Race row erupts over casting of Angelina Jolie as Cleopatra

Jun 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Freerepublic.com

She hasn't even been officially confirmed as having the role, but Angelina Jolie is already receiving criticism over her possible portrayal of the legendary Queen of the Nile.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,620
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Spook is a bad word”

Since: May 10

but CRACKA is okay....lol!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

If they wanted a negro actress to play the part, then maybe a negro should have PRODUCED the film,......hmmmm?

Since: Oct 09

Athos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Macedonian, classic Macedonian features. No doubt. Angelina's a great actress, good choice.

And why would she be receiving criticism directly? It's a job that was offered to her. Do we need to pass all these decisions by those who are complaining? Give us your email address. Then Hallmark and Hollywood can email all their decisions so you can approve them first. Yeah, whatever.

If I don't like a product, then I just don't buy it or I don't watch it! I never once thought to eliminate it so the rest of the world has to think like me.

But in this case, it's history and some people really need to learn their history and understand that it will not always be on your side or be fair. That's history, it's not up for negotiation or to be "pc".
Barros Serrano

Amherst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Allegedly Cleopatra was not all that good looking really... she was just very intelligent.

Joli is probably way too good looking for this part.

CLEOPATRA was a PTOLEMY, of Macedonian ancestry. It is NOT established that she had any "black" ancestry at all, and doubtful that she would have, given the Greek/Macedonian propensity for ancestral purity.

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

1

1







Micheal Jackson is dead, She was next in Line,...
Spikewebbe

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I thought Angelina Jolie IS Black. Doesn't she have a Black child?

“Lack of Sunlight....”

Since: Jan 08

Cleveland, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Angelina playing Cleo is not a big deal, to me any way. She is a Box Office magnet, beautiful, and fun to watch. They didn't use a real British woman to play Lara Croft either.
HUNNYBUN

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 18, 2010
 
This is not the first time that this has happened with Angelina. She caught a lot of flack for playing the role as Mariane Pearl in The Mighty Heart. People raised a stink because Mariane is a 1/4 Black and Ang isn't. There were people that thought that a woman of some color should have played the part. Mariane Pearl wanted Angelina to play the part and she had repeatedly said that to no avail...it did nothing but fell on deaf ears. Mariane also said that she identifies herself as being more French then African and to HER it was no big deal.

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1






Maybe they want The Movie to Be a Success',...





9899
Smokin Joe

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Y'all are just dumb. Angelina has Black and Indian in her from her mother's side. Just look at her features. She ain't no regular White girl.

Since: Oct 09

Athos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

On her father's side, Jolie is of Czechoslovak and German descent and on her mother's side she is French Canadian and is said to be part Iroquois.

Could she have some black from way back? Who knows. Maybe. Who cares. Who checks that far back. I certainly don't care.
Skeptic

Winthrop, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 18, 2010
 
Bread and circuses (circi) They need to keep us distracted while they dismantle the Constitution of the United States, at some point, we'll wake up under a harsh dictatorship, everyone will wonder,'when did it happpen?'
Big Time wrote:
Maybe they want The Movie to Be a Success',...
9899

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 18, 2010
 
Why the row over Angelina Jolie being given the role of Cleopatra?
Angelina Jolie has more of the features common with mediterranean women.She"s not too pale and not too skinny.Besides Cleopatra had Greek roots so it would be sane to use someone like Angelina Jolie or even Kim Kardeshian(though all she knows is booty shaking).But then if they had choosed Naomi Watts or Paris Hilton i would have found something wrong in their choices because both women are just too damm pale and just too damm blond.

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 18, 2010
 
Barros Serrano wrote:
Allegedly Cleopatra was not all that good looking really... she was just very intelligent.
Joli is probably way too good looking for this part.
CLEOPATRA was a PTOLEMY, of Macedonian ancestry. It is NOT established that she had any "black" ancestry at all, and doubtful that she would have, given the Greek/Macedonian propensity for ancestral purity.
Well if she was not too that good looking i wonder why the Emperor of Rome was humping her back in the day.
Mixed Zimbabwean

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I don't like her false tits.

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Smokin Joe wrote:
Y'all are just dumb. Angelina has Black and Indian in her from her mother's side. Just look at her features. She ain't no regular White girl.
You have a point.
A typical way a white girl looks

http://www.dagsavisen.no/multimedia/archive/0...
A picture of Angelina Jolie
http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/a...
We can all spot the difference.
HUNNYBUN

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 18, 2010
 
Luved your comparison Othello. That is one hell of a difference. I think Angelina's features are very much Native American...more angular then your typical square or round features of a very white Euro. I know this sounds very sterotypical of me to say, but Native Americans do have the very high cheekbone feature that stands out in comparison to other races, but then again, I have seen a whole heck of a lot of Swedes with that same angular high cheekbone thing going on to.

Who cares really, Ang, has always been my idol, and I think that she's drop dead gorgeous. But beauty is and always has been "in the eyes of the beholder".

“Just me”

Since: Dec 08

london

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 18, 2010
 
HUNNYBUN wrote:
Luved your comparison Othello. That is one hell of a difference. I think Angelina's features are very much Native American...more angular then your typical square or round features of a very white Euro. I know this sounds very sterotypical of me to say, but Native Americans do have the very high cheekbone feature that stands out in comparison to other races, but then again, I have seen a whole heck of a lot of Swedes with that same angular high cheekbone thing going on to.
Who cares really, Ang, has always been my idol, and I think that she's drop dead gorgeous. But beauty is and always has been "in the eyes of the beholder".
You know i used to think that Angelina was a native american woman because she just looked too native american.Though her parents might be white she doesnt look at tht white.

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1








She ain't No Field Hand,...

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SpookBuster wrote:
If they wanted a negro actress to play the part, then maybe a negro should have PRODUCED the film,......hmmmm?
I will cosign this.
Smokin Joe

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

othello_81 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point.
A typical way a white girl looks
http://www.dagsavisen.no/multimedia/archive/0...
A picture of Angelina Jolie
http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/a...
We can all spot the difference.
Well I don't don't know about those pics. But here is one when she was 16. She does look exotic. Look at her lips.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fKyHFjiwcVI/SAiTXMU...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,620
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••