Icanrelate

South Bend, IN

#343 Jun 11, 2012
I have the same problem with oranges and other fruits - especially pineapple. I trace my problem to over a year ago. On vacation I loved pina coladas. Came home and made pineapple smoothies. Didn't put it all together until I had pineapple lately and had a flare. I have flares from gluten and sugars -
Even icecream has become a trigger and citrus fruits are the worst. I do think it is systemic yeast but the prescription I took wasn't enough. I am on Threelac now but it still hasn't made it possible for me to eat normally. I am looking at it as God wants me to eat healthy since I am a sugar addict and this forces me to do so. I get better and then give into the sugar urge. I am committed to three weeks of no sweets or treats - I eat eggs, meats, veggies, and plain yogurt - and if all is well I will make that a lifetime habit. I hope I can add apples, grapes , and strawberries later though.
Regarding a gluten blood test I don't think so. It's pretty easy to tell by going GF for two or three weeks then reintroduce. If you are intolerant you will see some symptoms return - at least most people do. Best to all in your quest to resolve this troubling issue!
Sharona

San Francisco, CA

#344 Jun 22, 2012
The pain is absolutely horrible! I am so glad this forum is up. I fear going to the bathroom and releasing my stools for the pain is unbearable. I have 3 deep cuts around my anus, which are anal fissures. I also developed a rash around my anal area because I thought I had a hemorrhoid and started to use Walgreens itching cream and Tucks Healing Pads. I think those might have caused the rash. I just got prescribed several different types of medicines yesterday, so I am still not sure which will work yet. The maximum strength cortizone ointment seems to help relieve the itching and my doctor also suggested rubbing Valvoline on the anal fissures to protect and heal it. Taking a Sitz bath after pooping also really helps the burning and the pain. I am still not 100% yet, but hopefully the medicine will kick in.
found my cure

South Bend, IN

#345 Jun 22, 2012
Sharona wrote:
The pain is absolutely horrible! I am so glad this forum is up. I fear going to the bathroom and releasing my stools for the pain is unbearable. I have 3 deep cuts around my anus, which are anal fissures. I also developed a rash around my anal area because I thought I had a hemorrhoid and started to use Walgreens itching cream and Tucks Healing Pads. I think those might have caused the rash. I just got prescribed several different types of medicines yesterday, so I am still not sure which will work yet. The maximum strength cortizone ointment seems to help relieve the itching and my doctor also suggested rubbing Valvoline on the anal fissures to protect and heal it. Taking a Sitz bath after pooping also really helps the burning and the pain. I am still not 100% yet, but hopefully the medicine will kick in.
Sharona,
First of all I hope you meant Vasoline (I think Valvoline is something for a car engine!). Try all the meds prescribed, but it is my guess that you have a situation like mine. I had the anal fissures and rash (which was not caused by medicine) and the pain you described. My symptoms are totally diet related. And yes, it can occur from things you may have previously been eating all of your life. I am now almost cleared up, without any creams or ointments,(I do take a probiotic)- but if I eat any citrus fruits or items with gluten, or too much sugar, my symptoms return - I had a rash back yesterday after eating too much sugar the day before (27 grams in a "boost" protein drink, 12 in a yogurt, and some ice-cream). Good news is I'm now up to a weight loss of 10 pounds - that pain and irritation is a strong motivator not too eat too much sugar (I also cut out gluten) and it is amazing how weight comes off so easily once you cut it back drastically. Keep us posted on how the meds work and also see if your symptoms worsen or improve based on your diet.

Since: Mar 12

San Diego, CA

#346 Jun 22, 2012
I found my cure and the problem is gone! So happy to be itch-free and able to sleep through the night! So Lotramin helped a bit but didn't solve it. I went back to my dermatologist and they prescribed two things:
Ketoconazole cream 2%
Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream .1%

I out both on at the same time, mixed together, twice a day, and within 5 days it was all gone and the itchiness was stopped. This after over a year of itchiness and redness. It's neen gone now for over 4 weeks. I cant guarantee this will solve it for you, but it will solve it for some of you, and it was worth the $32 in drug copayments!!

I really dont know what these drugs are designed to treat, I remember the doctors saying something about Candida, but this combo did the trick perfectly! PHEWWW!!!
Heiko

Cape Town, South Africa

#347 Jul 2, 2012
Before you try any of them toxic creams or go on some torturous diet - make sure your underwear/overwear is made of a breathable fabric - I recommend 100% cotton - also for your bed and sports clothes. Some fabrics, especially synthetic ones don't allow breathing, causing the skin underneath to be constantly wet which can lead to this rash.
Jane

Liverpool, UK

#348 Jul 2, 2012
Make sure you wash your clothing, especially underwear in a fragrance free, non bio laundry powder.We use http://www.skinsalveation.com/shop/ss/laundry... as part of our personal hygiene regime it works a treat.
victor

Waycross, GA

#349 Jul 19, 2012
I had this problem appear on a Monday after work. I had a Dr. appointment the following Fri. and told the Dr. about a different I had & he prescribed me Amoxicillan 500mg capsules. Both problems are gone (it's been 6 days so far) for now. I will give an update in a month or so to let everyone knoe if it is still going ok.
jennifer phillips

Richmond, KY

#350 Jul 27, 2012
if i had a penis for every time ive heard this story..
HealthyGuru Ryan Pierce

Tucson, AZ

#351 Jul 29, 2012
Hey, a strong recommendation would be
1.) for Any Fungal infections (yeast infections, athlete's foot) to to invest in Yogurts or Probiotic and Enzyme pills (particularly chelated pills) I would even suggest putting the yogurt directly onto you 'ass-crack'
2.) for any bacterial infections, I would suggest eating Anti-Bacterial rich foods and drinks,(such as Vitamin-A, All the Vitamin-Bs, Vitamin-C, and Vitamin-D all have anti-bacterial properties...
My point is, what you take into your body to support your immune system will also flush out all the crap that is causing your rashes and other problems... so trust me... keeping a consistent nutritional diet before infections is 1000s of times more effective then just putting topical bullshit on after infections...
You gotta understand the financial monopolythe Government has on the medical sciences... spend all your money on products after you get sick... and supply nothing to prevent you to get sick...
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND all of you can research everything on your own, this on your own.
It doesn't make any sense to me, if all your doing is putting something on after you get sick... why don't you explore how to prevent yourself from getting sick... and another FYI Doctors want you sick... so they can get paid...
Sal

Whippany, NJ

#352 Aug 3, 2012
Thick Vasiline works good, you can try some other types of heavy thick grease or lube also. Rub that stuff in real good and do it like 4 times a day for best results. Use a lot of the stuff. As an added bonus it feels great!
o boy

Spokane, WA

#354 Aug 22, 2012
i think this iching burning is caused from the food we eat. this comeing from the gmo junk that is in all stores stop eating it and it may go away.you can blame all this on monsanto and fda i hope this works for you ps soy is a bad one.you will have to look up what foods are gmo also read lables in store
juicy

United States

#355 Sep 9, 2012
What about monistat?
Found my cure

United States

#356 Sep 10, 2012
juicy wrote:
What about monistat?
monistat is for vaginal yeast infections, I think. My yeast problem was systemic - throughout my body. Once I got that under control all my bad symptoms left. I still have to watch certain fruits which cause my symptoms to start to return. Once you get well you can introduce foods back into your diet and see how they affect you. I have been clear for about 6 months now and have had only a few slight flares. I remain careful not to overdo it with suspect foods. Before changing my diet I had done all the creams etc. none of that worked for me
Red

United States

#357 Sep 17, 2012
I have had this problem for over a year and tried wiping better, but as I have a lot of hair, it becomes impossible to clean without using a washcloth. I then use a cream called A& D for diaper rash and find relief for s dsy or two. Iay be experiencing a reaction to one of my medications. I take synthroid, warfarin, lamotrigrine.And a vitamin supplement,
This is embarrassing if I am defecating in a public restroom as residual poop stains my underwear and causes a noticeable odor. Will I have to use this cream forever?
IT IS A YEAST INFECTION

Rego Park, NY

#358 Sep 21, 2012
Just stop eating any sugar at all and you will control it. You can probably trace it back to megaload of antibiotics you may have taken for either sickness or acne. For some people, the detroys almost all the intestinal flora and it becomes overgrown with yeast. The yeast needs sugar to grow and create the itch. As long as you NEVER eat any sweets, no fruit, no candy, etc. NOTHING with any kind of sugar, including juice! Even artificial sweeteners feed it. Stevia is ok. Try KAL brand. You will find that it is a blessing you caught this disorder because you sugar (from any source) is VERY poisonous to the body. By avoiding it altogther, you will put YEARS on your lifespan and you will NEVER be fat. Eat ANYTHING else and as much as you want. Good Luck.

Contact logan2024@yahoo.com for more info.
gww

Harrow, UK

#359 Sep 28, 2012
same problem...stopped using steroid crema due to skin thinning. I use bepanthan in the morning and at night, In between those times. normal savlon cream. It works fine . But during sleep the itch drive sme crazy. Has anyone got any other ideas
Found my cure

South Bend, IN

#360 Sep 28, 2012
Some folks get (it's about what you put IN your body - and some folks don't ( and keep putting stuff ON their body). Why? The second one is a lot easier! Who wants to control their eating? Witha 1/3 of Americans being obese obviously a whole bunch of people don't or can't. I finally got fed up enough with the pain and itch to cut out the sugar and take a good probiotic. How badly do you want this literal "pain in the ass" gone!!? If you want it badly enough you will fight through the sugar addiction. My husband is at DQ right now and I told him not to bring it home. Im on day 2 of another sugar detox and I will do it! I've set my mind. Let me know if you're giving it a try. I will cheer you on. I'm so happy my bottom is clear. You can do it too!
Bad Rash

Pittsford, NY

#361 Oct 10, 2012
Are you using wet wipes? If so take a look at this article. They may be the root cause.
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/06/we...
francis

Castle Rock, CO

#362 Oct 13, 2012
For the itching use "Icy hot" cream. Yes it stings but use cold washcloth to stop that.
However I found out that if I stopping eating almonds (I ate a lot of them) rash has vanished.Try illimination diet.
Found my cure

South Bend, IN

#363 Oct 13, 2012
Definitely agree with elimination diet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facial skin getting much darker after using GRA... 1 hr surajkan88 1
Hair loss for women (May '08) 4 hr paigeford 5
Dry Cracked thumbs - a solution!!! (Dec '06) 10 hr adamkhan 157
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) 13 hr Darret Black 433
Rash on My Torso (Chest, back, neck, trunk) (Feb '07) 18 hr TheyrkillinguS 76
Painfully Irritated Anal Sphincter (Sep '09) Wed Elijafire 10
Bump on nose (Dec '06) Wed Cece 759
Painful tiny bumps on fingers (Jul '11) Wed maria 218
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Tue millie 259
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Mon fuzzybear 1,618
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Dec 7 Nero 334
More from around the web