Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

An overwhelming number of educated Economists agree that Romney’s plan would rape the middle class, driving us into a deep recession, or worse. We’ve been down this road before. “Trickle Down” does not work. The Rich should pay the same tax percentage as the rest of us. It’s only fair, but also the patriotic thing to do.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Looking at the bond buyback from this point of view I wouldn't touch the stock market, but that is just my opinion.
I got completely out of the market and purchased other items that have done quite well upon resale.
You have to remember the Government is just printing money to buy these bonds back.

From the Wall Street Journal:
The number one holder of these bonds is the Chinese government. They became America's lead banker late last year. Last Friday the prime minister, Wen Jiabao, took the extraordinary step of telling the world how "worried" he was about his government's estimated $740 billion worth of Treasury bonds. At the time they had been sliding. A few days later the Federal Reserve offered to bid them up with taxpayers' funds and they started rising again.

Whether you are Mr. Wen of Beijing or Mrs. Jones in Phoenix, if you own a lot of these long-term bonds you might want to take advantage of this bounce to sell some, because these bonds now look disturbingly overvalued. The yield on the 10-year Treasury just fell to a paltry 2.6% or so, while that on the 30-year is just 3.6%.

These interest rates are near all-time lows. And they offer you very little compensation for a lot of risk. Put briefly: Any big upsurge in inflation will absolutely smoke longer-term government bonds. And with the government running the printing presses at full throttle, inflation, sooner or later, has to be a high probability. The dollar is already heading south on similar fears.

There really are few reasons why private investors should hold nominal thirty-year Treasury bonds in these circumstances. You will sleep a lot easier with inflation-protected bonds instead.

For now, the Fed's move has driven up Treasury prices and driven down mortgage rates. How long will that last? It's anyone's guess. But the omens are hardly promising.

It is hardly a confident sign when one of the few big customers left for US government paper is the US government. It smacks of a bar that starts to sell a lot of booze to the owner. On credit.

And while the Federal Reserve is trumpeting its "new" policy in order to boost confidence, it's not really that new after all. Look through the fine print of the Fed's recent statistical releases and you'll see that it already owns about $474 billion worth of Treasurys, most of them of longer maturities.
I think this guy likes getting bend over, raped one might say

Since: Apr 11

Pewaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Verne Gagne wrote:
An overwhelming number of educated Economists agree that Romney’s plan would rape the middle class, driving us into a deep recession, or worse. We’ve been down this road before.“Trickle Down” does not work. The Rich should pay the same tax percentage as the rest of us. It’s only fair, but also the patriotic thing to do.
...taxpayers posts expose a sobering reality.

His post suggests that one of the reasons we have a high dow/jobless rate has to do with multinational companies headquartered here and have plants in foreign countries are experiencing robust sales abroad.

The conservatives believe tax cut would have turned the economy around but if taxpayers post is correct, the american worker would have benefited little by it.

The only workers who would benefit would be the workers in the foreign plants.

These so-called multinationals should have kept their plants HER,in the U.S.

This way,WE would be the beneficiary of the foreign markets increased demand of U.S. goods.

So now my question to milwtaxpayer is: "How does romney propose to deal with the jobless rate if multinational companies headquartered here and have plants in foreign countries are experiencing robust sales abroad and that is what is keeping the jobless rate high"???
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

cnw95 wrote:
<quoted text>
...taxpayers posts expose a sobering reality.
His post suggests that one of the reasons we have a high dow/jobless rate has to do with multinational companies headquartered here and have plants in foreign countries are experiencing robust sales abroad.
The conservatives believe tax cut would have turned the economy around but if taxpayers post is correct, the american worker would have benefited little by it.
The only workers who would benefit would be the workers in the foreign plants.
These so-called multinationals should have kept their plants HER,in the U.S.
This way,WE would be the beneficiary of the foreign markets increased demand of U.S. goods.
So now my question to milwtaxpayer is: "How does romney propose to deal with the jobless rate if multinational companies headquartered here and have plants in foreign countries are experiencing robust sales abroad and that is what is keeping the jobless rate high"???
Here is Romney's plan, you can read it for yourself.

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/default/files...
PR and Proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

I don't read so-called policies which devote an entire chapter to pointing out opponents. That's more politics, not a plan.

Romney's ideas are more pie-in-the-sky-never-gonna-hap pen-in-Washington garbage. It's not 1950... or even 1980. You can't run government like you run a business. As a taxpayer, I'm not an investor in the ideas of an inventor. I don't have a choice in where my money is going. I have no say in all the players on the team. This is why Mitt cannot be 'the man' based on his business experience alone. He's not gonna run China or Korea or Japan or England or Germany or Italy out of town by out performing or under cutting their prices. He'll have to play nice... just like every other modern politician.

Has Romney ever been forced to play by those kinds of rules in his experience as a venture capitalist? Probably not... or at least not much.
Ruby Balogna

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Romney is a puppet. Ryan is a pathalogical LIAR!

Since: Apr 11

Pewaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is Romney's plan, you can read it for yourself.
I read enough of his plan to get the "sportcenter highlights" out of it.

I did not notice a solution to the high jobless rate though.

Assuming we are sticking to the conclusions drawn in your previous posts about why the dow and jobless rate are high,romney would have to ask or force the companies that have overseas plants to bring them back here.

It does america no good to participate in a global economy if we aren't the ones filling the orders.

Also, his plan points out the huge imbalance in the goods we IMPORT from china and the goods we EXPORT to china.

My opinion on that is this...our trade relationship with china was NOT set up to do export trade with china.

It was set up to aid china more than it was to aid us.

Folks forget that in spite of our weak economy and spiralling debt we have continued to enjoy one HUGE advantage over EVERY other country on the planet.

To purchase oil on the open market one needs U.S. CURRENCY.

Over the past several years, china's productivity has grown to large proportions.

With this growth comes the increased demand for oil.

Doing business with us has two advantages...

1.We are the only country that can afford to purchase all that crap they make.

2.When we do purchase that crap,we do it with U.S. CURRENCY.

A win-win for china.

It's no coincidence.

That's one reason why our gov prints so much money with seemingly NO conscience..

No matter how much the dollar goes down in value as it relates to OVERPRINTING,their will still be a demand for the dollar because it is the only currency accepted for global oil transactions.

So when i hear chinese officials whimper about our huge deficit,i feel like telling them to go pound sand.

If push came to shove,we could just make all of our products HERE in the U.S. like we did in years past.and they would LOSE their biggest customer in the process.

We have to address the problem of shipping U.S. jobs overseas in order to bring down the jobless rate.

PR and Proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Romney's Plan:

To shame voters into picking him over Obama.

I mean, if you support Obama, you must be on welfare and unwilling to take responsibility for your own life. Right?
Dick Dabruser

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

PR and Proud wrote:
Romney's Plan:
To shame voters into picking him over Obama.
I mean, if you support Obama, you must be on welfare and unwilling to take responsibility for your own life. Right?
I was wondering that myself……….. MITT!….Apparently over the last 40yrs I’ve gotten up at 4:30 to 5:00 AM, put in 8 – 10 – 12 hrs a day, plus many Saturdays and Sundays going to some company, not to mention a 30-90 min drive time each way. WOW!.....I was shocked to learn I’ve been on welfare! Why didn I know?......I thought it was called “working middle class American taxpayer”! I guess I was wrong!
PR and Proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Dick Dabruser wrote:
<quoted text> I was wondering that myself……….. MITT!….Apparently over the last 40yrs I’ve gotten up at 4:30 to 5:00 AM, put in 8 – 10 – 12 hrs a day, plus many Saturdays and Sundays going to some company, not to mention a 30-90 min drive time each way. WOW!.....I was shocked to learn I’ve been on welfare! Why didn I know?......I thought it was called “working middle class American taxpayer”! I guess I was wrong!
Putting in a 8/10/12 our workday, plus some weekends, and 30-90 minute commute? You're obviously an irresponsible welfare recipient. Vote for Mitt to escape your loser ways.

What?!
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Romney's Plan:

To convince the USAmerican people it is the President, not we the people, who have power over what goes on in DC. Really, Romney? You're going to change Washington... IF you become President? No, this is what would happen. The Republican majority in Congress will actually vote and act on plans already sitting at their doorstep. Then, you'll be sent to the house until it's time to perform more tricks for them.

Obama is correct. It is we, the people, of this great Democracy who have the power to change this country. Voting isn't where the fight ends.
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

PR and Proud wrote:
Romney's Plan:
To keep his Mormon faith at the center of his campaign while Ryan convinces the Republican Christian base Mormonism and Christianity are one and the same.
Republicans claimed Obama was not fit to lead the US, due to a Muslim rumor they started. But they believe a Mormon is more than qualified to lead the country, based on his personal success. Well, Obama became President. I'd say that's a pretty good personal success record too. It's a position the ultra-successful businessman wants for himself.
Romney's Plan:
To convince the USAmericans public our country is no longer exceptional. Heck, his running mate is airing an ad claiming they will "restore" USAmerica. I had no idea this country is no longer exceptional. I had no idea the USAmerican dream was dead. I guess I've been too busy working, and leading an exceptional life with the missus.
Romney says, "this President cannot tell you you're better off now than when he took office". Actually, yes he can. I am better off financially than I was 4 years ago. Sorry, Romney. You're wrong about me and lots of other hardworking USAmericans.
I would rather have a Mormon than the MORON!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Obama is not a moron. He's more educated than you I'm sure. Actually, I'd place bets on that. He's also the president of the united states, you are not. And last, take a look at your post history. Your posts reek of immaturity & ignorance.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
As per usual, and falling in line with your Party, you avoid the issues and go for the pale version of wit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>I would rather have a Mormon than the MORON!
Corny :0/
Slim Dickman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your party tried a MORON for 8 years with Bush. In case you haven't noticed it didn't work, and it's the reason we're still digging out of the mess he made. Lets not try another Moron, or in this case a Mormon-Moron.
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Verne Gagne wrote:
An overwhelming number of educated Economists agree that Romney’s plan would rape the middle class, driving us into a deep recession, or worse. We’ve been down this road before.“Trickle Down” does not work. The Rich should pay the same tax percentage as the rest of us. It’s only fair, but also the patriotic thing to do.
OK, I would like to pay the same tax percentage as the 47% who pay NO taxes but receive all the same benifits. Sounds fair to me!
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

wedjat wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Obama is not a moron. He's more educated than you I'm sure. Actually, I'd place bets on that. He's also the president of the united states, you are not. And last, take a look at your post history. Your posts reek of immaturity & ignorance.
OK, weedjet.......what is obama's plan, since nothing he has done in the past 3 1/2 years has done anything!

Romneys plan is laid out for all to see....Obama....nothing!
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Oops ...forgot to add....
Potus=educated moron (just to make you feel better!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I would like to pay the same tax percentage as the 47% who pay NO taxes but receive all the same benifits. Sounds fair to me!
then do it, get fired lose any pension you may have, use state insurance which your doctors may or may not be covered etc etc etc, it's about pride, I found myself without a job about a year ago, did I use food stamps? No did I use "free benefits"? No because I felt I could get by without using them and I did, you make accusations that are unwarranted, and very closed minded, so let me make one about you and see how you feel, I bet you are white 50-60 years old, have a medial income, and are a closet racist and by closet I mean when you are alone you use racist terms and generalizations but would never say it to anyone's face which is why you come on topix to promote your true self. Sorry buddy, as we evolve by generations your close minded thinking will leave you in the dark and when you go to retire and your put in the old folks home guess who will be taking care of you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Milwaukee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Milwaukee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Milwaukee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milwaukee