Lawsuit: Obama visit caused $676K in airport damage

Sep 27, 2011 Full story: Business Journal

A presidential helicopter from the Marine Helicopter Squadron One. President Barack Obama was aboard a helicopter from the Marine One fleet during a 2010 visit to Marlborough that caused nearly $700,000 in damage to the airfield's runway, a new lawsuit against the Secret Service alleges.

Full Story
Paul Bishop

Marlborough, MA

#1 Sep 28, 2011
I was the photographer that got the photos of the president on the ground in Marlborough that were carried by the news and were put in Marlborough's time capsule last year. It's unfortunate that a lawsuit is needed- that runway was designed for lightweight single engine planes, not armored ground vehicles and military choppers.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 28, 2011
Well take off your bedroom slippers and start marching, that'll pack down the runway...It's an obamanation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marlborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Debate: Health Care - Northborough, MA Sep 9 Spc Brian Arsenault 1
Rotarians host another spirited food and brewfe... Aug 23 Jerry 2
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Former teacher blasts AMSA charter school (Oct '07) Aug '14 David Seaman 6
Northborough - New Mexican Restaurant on Rt.9 (... Aug '14 Ron 1
Editorial: Lawmakers still at it Aug '14 reality is a crutch 1
•••

Marlborough News Video

•••
•••

Marlborough Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marlborough People Search