Gulf state governors oppose Air Force plane moves

Mar 7, 2012 Full story: Alabama Live 18

In this Sept. 5, 2005, file photo, Air Force ground crews wait for a C-130 to be loaded with humanitarian supplies for an Aero Medical Evacuation flight for Hurricane Katrina victims in New Orleans.

Full Story

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Mar 8, 2012
Here's how the "RED STATES WELFARE " works:
Cut "government spending."
Shrink the budget.
"Starve the beast."

BUT When the cuts come to your disrict, squeal like a stuck pig.

They make fun of California, for nearly going bankrupt; yet every person in California sends more than $1300. to the red states, in Federal welfare support, just like this.

These states should stand on their own. Pay for their own air lifts, and put out their own fires, if they are so oppposed to FEDERAL WELFARE.

This move of a military unit will never be supported by the TEA BAGGERS; because they are all on the same gravy train.

Here is how our nation saves money, how can we cut the budget.
Now shut up, and let the Federal Government work.
Les Claypool

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 8, 2012
Moving hurricane relief aircraft away from the gulf only makes sense to a vindictive liberal. It's typical liberal anti-logic of those who seem obsessed with tea bagging.

By the way, I paid $48k in federal taxes last year. How about you? I don't mind if some of that money goes towards those who get up early every morning and go to work. That's not what I consider welfare.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#3 Mar 8, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
Moving hurricane relief aircraft away from the gulf only makes sense to a vindictive liberal. It's typical liberal anti-logic of those who seem obsessed with tea bagging.
By the way, I paid $48k in federal taxes last year. How about you? I don't mind if some of that money goes towards those who get up early every morning and go to work. That's not what I consider welfare.
Pay for it, welfare queen. You have a state militia that can maintain the same presence.

I paid a shade less than you, I'll admit, in Federal Taxes.
I also paid state taxes and local taxes that very likely put my entire tax bill well above yours. That's the point. I'm supporting my state with my state taxes; my town with my Real taxes; and I'm supporting your bum 'red' states with my Federal taxses.

My point (again) is that the very people who want to shut down the government don't want to shut it down.

This is not "...sense to a vindictive liberal..." Mr_Bill is a centrist, and if seems 'liberal' to you it is an indication of how you have allowed your politics to distort your perception.

Want protection?
Have it; at your cost, not mine. Hurricaines are not a one time thing, they are a condition of your choosing to live in a swampy, hot area.

And, many people who think as you do also deny the reality of Global Warmimg. But Global Warming is what is driving these Governors and Congressmen to demand that I subsidize you, Mr Welfare Queen.

You could at least say "Thank you for being my DADDY."
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay for it, welfare queen. You have a state militia that can maintain the same presence.
I paid a shade less than you, I'll admit, in Federal Taxes.
I also paid state taxes and local taxes that very likely put my entire tax bill well above yours. That's the point. I'm supporting my state with my state taxes; my town with my Real taxes; and I'm supporting your bum 'red' states with my Federal taxses.
My point (again) is that the very people who want to shut down the government don't want to shut it down.
This is not "...sense to a vindictive liberal..." Mr_Bill is a centrist, and if seems 'liberal' to you it is an indication of how you have allowed your politics to distort your perception.
Want protection?
Have it; at your cost, not mine. Hurricaines are not a one time thing, they are a condition of your choosing to live in a swampy, hot area.
And, many people who think as you do also deny the reality of Global Warmimg. But Global Warming is what is driving these Governors and Congressmen to demand that I subsidize you, Mr Welfare Queen.
You could at least say "Thank you for being my DADDY."
Oops, the Mr. Bill goes Les. You made a valid point based on your opinon and he responded by calling you names. Typical radical, liberial, socialist, Democrat lapdog response. He's about as centrist as Nancy Pelosi, Obama's House mouth.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#5 Mar 8, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, the Mr. Bill goes Les. You made a valid point based on your opinon and he responded by calling you names. Typical radical, liberial, socialist, Democrat lapdog response. He's about as centrist as Nancy Pelosi, Obama's House mouth.
Says another bum from another "Gulf welfare state."

Let the C130's GO.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#6 Mar 8, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Says another bum from another "Gulf welfare state."
Let the C130's GO.
Another name calling post from a twisted pissant without anything substanial, or relative to truth to say. You must really be lonely in your low self-esteem. May I suggest washing your mouth out with real feces, not that radical bigotted mouthwash you use now.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 8, 2012
New Rochelle indeed! Home of the pompus asses of the world. The "talk down to people of the lower caste" social center. Playground for the Kennedy/Kerry socialiteist. Hell, people from there would have to look up to see my butt crack.
Les Claypool

Denver, CO

#8 Mar 8, 2012
The only thing centralist about Mr. Bill is that he is the center of his own universe. Like most NE state liberals, he hates the South and especially Texas. Why? Because he hates Bush and Perry and he groups everyone from the South as being exactly the same. Iím no psychologist, but itís easy to see. Itís a lot like racism.

What I donít understand though is their obsession with tea bagging.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#9 Mar 8, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
The only thing centralist about Mr. Bill is that he is the center of his own universe. Like most NE state liberals, he hates the South and especially Texas. Why? Because he hates Bush and Perry and he groups everyone from the South as being exactly the same. Iím no psychologist, but itís easy to see. Itís a lot like racism.
What I donít understand though is their obsession with tea bagging.
At least NJ is not sucking the Federal teat, so I'll answer you and ignore the welfare red-state "GULF QUEENS."

Actually, Those who get their fictional "NEWS" from FOXLIES think that Ron Reagan is a liberal. You are all wrong.

You wouldn't recognize the political center if you fell into it. The idea that real Republicans are "RINO's " is another indication of your unbalance. To purge the party of allintelligent people; anmd then follow idealogues you all can't agree upon will be your fate.

You will hold your nose and vote for Romney, ane he will go down in flames.

Because, you see, you live in a fantasy world, and Riush Limbaugh is your dream-weaver. Sick stuff.

Mr_Bill actualy loves Texas, and has pity on the good people there for the wack-a-doo state it has become' with Gov. sticky-finger/silver spoon Greenwich CT Bush; and taht other dope in your statehouse now. Jeez.

Yee-Haw, Jeeves, bring my bottle.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#10 Mar 8, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
The only thing centralist about Mr. Bill is that he is the center of his own universe. Like most NE state liberals, he hates the South and especially Texas. Why? Because he hates Bush and Perry and he groups everyone from the South as being exactly the same. Iím no psychologist, but itís easy to see. Itís a lot like racism.
What I donít understand though is their obsession with tea bagging.
It's simple-they can't snort anything out of a teabag.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#11 Mar 8, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
At least NJ is not sucking the Federal teat, so I'll answer you and ignore the welfare red-state "GULF QUEENS."
Actually, Those who get their fictional "NEWS" from FOXLIES think that Ron Reagan is a liberal. You are all wrong.
You wouldn't recognize the political center if you fell into it. The idea that real Republicans are "RINO's " is another indication of your unbalance. To purge the party of allintelligent people; anmd then follow idealogues you all can't agree upon will be your fate.
You will hold your nose and vote for Romney, ane he will go down in flames.
Because, you see, you live in a fantasy world, and Riush Limbaugh is your dream-weaver. Sick stuff.
Mr_Bill actualy loves Texas, and has pity on the good people there for the wack-a-doo state it has become' with Gov. sticky-finger/silver spoon Greenwich CT Bush; and taht other dope in your statehouse now. Jeez.
Yee-Haw, Jeeves, bring my bottle.
How dare you Sir! NJ will never suck a Federal tit as long as it has a Republican Governor. And you Queens that commute across the river and call yourselves true Jerseyshites should be barred from using the bridge. You are a silver/finger up Obamas rectum with all this "wack-a-doo-doo" talk. Compose yourself person. Jizz!

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 8, 2012
Lets see if I got this right. In Mr. Bill's world it makes more sense to relocate aircraft away from where they are most likely to be used. Then I guess I missed something because they are Texas Air Guard? So why would Texas Air Guard Planes move out of Texas?
I'm confsed.
So somehow it is cheaper and more efficient to provide air support in the case of a huricane from Montana than it is from Fort Worth?
I don't understand obamanomics.
now I might see some possible reason to locate them a bit further west like maybe around El Paso or Alamagordo New Mexico as the weather there makes maintenance costs less, but Montana?

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#13 Mar 9, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you Sir! NJ will never suck a Federal tit as long as it has a Republican Governor. And you Queens that commute across the river and call yourselves true Jerseyshites should be barred from using the bridge. You are a silver/finger up Obamas rectum with all this "wack-a-doo-doo" talk. Compose yourself person. Jizz!
HA HA! You are all turned around.

It is you on the nipple, not NJ... and the commute traffic is also 180* from your misperception.

The governor of NJ has nothing to do with it. It is the "welfare mindset" of Southern and Western federal legislators.
The "bacon" they bring home is actually welfare.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#14 Mar 9, 2012
UR BS wrote:
Lets see if I got this right. In Mr. Bill's world it makes more sense to relocate aircraft away from where they are most likely to be used. Then I guess I missed something because they are Texas Air Guard? So why would Texas Air Guard Planes move out of Texas?
I'm confsed.
So somehow it is cheaper and more efficient to provide air support in the case of a huricane from Montana than it is from Fort Worth?
I don't understand obamanomics.
now I might see some possible reason to locate them a bit further west like maybe around El Paso or Alamagordo New Mexico as the weather there makes maintenance costs less, but Montana?
Yes, you do deliberately misunderstand.
No, US military airplanes are for US military use.
This is only another example of Southern welfare.

If these airplanes were based in CT or NJ, they would still be available for diaster relief. After all, the defining characteristic of an airplane is that it flies from here to there.
And, by definition, relief goods for a disaster area are not on site, and have to be flown in.

The Gulf governors' arguments make no sense, except as a plea for FEDERAL WELFARE.

In fact, if you put on your thinking cap, you will realize that they are safer being based away from hurriccane states.

And to put them in west Texas is silly, because THERE IS NOTHING THERE BUT WIND.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#15 Mar 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do deliberately misunderstand.
No, US military airplanes are for US military use.
This is only another example of Southern welfare.
If these airplanes were based in CT or NJ, they would still be available for diaster relief. After all, the defining characteristic of an airplane is that it flies from here to there.
And, by definition, relief goods for a disaster area are not on site, and have to be flown in.
The Gulf governors' arguments make no sense, except as a plea for FEDERAL WELFARE.
In fact, if you put on your thinking cap, you will realize that they are safer being based away from hurriccane states.
And to put them in west Texas is silly, because THERE IS NOTHING THERE BUT WIND.
No I understood your initial rant very clearly.
US Military planes are for US Military use that is right and guess what the Texas Air Guard is a part of the US Military. If they were not then what the hell were they doing dropping bombs on Iraq and Afghanistan?
Now please pay attention as this may be difficult for you to grasp. Fort Worth is not on the Gulf! It is inland. It is closer top the gulf so relief can get there much faster than from Montana but it is not on site. Look at a map some time.
Now lets see move them away from a slight huricane chance that far inland to a tornado area. Yep that's good thinking. Airplanes do fly from one place to another but her's a news flash for ya there genius, if it is closer it takes less time to get from point a to point b. As to west Texas there is already Holoman Air Force Base, Fort Bliss and Biggs. The F117 is based in Holloman and is there because of lower maintenance costs because of the dry weather. This comes into play on all the aircraft there. So yep there is wind but there is also very little humidity so very little rust. That all contributes to lower upkeep for the aircraft.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#16 Mar 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA! You are all turned around.
It is you on the nipple, not NJ... and the commute traffic is also 180* from your misperception.
The governor of NJ has nothing to do with it. It is the "welfare mindset" of Southern and Western federal legislators.
The "bacon" they bring home is actually welfare.
I may be on a nipple, but it ain't the one you got lodged in your nose. I can't believe you even responded to that bridge comment-you really must be a celler-dweller, about 52 years old, with long matted, filthy hair, thick glasses, sitting in a Goodwill office chair in your doo-doo stained shorts while your 105 year old mother tries to find her social security check, and a troll point grabber. I choose to overlook the fact you are a segregationist, regional, bigot, and you're just full of socialist feces because it's fun getting to your through the other nostril. Wake up and smell you lower lip.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#17 Mar 9, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
No I understood your initial rant very clearly.
US Military planes are for US Military use that is right and guess what the Texas Air Guard is a part of the US Military. If they were not then what the hell were they doing dropping bombs on Iraq and Afghanistan?
Now please pay attention as this may be difficult for you to grasp. Fort Worth is not on the Gulf! It is inland. It is closer top the gulf so relief can get there much faster than from Montana but it is not on site. Look at a map some time.
Now lets see move them away from a slight huricane chance that far inland to a tornado area. Yep that's good thinking. Airplanes do fly from one place to another but her's a news flash for ya there genius, if it is closer it takes less time to get from point a to point b. As to west Texas there is already Holoman Air Force Base, Fort Bliss and Biggs. The F117 is based in Holloman and is there because of lower maintenance costs because of the dry weather. This comes into play on all the aircraft there. So yep there is wind but there is also very little humidity so very little rust. That all contributes to lower upkeep for the aircraft.
Your excuses to keep your welfare flowing remind me of the girl in Michigan who won a million dollars in the lottery, but kept cashing her food stamps.
You are so dependant on federal welfare, you think you are entitled.

Since: Feb 12

Waltham, MA

#18 Mar 9, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your excuses to keep your welfare flowing remind me of the girl in Michigan who won a million dollars in the lottery, but kept cashing her food stamps.
You are so dependant on federal welfare, you think you are entitled.
You have no argument so you revert to personal attacks.

Sorry I have never been on government assistance of any kind but I have paid lots of taxes for you and those like you.

Now when a huricane hits jersey and you are under water we will be sure to remind your butt about the relief planes being in Montana, but don't worry I mean after all planes fly from place to place so just keep that in mind and continue to tread water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Air Force Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Released from Cuba, Alan Gross says freedom is ... 6 hr Hooogle It 2
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 8 hr Toby Scald 6
Gay Air Force lieutenant faces sexual assault c... Tue Mitt s Dog Crate ... 74
Russia denies another near collision in Baltics Tue Cassandra_ 5
Russia probing Nato air and sea defences, says ... Dec 12 NAZI RUSSIA 4
Langley's George Miller to be Inducted to Canad... Dec 12 Avro Arrow 1
Syria says Israel carried out airstrikes around... Dec 11 Ratloder fluffs b... 2
More from around the web