City opens its 8 gates to the world

Full story: The Morning Call

Founded in 1070, Marrakech, Morocco radiates splendour and mysticism. Here a couple dines in a courtyard at Riad Al Moussika.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Audrey

Florence, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

My husband and I just returned from another trip to Marrakesh . Incredible city with a special attraction! Following the suggestion of Susan Spano, we stayed this time at Riyad Al Moussika.( www.riyad-al-moussika.com ), and our sojourn there, was fantastic. There are riads with cheaper fares, but if you consider that lunches are included, it is not. In addition to that its location is very closed to the square Jemaa El Fna, the main square of the Medina, but you can reach it as well by taxi. Our room had a loggia and a private terrace on the roof both overlooking the swimming pool which is so well conceived that looks like an old Andalusia basin as in the Medersa Ben Youssef. Remarkable job as it is the rest of the Riad that has been restored with a strict respect of the Moorish architecture without any concession to the present widespread Disneyland-like way of restoration I saw in the others riads where we stayed in our previous visits to the red city: A mix and match of pseudo oriental styles, more a movie set, than real places. At Riad Al Moussika it’s possible to feel the presence of the past and the authenticity of the place embrace pleasantly its guests: A timeless spot with a genius loci!. All of the staff speak good English, thing not very common in Morocco , and they were all exceptional, but Badreddine deserves a special mention. He was unbeatably helpful and all the times with a smile. The exceptional quality of the breakfast and lunches is certainly the best we had in Marrakech so far, although the fact that those are included in the rates like all non alcoholic beverages, refreshments and the delicious Moroccan patisserie served at the tea-times. If you want to have more sybarite pleasures, spoil yourself in the hammam : Unforgettable relaxing experience. In conclusion, Riyad Al Moussika is a spectacular place where we will stay in our future visits to Marrakech, and worth every cents,(I mean dirham)!

- Audrey
Audrey

Florence, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

My husband and I just returned from Marrakesh . Incredible city with a special attraction! Following the suggestion Of Susan Spano of The Los Angeles Times, we stayed this time at Riyad Al Moussika,( www.riyad-al-moussika.com ), and our sojourn there, was fantastic. Our room had a loggia and a private terrace on the roof both overlooking the swimming pool which is so well conceived that looks like an old Andalusia basin as in the Medersa Ben Youssef. Remarkable job as it is the rest of the Riad that has been restored with a strict respect of the Moorish architecture without any concession to the present widespread Disneyland-like way of restoration I saw in the others riads where we stayed in our previous visits to the red city: A mix and match of pseudo oriental styles, more a movie set, than real places. At Riyad Al Moussika it’s possible to feel the presence of the past and the authenticity of the place embrace pleasantly its guests: A timeless spot with a genius loci!. All of the staff speak good English, thing not very common in Morocco , and they were all exceptional, but Badreddine deserves a special mention. He was unbeatably helpful and all the times with a smile. The exceptional quality of the breakfast and lunches is certainly the best we had in Marrakech so far, although the fact that those are included in the rates like all non alcoholic beverages, refreshments and the delicious Moroccan patisserie served at the tea-times. If you want to have more sybarite pleasures, spoil yourself in the hammam : Unforgettable relaxing experience. In conclusion, Riyad Al Moussika is a spectacular place where we will stay in our future visits to Marrakech, and worth every cents,(I mean dirham)!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

By MARK NIESSE AND AUDREY MCAVOY

ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITERS

Monday convicted a former B-2 stealth bomber engineer of selling military secrets to China.

Noshir Gowadia was convicted on 14 counts, including conspiracy, violating the arms export control act and money laundering. He was found not guilty on three counts of communicating national... http://www.lafsar.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••