Rally in the Corn plans continue to move forward

Aug 10, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times Bulletin

By ED GEBERT Times Bulletin News Writer VAN WERT - C. J. Van Wart is happy to have found the Ohio city named for his ancestor, Revolutionary War hero, Isaac Van Wart.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Why so serious?”

Since: Oct 11

Your Mom, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

cafe racer wrote:
iPhone a couple hundred dollars, a good motorcycle a few thousand dollars. it's not that you dont want a bike it's just that You can't afford one.
iPhone was 300. Factor in monthly bills and if I wanted a motorcycle I'd be able to get one. Just face it that not everyone thinks you look "cool" on a bike lol.
biker dude

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

i heard the wetzel group rented out their facility for the same weekend van wart has his and that it will compete directly with them, hope its true, i will support the locals over this outside money grubber.
johnny jump up

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

i heard the same thing biker dude
zebby

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 6, 2011
 
you have heard wrong,our party is the last full weekend n july n will not change,and we dont just rent out our property to anyone...so recheck you sources...good day...@ murphy n some people just look as stupid on a bike as they do sittin n front of thier comp. or holdin thier super mega iphone...lmao...save ur pennies n join the fun,do something fun w/ur daughter b4 she grows up n moves away from ur dumbass...

“Why so serious?”

Since: Oct 11

Your Mom, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Nov 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

zebby wrote:
you have heard wrong,our party is the last full weekend n july n will not change,and we dont just rent out our property to anyone...so recheck you sources...good day...@ murphy n some people just look as stupid on a bike as they do sittin n front of thier comp. or holdin thier super mega iphone...lmao...save ur pennies n join the fun,do something fun w/ur daughter b4 she grows up n moves away from ur dumbass...
Yeah, I'll give you that much about some people looking stupid behind a smartphone or computer. I guess it boils down to the fact that some people I know look at most of these bikers and think, "ew" while some people look at some geeks with their iPhones or computers and saw similar things.

However, you're not helping to dissuade us for holding those stereotypes. Thankfully I know a few really cool @ss dudes who happen to ride but those guys would look down on a person like you no matter how they felt about me by attempting to even bring up someone's kids names on a site like this. Nice jumping on that bandwagon but it doesn't bother me like you would maybe think it should. I just chalk it up to ignorant people rambling in about things they know absolutely nothing about and trying their hardest to get me to do something other than look at them and laugh with zero respect.
zeb

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Nov 6, 2011
 
..i didnt say nything negative about the baby,just said maybe u could do something fun w/her while she is still young,they dont stay small 4ever...lmao...oh n i dont do wagons sorry...
CJ Van Wart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Nov 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Where do you get Money Grubber from? John Shoemaker with the Wetzel Party was contacted by me and I had a face to face meeting with him to explain what I was doing. We met at the Convention Bureau and I will tell you even he expressed his willingness to help. I do things the right way, and with respect. I believe in getting permission before I hold any kind of an event. The reason is so that I do not step on the toes of other organizers and what they have going on. What is the harm in doing an event that brings revenue to the city and county. It amazes me that a few negative people think that they represent the majority, it is not the case. We do not live in a perfect world, but it would be nice to base your judgements and opinions about my event and who I am only after you have seen the outcome of the event. I am truly sorry some of you feel the way you do, but I am working hard to prove that this event will impact the local economy very well. I do not apologize for making money, for the simple fact my family depends on me to make an income. Everyone thinks that you get rich somehow doing these shows, it is a farce. I hope all is well and hope to see many of you at the event, and once again again I would like to thank the Wetzel group for their help,exhibitors,sponsors,conce ssion vendors,The Van Wert motorcycle club, and all of our many volunteers. I am also very thankful for the Convention Bureau, Fairboard, and times bulletin for all of their help. God Bless!
johnny jump up

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Nov 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

i heard it was not the wetzel club that was putting on the competing event out there, it was a bunch of local yocals doing it.
member

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Nov 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

we would not rent our property out for another club or group to have a party,its our property n we will be the only ones to have such an event,but thank you for your concern...have you not heard all of the other rumors about us..lmao...why believe this one...
linkappleyard_du h

Apple Creek, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Don't mind me, I'm just too lazy to write anything of substance. My plan is to make anything new in Van Wert sound like a waste of time or a rip-off. My mom/dad (who are cousins) didn't pay enough attention to me when I was younger. I'm 38 now and still living at home...by the way; any of you ladies want to get together later? I have a 1/2 off coupon at the Orchard Tree.

Since: Jan 12

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CJ Van Wart wrote:
Where do you get Money Grubber from? John Shoemaker with the Wetzel Party was contacted by me and I had a face to face meeting with him to explain what I was doing. We met at the Convention Bureau and I will tell you even he expressed his willingness to help. I do things the right way, and with respect. I believe in getting permission before I hold any kind of an event. The reason is so that I do not step on the toes of other organizers and what they have going on. What is the harm in doing an event that brings revenue to the city and county. It amazes me that a few negative people think that they represent the majority, it is not the case. We do not live in a perfect world, but it would be nice to base your judgements and opinions about my event and who I am only after you have seen the outcome of the event. I am truly sorry some of you feel the way you do, but I am working hard to prove that this event will impact the local economy very well. I do not apologize for making money, for the simple fact my family depends on me to make an income. Everyone thinks that you get rich somehow doing these shows, it is a farce. I hope all is well and hope to see many of you at the event, and once again again I would like to thank the Wetzel group for their help,exhibitors,sponsors,conce ssion vendors,The Van Wert motorcycle club, and all of our many volunteers. I am also very thankful for the Convention Bureau, Fairboard, and times bulletin for all of their help. God Bless!
I would not waste your time posting about your event on this site, people are only trying to create controversy.
linkappleyard_du h

Johnstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Apr 26, 2012
 
peoplescourt wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not waste your time posting about your event on this site, people are only trying to create controversy.
Ok, the time has come-the Press Conference is Friday, April 27th at 10 AM at the Fairgrounds-come out and see what this is all about.
Yuppy

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
May 8, 2012
 
The Yuppy bikers of Van Wert are putting this on. Have you ever seen how clean their bikes are and how they have those bright colored lights on their bikes?

Since: May 12

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I hope this thing goes down well. Love an excuse to get drunk in public. Wish the bands were better. But, cant have everything. Wonder how long before the cops shut it down or arrest everyone the 1st night. Also can't believe the local holy rollers in city council are letting in happen.

Since: May 12

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
May 15, 2012
 
sounds like a good time to me...and hen is going to be there and jump his 4 wheeler...think ill take my camper out and stay awhile.
normal

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
May 15, 2012
 
The Grande Poohbah wrote:
I hope this thing goes down well. Love an excuse to get drunk in public. Wish the bands were better. But, cant have everything. Wonder how long before the cops shut it down or arrest everyone the 1st night. Also can't believe the local holy rollers in city council are letting in happen.
Isn't it at the fairgrounds? The county has been a little more lenient about having a beer tent, etc. than the city was in the past.
But we have some new members on council now, so maybe things will change a little.
I probably won't attend the Rally..... not because I disapprove but because I'm not that interested in bikes and stuff.
I hope it's a big success, though.
big baller

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
May 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

cj van wert Im glad that you have decided to put on this event in Van Wert . This town needs more events like this . Don't listen to the retards on here. GOOD LUCK see ya in June
linkappleyard_du h

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
May 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it at the fairgrounds? The county has been a little more lenient about having a beer tent, etc. than the city was in the past.
But we have some new members on council now, so maybe things will change a little.
I probably won't attend the Rally..... not because I disapprove but because I'm not that interested in bikes and stuff.
I hope it's a big success, though.
Even if your not interested in bikes it sounds like it will be a blast; they are bringing in a ton of tribute bands, if nothing else the music should be worth a ticket http://www.rallyinthecorn.com/
F.U.

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jun 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CJ Van Wart wrote:
<quoted text>I just wish people would understand that I working hard to bring rvenue to Van Wert. I do not have to do this show in Van Wert, there are many places I could host the Rally. I chose to put the show on in Van Wert, because I see success for everyone involved. Most people could not do what I do, but yet there are some that seem to know more than I. I have been in this industry for over 20 years, and I think I know something about what I am doing. I still do not know everything and depend on many to assist, and I learn new things everyday. Hope all is well, and hope you have a Great day!
Just wanted to bump not only this thread, but this particular comment by this jerk off. Way to scam everyone involved, douchebag.
F.U.

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Jun 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CJ Van Wart wrote:
I just want to say thet Wetzel group has been very nice to us and actually came to the Fairboard meeting to hear what we had to say. It was stated in the meeting to everyone that attended that if I was putting on a quilt show none of these topics would even be brought up. I am in no way in competition with the Wetzel group and I made it a point to ask the Wetzel group if I was stepping on their toes. John has been very helpful and I admire him and the others that run the Wetzel group for their understanding of what we are doing. Our goal is to put on the event so that it benefits all that are involved.
Wanted to bump this one also. As now the money grubbing Texas con men are blaming Wetzel MC for their failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Motorcycles Forum right now

Search the Motorcycles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Top-Selling Motorcycles in US in 2013: Harley-D... 11 hr SteveB 1
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager/Nomad Review (Jun '09) Tue Goggle Boy 30
Polaris keeps some jobs in Wisconsin (Apr '11) Mon EX-EMPLOYEE 24
Fast N' Loud finds the first two Pontiac Firebi... Apr 20 427kingdotcom 1
Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Apr 19 nickb 224
Custom Yamaha XS650 (Feb '13) Apr 14 Skeets 6
2008 Yamaha C3 Scooter Review (Jul '09) Apr 14 brent 6
•••
•••
•••
•••