What Is Your Stance on Gay Marriage?

Full story: Patch.com 1,176
In May, President Obama became the first sitting president to back gay marriage . Full Story
First Prev
of 59
Next Last
Ohio Wrangler

Mogadore, OH

#1 Jul 31, 2012
While I give people the right to be gay, I do not approve of their marriages.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Ohio Wrangler wrote:
While I give people the right to be gay, I do not approve of their marriages.
Why should your approval be needed?
Marriage is a right.
It's unAmerican to be against equal rights.
Hans

Germany

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should your approval be needed?
Marriage is a right.
It's unAmerican to be against equal rights.
I agree, marriage between a man and woman is a right.
Hans

Germany

#4 Jul 31, 2012
Ohio Wrangler wrote:
While I give people the right to be gay, I do not approve of their marriages.
There is no such thing as gay marriage. If two sexual deviants want to shack up and call it marriage then fine! But as far as real marriage - no way!
Jerry Sandusky

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should your approval be needed?
Marriage is a right.
It's unAmerican to be against equal rights.
Excellent post. Thanks so much for sharing.
Capricorn

El Segundo, CA

#6 Jul 31, 2012
An examination of the Gay/Lesbian Forum shows public opinion definately against same-sex marriage.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 31, 2012
An examination of the Gay/Lesbian forum would result in most of the unregistered postings being from compulsive/obsessed trolls, who use numerous usernames.
Jerry Sandusky

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Ohio Wrangler wrote:
While I give people the right to be gay, I do not approve of their marriages.
Where in the Constitution does it say queers have the "right" to engage in their filthy and abnormal perversions and their dirty homosexual/pedophile deviancy? Perhaps in the 4th Amendment. If queers just wanted to be left alone, as they've lied for years, in the privacy of their own private property, I grudgingly tolerate that viewpoint. But now the government at every level from local school district on up to the presidency is promoting faggotry and deviance to OUR KIDS, 24/7/365, on OUR dime!
Jack

Connersville, IN

#9 Jul 31, 2012
Jerry Sandusky wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the Constitution does it say queers have the "right" to engage in their filthy and abnormal perversions and their dirty homosexual/pedophile deviancy? Perhaps in the 4th Amendment. If queers just wanted to be left alone, as they've lied for years, in the privacy of their own private property, I grudgingly tolerate that viewpoint. But now the government at every level from local school district on up to the presidency is promoting faggotry and deviance to OUR KIDS, 24/7/365, on OUR dime!
I have to agree, I have had enough of the gay pedophiles, let them stay in the closet, or move to a muslim country, they all support the muslims, maybe they would all get along good together.
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jul 31, 2012
They don't stay together very long! This country is sooo against it, but the libs and progressives gotta try to destroy this country any way they can! Muslims don't want them, they'll stone them to death!
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 31, 2012
The gay pretense of marriage is shitty.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#12 Aug 1, 2012
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, marriage between a man and woman is a right.
So, you are against equal rights. Got it.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#13 Aug 1, 2012
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay marriage. If two sexual deviants want to shack up and call it marriage then fine! But as far as real marriage - no way!
Because you say so? Do you have a big ego to try to make up for certain "short comings"?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
An examination of the Gay/Lesbian Forum shows public opinion definately against same-sex marriage.
"You'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#15 Aug 1, 2012
Jerry Sandusky wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the Constitution does it say queers have the "right" to engage in their filthy and abnormal perversions and their dirty homosexual/pedophile deviancy? Perhaps in the 4th Amendment. If queers just wanted to be left alone, as they've lied for years, in the privacy of their own private property, I grudgingly tolerate that viewpoint. But now the government at every level from local school district on up to the presidency is promoting faggotry and deviance to OUR KIDS, 24/7/365, on OUR dime!
Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your own same sex attractions. And why do you homophobes say "OUR dime" as if gay people don't pay taxes?

There is no good argument against gay marriage. A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#16 Aug 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no good argument against gay marriage.
as long as you ignore the reality that it cannot provide both a mom and dad...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#17 Aug 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
You do, in 6 states. Now go marry your dream woman.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your own same sex attractions. And why do you homophobes say "OUR dime" as if gay people don't pay taxes?
There is no good argument against gay marriage. A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
She does. Just as the man has a right to marry a woman; The woman has the same right to marry a man.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#19 Aug 1, 2012
"Marriage" as defined thru countless cultures and generations is a union of men and women. This social contract pledged varying conditions on each party but the primary concern was to insure the welfare and legitimacy of any progeny between the participants of the union. These unions originally were sanctioned by religious orders. As governments realized that revenue could be generated by requiring licenses to wed the religious overtones declined,until the church service became a formality observed to provide some sanctity to what had become a commercialized gov't institution.
Never the less,Marriage as an institution of contractural obligations still remains throughout society as one of man and woman. The assault by the GLBT on traditional marriage is seen as further efforts by them to force acceptance of their abnormal attractions on society as a whole.

While there has been a more tolerant attitude towards the GLBT community over the past few decades they risk a backlash with this premeditated destruction of society's most important construct.

This can be resolved with the understanding by both sides that same sex unions (civil unions) can be made legal and accepted in a court of law as binding. Performed by a State appointed JOP they would have all rights/privileges concerning inheritance,property,custody/v isitation(if any are warranted) and benefits. There are Civil Unions performed across the country every year by Judges/JOPs for opposite sex couples. These should be extended to same sex couples without the title of "marriage" appended.

For the GLBT community to demand otherwise will confirm this isn't about "equal rights" but the continued assault on traditional societal norms. And this shouldn't be tolerated.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#20 Aug 1, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as you ignore the reality that it cannot provide both a mom and dad...
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

No matter how you feel about gay couples raising children, gay marriage is a totally separate issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-o... 8 min Cassandra_ 41
'She touched so many lives' 2 hr GoPerry 1
Albania and NATO enhance military co-operation 2 hr uka 4
Dec. 16: Georgians fight at Ardennes 11 hr Will Dockery 1
Guantanamo not a part of the U.S.-Cuban bargain 17 hr Doc Caliban 2
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 18 hr Steven Marks 8
Sealaska lands legislation could move with defe... 20 hr Jaimie 2
More from around the web