunity for people who engaged in warrantless surveillance. He has fought standing for people even to be able to get courts to review his programs, much like George Bush.

He kept military tribunals and the authority to make the discretionary choice of sending some people to a real court, some people to a military tribunal. He has asserted the right to kill U.S. citizens based solely on his own discretion, that he believes them to be a threat to the country.

His administration has, once again, as with the Bush administration, cited secret law, that - and including a case of assassinating citizens - a law that we're not allowed to see, but we have to trust them.




http://www.npr.org/2011/10/10/141213273/op-ed...
dirk lavar

Muscotah, KS

#17 May 29, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. It's 1980 all over again!
AND Jimmy Carter is Laughing!
i get so tired of scrolling past harvey and laughing liberal to get to real peoples thoughts.
Pitiful

AOL

#19 May 29, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment
As Mitt Romney closes the gap, it is 1980 all over again for the man in the Oval Office.
Obama’s re-election is no longer guaranteed; some pollsters think it is unlikely. Day by day, the odds are improving that Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States.
What changed?
1) Voters are getting gloomier about the economy.
2) Joblessness remains high
3) Debt is out of control.
4) According to one poll released this week, only 33 per cent of Americans expect the economy to improve in the coming months
5) Only 43 per cent approve of the way that the president has handled it.
6-7) Voters think Obama has made the debt situation and health care worse.
The man who conducted the poll – Democrat Peter Hart – concluded that “Obama’s chances for re-election… are no better than 50-50.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mit...
Won't happen this time. Union members were proud patriotic Americans back in Carters day. They voted in droves for President Reagan. Now they are just about greed for more and more and more of their neighbors hard earned money and will vote obama no matter how awful he is for America.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#20 May 29, 2012
I think President Obama will lose about 45% of the Union vote. He lost the Catholics, most of the Jews, and almost half of the Union members. They better start checking the borders for illegals.
Fellow Nebraskan

Lincoln, NE

#21 May 29, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It reminds me of the 2010 election when the Republicans picked up 64 new House seats, and 7 new Senate seats. I do worry about the Republicans doing what is right with all that power. They would have to do better then what is being done right now, so that will be a start.
What is the matter with the working people of Florida?

If you work for a living you cannot actually be voting for Mitt Ronmey Maybe you should watch something besides Fox News. Try MSNBC and get both sides What makes you think Romney knows anything more about economy than Obama except he knows how to give all the breaks to the top 1% Ask yourself how many jobs they have given

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comedy Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vanessa Hudgens goes gritty in Gimme Shelter (Jan '14) 6 hr Big mike 33
Vanessa Hudgens Totally Doesn't Do Drugs Like E... (Oct '13) 6 hr Big mike 48
Top 10 'High School Musical' Songs (Oct '13) 6 hr Big mike 36
Paul Walker Cannot Lie (Feb '06) 11 hr PWWr 11,707
Appointed judge Cranfill seeks full term on bench (Oct '08) 11 hr anonymous 3
Five things the goss mags swear are true (Mar '14) 12 hr raphan banksters 7
Ashley Tisdale goes for a casual breakfast with... (Apr '14) 16 hr one directioner 2

Comedy Movies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE