Research proposes common link between autism, diabetes

Oct 19, 2011 Full story: EurekAlert! 6

A review of the genetic and biochemical abnormalities associated with autism reveals a possible link between the widely diagnosed neurological disorder and Type 2 diabetes, another medical disorder on the rise in recent decades.

Full Story
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Oct 19, 2011
Doctors don't give a rat's butt whats happening to these kids. Looking to them for help or leadership is a joke.
teddy

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 24, 2011
Having a link between the two conditions would probably shed more light on the ongoing research for its treatment. Though there is still no definitive cure for both, it would still be a huge improvement on the current studies being conducted today.

http://www.rotlaw.com/actos/
Better Judgement

Great Neck, NY

#3 Nov 24, 2011
Now you are condemning doctors in a blanket statement, FBomber? You have gone over the edge.
I'll bet that you totally blame your pediatrician or internist for your son's autistic condition. You are headed down the wrong road, believe me.
winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Nov 24, 2011
Better Judgement wrote:
Now you are condemning doctors in a blanket statement, FBomber? You have gone over the edge.
I'll bet that you totally blame your pediatrician or internist for your son's autistic condition. You are headed down the wrong road, believe me.
Too bad you can't live up to your name "Better Judgement". The medical profession has much to be ashamed about, and they con, lie and coverup because of $$$$. It is supposed to be a profession whose creed is "first do no harm". Tell that to the 55,000 vioxx dead and the untold injured. Defending these Pharma cronies is despicable. They are a form of criminal that seems to be untouchable by the law of the land.
Better Judgement

Great Neck, NY

#6 Nov 26, 2011
I don't think that condemning the medical profession in general is productive, FBomber. By that, you put doubts in the minds of parents, who will then hesitate when receiving advice from their doctors and pediatricians.

If that includes vaccine shots, then so be it. As lay people, we can't second-guess the medical profession. The anti-vaccine scare that caused an epidemic of measles in Europe was a terrible result for parents who were steered away from injections.

I'm afraid that your inflated ego is such that you would like to be the one who stops Americans from seeking vaccines, even if it means an epidemic of some disease. That's a sick goal to harbor.
1 in 91 USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Nov 26, 2011
Better Judgement wrote:
I don't think that condemning the medical profession in general is productive, FBomber. By that, you put doubts in the minds of parents, who will then hesitate when receiving advice from their doctors and pediatricians.
If that includes vaccine shots, then so be it. As lay people, we can't second-guess the medical profession. The anti-vaccine scare that caused an epidemic of measles in Europe was a terrible result for parents who were steered away from injections.
I'm afraid that your inflated ego is such that you would like to be the one who stops Americans from seeking vaccines, even if it means an epidemic of some disease. That's a sick goal to harbor.
When you assume or predict what another person thinks or is attempting to do, you tend to be %100 wrong. And so you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 things to know about epilepsy 1 hr DeeDee86 2
Billboard in Virginia Brazenly Proclaims 'Nobod... 2 hr blasterboy1984 58
Preeclampsia During Mother's Pregnancy Associat... 3 hr Parasite epidemic 3
'Just Let People Have Their Beliefs': Blaze Rea... 3 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 23
Support for those with rare cancer lets them kn... Dec 14 kids catching on too 1
Brain inflammation a hallmark of autism, large-... Dec 14 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 5
Theory proposes depression caused by infection Dec 11 Kal 1
More from around the web