2007 Yamaha C3 scooter

Full story: New Launches

The Yamaha C3 scooter seems to be an ideal choice it is powered by a 49cc liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single; 3-valve engine which runs for a long time on 1.2 gallons of gas.
Comments
1 - 20 of 707 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014
First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Eve

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2006

Judged:

Looks like the Honda Zoomer but as long as it saves money and space it is good enough. That 9 gallons under seat sound nice too.
Rik

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

Judged:

How would it be for a rental scooter?
Eve

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Judged:

I think it would be just PERFECT for rental scooter!
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Judged:

Do you think it would be fine for a 6'1" - 250 lbs. person. I have a Honda Elite 80 now, but it seems small and really looking for a bigger, not too expensive, scooter...
Eve

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2006

Judged:

Mike wrote:
Do you think it would be fine for a 6'1" - 250 lbs. person. I have a Honda Elite 80 now, but it seems small and really looking for a bigger, not too expensive, scooter...
I don't think it would be a good idea to move to fewer cc. I recently had a test ride on a Honda PS 150i (i don't know if it has arrived yet in the US). It's quite comfortable with a lot of space under the seat and only the fact that it is Fuel Injection makes it really cheap to ride every day. I filled up the tank and did about 220 klm until Empty...
Patrick

Riverview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

Judged:

Does the C3 only seat one? And if so, is there an extended seat that you could fit on it?
Eve

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2006

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
Does the C3 only seat one? And if so, is there an extended seat that you could fit on it?
Yamaha hasn't mention anything about a bigger seat. The C3 is gonna come out on November. Maybe later will release some accessories.
A 49cc powered scooter (and 4-stroke) won't have the strength to move 2 persons with more than 35-40 km/h though...(a 2-stroke will)
jet

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Judged:

I'm curious if anyone has ridden or sat on a yamaha C3 yet. I'm 5 foot 10 and wonder if it is big enough for me. I fit comfortably on a Vento Phantom 150. Also wondering what the top speed is for the C3.
jet

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Judged:

Just saw some online photos of the Honda PS 150i . that looks great. does anyone know if we can buy it in the states yet...and if so...where to buy it?

thanks, Jt

also...does anyone know alot about the vento phantom scooter.? I was thinking of buying a used one.
sharath kumar

Mysore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

Judged:

what the mileage and power it has
sharath kumar

Mysore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

Judged:

how much it will cost in India, in terms of rupees, will it be available in India
sharath kumar

Mysore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

Judged:

my question was about yamaha c3
jet

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2006

Judged:

to Sharath: I've heard 110mpg in the usa. it will cost $2000 here. not sure of India prices...good luck.

about C3
Pamela Anne

Moraga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2006

Judged:

Hi Rik, Patrick and Eve,

Please check out the www.marksmotos.com website too. It's strictly for motorcycles enthusiasts.
Greg K

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

Judged:

Someday they will make a scooter for a guy my size. There are downsides to being 6'5" and 245 pounds.
tony

North Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

msrp is $1,999. Does anyone know what the 'out the door prices are?
Mano-Toronto Canada

Monument, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

Judged:

The C3 has been out for a while now. I'm most interested in reliability and build quality. I've bought and run Hondas all my life with ZERO maintanance issues. someone told me Yamahas aren't built as good and Yamaha does not support it's products as well as Honda and Suzuki (including in-warranty). Anyone have any positive or negative feedback?
Ian McAllister

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2007

Judged:

i bought a C3 a few days ago and I love it. It has a little slower pickup than the two-stroke I used to ride, but the top speed is definitely higher, and the gas mileage is a lot better. I can get it going over 50 now, but its not fully broken in yet.

It will take 2 people at about 30-35 mph, about 25 uphill.

The gas mileage is unbelievable, my first tank went 124 miles.

Out the door mine was 2,300. I bought the 4 year warranty from the shop that I got it at for 400 bucks, that covers EVERYTHING. I have heard the Yamaha extended warranty is terrible, because if you mod it at all, or break it in wrong, they wont cover you.

I have a friend who is 6'2" 185 and he rocked it just fine.

I would reccomend this scooter to anyone who is happy with the speed of a 50cc.
scooter boys 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2007

Judged:

so this scooter the C3 yamaha will run 40 to 45 miles per hour right out of the store? Is that right?
Ian McAllister wrote:
i bought a C3 a few days ago and I love it. It has a little slower pickup than the two-stroke I used to ride, but the top speed is definitely higher, and the gas mileage is a lot better. I can get it going over 50 now, but its not fully broken in yet.
It will take 2 people at about 30-35 mph, about 25 uphill.
The gas mileage is unbelievable, my first tank went 124 miles.
Out the door mine was 2,300. I bought the 4 year warranty from the shop that I got it at for 400 bucks, that covers EVERYTHING. I have heard the Yamaha extended warranty is terrible, because if you mod it at all, or break it in wrong, they wont cover you.
I have a friend who is 6'2" 185 and he rocked it just fine.
I would reccomend this scooter to anyone who is happy with the speed of a 50cc.
Ian McAllister

Battle Mountain, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2007

Judged:

You bet

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Scooters Forum right now

Search the Scooters Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
no title for scooter (Mar '09) Sat scottperers 69
Are there any reliable Chinese scooters and dea... (Jul '09) Sat Hardy 109
Problem with a motobravo 150cc milano Scooter H... (Jun '08) Jul 23 ronieradicality 80
Maintenance on Jonway Chinese 50cc scooter (Oct '08) Jul 23 john 193
2008 Peace Sports 50cc Scooter turns over but w... (Nov '08) Jul 20 Ray 159
Rocketa MC-17-150 issues Jul 18 TJM 2
Jonway madness problem (Jul '10) Jul 14 Phil 48
•••
•••