Appeals court upholds SD abortion suicide advisory

There are 25 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Jul 24, 2012, titled Appeals court upholds SD abortion suicide advisory. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

South Dakota can require doctors to warn women seeking abortions that they face an increased risk of suicide if they go through with the procedure, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#23 Jul 26, 2012
pbfa wrote:
Nope, what is amazing is that this state is determined to force doctors to lie to their patients.
I thought you all always recognized peer review studies as unbiased. Only in this case you don't.

The state, in supporting the law passed seven years ago, disagreed, submitting several studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals to demonstrate a "statistically significant correlation between abortion and suicide." Planned Parenthood relied on another study to argue its belief that certain underlying factors, such as mental health issues, predispose women to have both unwanted pregnancies and suicidal tendencies.

from the article SD

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#25 Jul 27, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you all always recognized peer review studies as unbiased. Only in this case you don't.
The state, in supporting the law passed seven years ago, disagreed, submitting several studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals to demonstrate a "statistically significant correlation between abortion and suicide." Planned Parenthood relied on another study to argue its belief that certain underlying factors, such as mental health issues, predispose women to have both unwanted pregnancies and suicidal tendencies.
from the article SD
If you were honest, you would admit that your concern lies not with "women".

Your concern lies with women should and must produce according to your "personal" religious beliefs.
Ocean56

AOL

#26 Jul 27, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
If you were honest, you would admit that your concern lies not with "women".
Your concern lies with women should and must produce according to your "personal" religious beliefs.
Agreed. However, I've never known religious fanatics to be honest about anything, so I don't expect honesty from any of them.

The catholic church, and all other churches that forbid all forms of contraception to be used, couldn't care less about women or children. As you said, they only care about forcing or guilting women into being mindless baby producers for that particular church. Gotta keep the religion going, after all. Fewer women producing children means less future members in 18 years and also LESS MONEY for the church to run its operations.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#27 Jul 27, 2012
pbfa wrote:
Nope, what is amazing is that this state is determined to force doctors to lie to their patients.
Horse fungi! You just can't accept that a federal appeals court made a decision not on abortion, but on what is their responsibility to their patients if there is a reason to believe an abortion could increase the risk of suicide for that patient as a result of the medical procedure.

I'll brt you don't have a problem with posting the life threatening possibilities with smoking on a cigarette package, or posting the health risk of eating junk food in a pizzaria, or posting the possible health rish associated with swimming in a contaminated river?

Your narrow vision is a result of narrow mindedness. Then again, you may just have your head screwed on, and up, too tight.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#28 Jul 27, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe in slavery, don't own one, but stay the hell out of the lives of normal educated people. Hey, that works.
Snicker, snicker. Well put as apples to apples go. Or, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Or, you just can't have it all your way ShameYaBotty.

Well done 246.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 38 min NorCal Native 314
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 46 min WasteWater 1,378
News Study Shows It's Way Too Easy To Get A Prescrip... (Apr '14) 1 hr Megin 4
News Skin bleaching a growing problem in Jamaica slums (Apr '11) 2 hr vicky 31
News 21 Reasons Hotel Sex Is Better 3 hr Local 2
News The Truth About Chiropractors (Apr '13) 5 hr rolling the dice 38
News Scabies Is Highly Contagious (Mar '06) 5 hr sanfranciscojim1 7,285
Vagus Nerve Disorder Causes Symptoms Treatments (Feb '12) May 19 NeilPMcD 86
More from around the web