NYC roll-your-own cigs shop to close after lawsuit

Dec 20, 2011 Full story: The Las Vegas Sun 6

A company that was helping New York smokers avoid high taxes by having them roll their own cigarettes on machines in the store has agreed to shut down after being sued by the city.

Full Story
Keep your butt outside

Naperville, IL

#2 Dec 21, 2011
It should be apparent by now:
Stupid people (smokers) cannot avoid a stupidity (tobacco) tax. I would say tatoo a big "L" for loser on their forehead, but we can already identify them by their yellow fingers
Freedom

Niles, MI

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Keep your butt outside wrote:
It should be apparent by now:
Stupid people (smokers) cannot avoid a stupidity (tobacco) tax. I would say tatoo a big "L" for loser on their forehead, but we can already identify them by their yellow fingers
Gee, that sure does sound familiar....

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...

"The National Socialist Workers Party' anti-tobacco rhetoric drew from an earlier generation's eugenics rhetoric and also reflected an ethic of bodily purity and zeal for work.3 Tobacco use was attacked as an "epidemic," a "plague," as "dry drunkenness," and as "lung masturbation"; tobacco and alcohol abuses were "diseases of civilization" and "relics of a liberal lifestyle."

History knows your kind.
Hugh Jass

Seattle, WA

#4 Dec 22, 2011
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that sure does sound familiar....
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archive...
"The National Socialist Workers Party' anti-tobacco rhetoric drew from an earlier generation's eugenics rhetoric and also reflected an ethic of bodily purity and zeal for work.3 Tobacco use was attacked as an "epidemic," a "plague," as "dry drunkenness," and as "lung masturbation"; tobacco and alcohol abuses were "diseases of civilization" and "relics of a liberal lifestyle."
History knows your kind.
Regardless of who may or may not have agreed, it is difficult to dismiss the idea that an affliction (such as the pathological state known as "nicotine addiction") striking one of four or even one of five adults--after decades spent fighting the disease--qualifies as epidemic, or as an epidemic. "Pandemic" would be a better fit, though.
2012 for women

Casablanca, Morocco

#5 Aug 3, 2012
Hugh Jass Jr

Wichita, KS

#6 Aug 3, 2012
Hugh Jass wrote:
<quoted text>
striking one of four or even one of five adults--after decades spent fighting the disease--qualifies as epidemic, or as an epidemic. "Pandemic" would be a better fit, though.
Disease Huh??

Maybe you should stop to consider - Some people JUST WANT TO SMOKE!- An HATE being told that they NEED TO QUIT!

Just like SOME people JUST NEED TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK - Even though they have been told MANY TIMES that they should REALLY QUIT!
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#8 Aug 8, 2012
Hugh Jass Jr wrote:
Maybe you should stop to consider - Some people JUST WANT TO SMOKE!- An HATE being told that they NEED TO QUIT!
You don't need to quit smoking. You need to quit poisoning others.

Please, smoke more. Smoke as much as possible. The more you smoke, the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Deal creating Ebola response team 2 hr serilvasiusealiern 1
Becoming a Dentist (Jan '13) 2 hr ClintonStewart 29
Ebola commentary desperately needs clarification 2 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 54
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 4 hr cpeter1313 28
New book addresses legal issues for personal in... 5 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
Low Cost Dental Implants In Costa Rica Cut Into... (Dec '12) 6 hr Seth Ashford 21
HPV Vaccine Does Not Cause Multiple Sclerosis 6 hr MERCK MAIMS KILLS 1

Medicine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE