Not hiring smokers is discriminatory, say groups

Full story: Dayton Daily News

Smokers' rights groups and civil liberties advocates say the trend toward not hiring smokers in Ohio is discriminatory and could lead to bans against hiring others at risk of missing work.

Comments (Page 711)

Showing posts 14,201 - 14,220 of14,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

It is no doubt discrimination and should not be tolerated.Good thing the culture is changing and moving away from tobacco smoking. If people want a true clear alternative to smoking tobacco they should try electronic cigarettes. Electronic cigarettes have no smoke or pollution and is a much better way to enjoy nicotine.

For more info visit www.ecigblog.blogspot.com

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

HowzBoutDat wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that people should be allowed to smoke while they are workind instead of being required to take breaks for it. I have yet to see in all my years where anti-smokers have stopped gossiping and whining at work to produce anything.
Smokers spread their smoke to others who may not want to breath it. In all the years that I've been working smokers always get more breaks because they have to keep running out to feed their addiction. Any little thing that upsets a smoker and they're jonesing to get out and puff. It must be rough to not be able to get over the little bumps in daily life without having to suck on something every 10 minutes.
ItsAFact

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokers spread their smoke to others who may not want to breath it. In all the years that I've been working smokers always get more breaks because they have to keep running out to feed their addiction. Any little thing that upsets a smoker and they're jonesing to get out and puff. It must be rough to not be able to get over the little bumps in daily life without having to suck on something every 10 minutes.
You must not have been working very long because people used to smoke at work and didn't have to take breaks to go outside for a smoke (except where smoking was actually dangerous like at a gas pump).

Then along came the whiners (you) complaining about a little smoke in the office.

Then behold along came the indoor smoking bans that the whiners were demanding.

This didn't satisfy anyone because the same whiners who threw hissy fits about a little smoke in the office were the same ones now throwing temper tantrums about smokers taking breaks (a smokescreen to cover up the whiners poor performance). In fact, they were spending much more time ranting about smoke breaks than actually performing any valuable service (work) which wasn't at all surprising to management (me). So my advice to you is to move out of your glass house before throwing stones.
Capt Z

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama's death panel to deny smokers Obamacare. That would be a big cost saver.

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text>You must not have been working very long because people used to smoke at work and didn't have to take breaks to go outside for a smoke (except where smoking was actually dangerous like at a gas pump).
Then along came the whiners (you) complaining about a little smoke in the office.
Then behold along came the indoor smoking bans that the whiners were demanding.
This didn't satisfy anyone because the same whiners who threw hissy fits about a little smoke in the office were the same ones now throwing temper tantrums about smokers taking breaks (a smokescreen to cover up the whiners poor performance). In fact, they were spending much more time ranting about smoke breaks than actually performing any valuable service (work) which wasn't at all surprising to management (me). So my advice to you is to move out of your glass house before throwing stones.
It seems you're a little on the delusional side. Even now I work with people who constantly step out to smoke while the non-smokers continue working. Nobody complained about having to breathe in filthy smoke all day to cover poor performance. The poor performers are the ones who need to take constant smoke breaks and when they come back they spend all their time wringing their hands over when they'll be able to get to the next smoke break.

If you want to talk about whiners then look at smokers. Such weaklings that every little thing has them whining "I need a smoke". How pathetic.
F smokers

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

F*ck smokers! I wouldn't hire them and I'd tell them to their faces it's because they smoke.. and if they had a problem with that I'd tell 'em where to go.

Smokers = stupid, lazy/time-wasters, unhealthy and pathetic followers.

And I CANNOT STAND this mentality everyone has of letting smokers light up during work hours whenever they want, while others work! WTF is that?! "Oh yeh, I'm going for smoko".. and if the non-smoker decides to take 5 mins off with the smoker, he/she gets told to go back to work.
F smokers

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you're a little on the delusional side. Even now I work with people who constantly step out to smoke while the non-smokers continue working. Nobody complained about having to breathe in filthy smoke all day to cover poor performance. The poor performers are the ones who need to take constant smoke breaks and when they come back they spend all their time wringing their hands over when they'll be able to get to the next smoke break.
If you want to talk about whiners then look at smokers. Such weaklings that every little thing has them whining "I need a smoke". How pathetic.
F-ing EXACTLY.
F smokers

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Save People From Smokers wrote:
There are some real braindead smokers on here. HowzboutDUH and itsAfag being the two biggest losers. Are there not ANY intelligent smokers out there?
There is no such thing as an "intelligent smoker". "Pathetic follower", yes.

Just think about when most start smoking. When they are KIDS. When have you ever heard of an intelligent man taking up smoking at the age of 40? NEVER.
Social Worker

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Marv wrote:
<quoted text>
So.........you're saying that all people concerned with this topic are Republican Congressmen????
Yep!

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

F smokers wrote:
<quoted text>
F-ing EXACTLY.
Yes.
ItsAFact

Walkersville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Nobody of any consequewnse on this forum is the least bit interested in your sexual desires.
ItsAFact

Walkersville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

F smokers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an "intelligent smoker". "Pathetic follower", yes.
Just think about when most start smoking. When they are KIDS. When have you ever heard of an intelligent man taking up smoking at the age of 40? NEVER.
Your pathestic lack of even a lower form of intelligence is unremarkably boring.
Social Worker

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text>Your pathestic lack of even a lower form of intelligence is unremarkably boring.
Maybe you'll keel over with lung cancer?
ItsAFact

Walkersville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Social Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll keel over with lung cancer?
Not bloody likely as it doesn't run in my family. Even the life long smokers never had it. So what gawd awful disease are you going to die from? Don't bother to answer because I don't really give a RA.

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody of any consequewnse on this forum is the least bit interested in your sexual desires.
Though I didn't mention anything about "sexual desires". I can see where your mind is.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

ItsAFact wrote:
the same whiners who threw hissy fits.
Only ones throwing hissy fits and whining are the smokers.

You've confused "winning"(what non-smokers have done), with "whining" (what the loser smokers like yourself do all day long).

Still funny to laugh at, though. Please keep crying.
Bush Losers

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

From the Politix part of your Topix page!

http://politix.topix.com/item/2339-florida-ci...

LMAO.

Now suck it
Bush Losers

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I didn't mention anything about "sexual desires". I can see where your mind is.
How the hell is that on topic? We're talking about smoking(not the pole smoking that you are interested in :D)

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Bush Losers wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell is that on topic? We're talking about smoking(not the pole smoking that you are interested in :D)
You seem to be the person who needs to have something in your mouth to suck on.

Poor nervous hand wringing pathetic smokers. Can't get through the slightest little upset without freaking out and braying for a bit of oral fixation.
Post 14811 continued

Smithsburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

...which Maxie will provide.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,201 - 14,220 of14,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••