Baseball | Pittsburgh Pirates’ brass looking forward to ‘prettier’ ’12

Feb 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bradenton.com

Pittsburgh Pirates president Frank Coonelly borrows an analogy from manager Clint Hurdle when talking about the way the long-struggling franchise is perceived by the best players in baseball.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Beatup Pirate Fan

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

I don't believe the Pirates are contenders this year, SORRY COONELLY. It is OK to develop young talent, but not OK to trade them off when they get good. Your playing a game with the loyal Pirate fans.
You have had the best picks for many years because of your dismal finishes. You should be ASHAMED at your results! You also have to spend some money if you really care about competing. With what you have shown me, the only way you are going to get to first place is if all the teams leave your division and you are the only team in the division. Sorry for being so cynical, but you made me that way. The management is the problem!!!
the way it is

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Fielder and Pujols are now in the AL. Braun has a 50-game suspension.
The Pirates will be able to contend in an otherwise weak NL Central Division.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••