Appeals court upholds SD abortion suicide advisory

Jul 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northern Michigan News

South Dakota can require doctors to warn women seeking abortions that they face an increased risk of suicide if they go through with the procedure, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ink

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

pbfa wrote:
Nope, what is amazing is that this state is determined to force doctors to lie to their patients.
I thought you all always recognized peer review studies as unbiased. Only in this case you don't.

The state, in supporting the law passed seven years ago, disagreed, submitting several studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals to demonstrate a "statistically significant correlation between abortion and suicide." Planned Parenthood relied on another study to argue its belief that certain underlying factors, such as mental health issues, predispose women to have both unwanted pregnancies and suicidal tendencies.

from the article SD

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you all always recognized peer review studies as unbiased. Only in this case you don't.
The state, in supporting the law passed seven years ago, disagreed, submitting several studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals to demonstrate a "statistically significant correlation between abortion and suicide." Planned Parenthood relied on another study to argue its belief that certain underlying factors, such as mental health issues, predispose women to have both unwanted pregnancies and suicidal tendencies.
from the article SD
If you were honest, you would admit that your concern lies not with "women".

Your concern lies with women should and must produce according to your "personal" religious beliefs.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
If you were honest, you would admit that your concern lies not with "women".
Your concern lies with women should and must produce according to your "personal" religious beliefs.
Agreed. However, I've never known religious fanatics to be honest about anything, so I don't expect honesty from any of them.

The catholic church, and all other churches that forbid all forms of contraception to be used, couldn't care less about women or children. As you said, they only care about forcing or guilting women into being mindless baby producers for that particular church. Gotta keep the religion going, after all. Fewer women producing children means less future members in 18 years and also LESS MONEY for the church to run its operations.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

pbfa wrote:
Nope, what is amazing is that this state is determined to force doctors to lie to their patients.
Horse fungi! You just can't accept that a federal appeals court made a decision not on abortion, but on what is their responsibility to their patients if there is a reason to believe an abortion could increase the risk of suicide for that patient as a result of the medical procedure.

I'll brt you don't have a problem with posting the life threatening possibilities with smoking on a cigarette package, or posting the health risk of eating junk food in a pizzaria, or posting the possible health rish associated with swimming in a contaminated river?

Your narrow vision is a result of narrow mindedness. Then again, you may just have your head screwed on, and up, too tight.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe in slavery, don't own one, but stay the hell out of the lives of normal educated people. Hey, that works.
Snicker, snicker. Well put as apples to apples go. Or, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Or, you just can't have it all your way ShameYaBotty.

Well done 246.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••