It's back to school for '90210'

Full story: Newsday

Make no mistake about the power of the original "Beverly Hills 90210," which ended eight years ago.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Sep 3, 2008
John

Beacon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

Vern, the show was bad. period.
No Comment

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

I think the show was pretty good. It wasn't the old 90210 but we'll see how it goes.
oop

Hauppauge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

They should have just made it a continuation of the original characters 8 years later...Hannah should only be around 11 or so..
willie

New City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Kelly still looks hot. Brenda looks like an old hag
Shrimps

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

No Comment wrote:
I think the show was pretty good. It wasn't the old 90210 but we'll see how it goes.
That show bit the big one! You thought it was pretty good? How old are you, 8? Another trashy show by The CW, and you can add UPN to the list of trash. What is wrong with kids today? I give it two more episodes before it is yanked and replaced with "James at 16...the adult years"!
NYC

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

I didn't think it was that bad, I watched both hours and was entertained.

The original was hardly Requiem for A Dream material.
Tori Horseface

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

yawn
Shrimps

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

NYC wrote:
I didn't think it was that bad, I watched both hours and was entertained.
The original was hardly Requiem for A Dream material.
You watched both hours of that trash and were entertained? You must have some exciting life. What are you doing this week-end...gonna stay in your room and play video games?
shrimps is a shrimp

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

The Show was dope. With that being said, I can't wait for the next one.
Shrimps

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

shrimps is a shrimp wrote:
The Show was dope. With that being said, I can't wait for the next one.
That show was dope? Let me guess, you are a young HS or college student. You have tattoos, a heroin addiction and contribute nothing to society but burglary. You are a part of society today that is killing this country. Rap, lack of education, lack of ethics, lack of responsibility, and lack of motivation. I not only blame you but your parents for raising such a waste product.

I am glad you thing the show was "dope"..now try getting off the "dope".
90210grl

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

I am definitely not breathing a sigh of relief. The show was completely insulting to old fans.

So all of a sudden we see Hannah? Last we heard, they were living around New Haven because Andrea was going to try Yale finally. We can't just have Hannah back in LA without explaining where Andrea and Jesse are. It just doesn't make sense. And they probably thought they were throwing us a bone but it wasn't worth it.

It was good that they provided details on how Kelly ended up a guidance counselor. But they completely failed to mention her PR business that she started in the series finale. Do we just pretend that didn't exist?

Weird that they mentioned another male principal before Harry. What ever happened to Mrs. Teasley? Even after high school, we still saw her, even in the series finale.

In season 10, Jackie and Mel were separating after the whole strip club fiasco with Gina. So we're supposed believe they got back together again and then split AGAIN to make Silver's story about Naiomi be true? And that's why Jackie is back on drugs after 18 years of being sober?

And Palisades definitely wasn't West Bev's rival back in the original.

A reunion with Brenda and Kelly without mentioning their old friends? Kind of weird.

I'm dying to know what Rob Thomas' original pilot was, since they've said it's so different from this one.

Here's hoping the pace slows down, the stories get more accurate, we get Dixon's adoption back story, find out why in hell the Peach Pit changed styles, and some answers regarding Sammy's dad and how/why Brenda and Kelly saw each other years ago.
my opinion

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, i was happy to see Kelly and Nat. I thought that was a neat touch having Nat be on the new one. I didnt like the new Pit though. I might tune in next week, its mostly to see who the father of Kelly's little boy is. Considering her and Dylan were getting heated up when the series ended.
NYC

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

Shrimps wrote:
<quoted text>
You watched both hours of that trash and were entertained? You must have some exciting life. What are you doing this week-end...gonna stay in your room and play video games?
Nope, going to take my boat over to the family beach house and enjoy a nice BBQ?

And you? Cleaning mommies undies again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beverly Hills, 90210 Discussions

Search the Beverly Hills, 90210 Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Luke Perry Return to '90210?' (Sep '08) Jul '13 Amy Lee 5
Beverly Hills 90210 DVDs (Jun '13) Jun '13 Stella Briscoe 1
Beverly Hills 90210 the Movie or 90210 the Movie? (Nov '10) Mar '13 BrylanFan 2
Jennie Garth Dating Jeremy Salken (Jan '13) Jan '13 dmw 2
Beyond Beverly Hills (Apr '08) May '12 Nikki 5
Dylan's car (Jan '07) Nov '11 John 20
Greatest American Hero casting (Mar '08) Apr '11 kenneth Riley 19
•••
•••