Man bites dog, eats dog while high on 'spice'

Jun 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

A Texas man faces a felony charge after he allegedly bit, killed and ate a housemate's pet dog while high on the synthetic drug "spice." The alleged attack is the latest in the series of violent and bizarre incidents linked to spice, which mimics the effects of marijuana, and bath salts, which mimics cocaine.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#1 Jun 27, 2012
Absolutely sickening story.The terror that poor dog went through before dying.We are literally going crazy as a society where we choose to be drugged by sripts or illegal drugs.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Louisville, KY

#2 Jun 28, 2012
I hear you Sandy I feel sorry for the dog.it seems these people would try to get high on anything.I'm sure if they thought a dog turd would get them high, that's what they would be doing

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 28, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
Absolutely sickening story.The terror that poor dog went through before dying.We are literally going crazy as a society where we choose to be drugged by sripts or illegal drugs.
The answer is a very clear Yes.
this is similar to the man that chewed the face off the homeless person.
Did you know that topix has pages and pages of posts devoted to the buying and selling of illegal drugs ?
They don't seem interested in policing it ,or maybe they just don't have the staff to do so.
here is an example
http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin
Scary Person

Naperville, IL

#4 Jun 28, 2012
If the parents would've only used a condom.Seems only mentally deficient people are breeding today?

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#5 Jun 28, 2012
better answers wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is a very clear Yes.
this is similar to the man that chewed the face off the homeless person.
Did you know that topix has pages and pages of posts devoted to the buying and selling of illegal drugs ?
They don't seem interested in policing it ,or maybe they just don't have the staff to do so.
here is an example
http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin
I've seen those pages and they sicken me.Its hard to believe that topix would allow those kind of pages to exist here .Seeing im a pet owner,this story just really got to me.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#6 Jun 28, 2012
kytodd wrote:
I hear you Sandy I feel sorry for the dog.it seems these people would try to get high on anything.I'm sure if they thought a dog turd would get them high, that's what they would be doing
Todd,i take no drugs at all,legal or otherwise.My husband has to since he had a heart attack last year but he just takes what he has to,no more no less.The need to get 'high' i could never underatnd and never will.And all that monster is getting charged with is animal cruelty.
Scarecrow

Shepherdsville, KY

#7 Jun 28, 2012
I am surprised you guys are shocked by this. Asians eat dogs as a delicacy. They even eat aborted human fetuses (dead babies).

Historically dogs and wolves have probably eaten more people than people have eaten dogs. Check out the movie Gray.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#8 Jun 28, 2012
Scarecrow wrote:
I am surprised you guys are shocked by this. Asians eat dogs as a delicacy. They even eat aborted human fetuses (dead babies).
Historically dogs and wolves have probably eaten more people than people have eaten dogs. Check out the movie Gray.
Scarecrow,your offtopic but thats allright.Chinese,vietnamese,an d filipinos,have eaten untold massive amounts of dogs over the last few thousand years.Wolves are given a bad rap by that movie,and thats the reason i didnt watch it.This story and what you posted are 2 completely different scenarios.I really dont want to be reminded that asians eat dog,since i was in Korea and saw things i really didnt want to.Thank you....

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#9 Jun 28, 2012
I forgot to add,that i doubt that wolves have eaten more people than humans have eaten dogs as evidenced by the dog farms currently in existance over in asian countries.
Revelations

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2012
there is no substitute for Marijuana, nothing is the same as that seed bearing plant, its safe, isnt addictive, cures most ailments and its very easy to grow and doesnt contaminate ground water like pharmaseuticals. Its only illegal because it would put drug companies out of business and the good ole government wouldnt get their tax revenue. Period.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Louisville, KY

#11 Jun 28, 2012
Sandy I wasn't implying that you did drugs, it was about all these dumda**** taking the synthetic drugs.I'm a dog person, if anybody did anything to my dog they would have a problem

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#12 Jun 28, 2012
kytodd wrote:
Sandy I wasn't implying that you did drugs, it was about all these dumda**** taking the synthetic drugs.I'm a dog person, if anybody did anything to my dog they would have a problem
Dont worry about it,i know you didnt.I must've worded what i said wrong sorry about that.Why anybody would want to do that is totally beyond me Todd.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#13 Jun 28, 2012
Revelations wrote:
there is no substitute for Marijuana, nothing is the same as that seed bearing plant, its safe, isnt addictive, cures most ailments and its very easy to grow and doesnt contaminate ground water like pharmaseuticals. Its only illegal because it would put drug companies out of business and the good ole government wouldnt get their tax revenue. Period.
Eh.....i dont need get stoned to feel good,i already do.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Louisville, KY

#14 Jun 28, 2012
I like a cold beer sometimes but that's about as far as I go.
Revelations

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Eh.....i dont need get stoned to feel good,i already do.
either Do I, however if you had severe medical problems like stage 4 cancer you would want ''weed'' to help you eat and feel less naseuated
Scarecrow

Shepherdsville, KY

#16 Jun 29, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
I forgot to add,that i doubt that wolves have eaten more people than humans have eaten dogs as evidenced by the dog farms currently in existance over in asian countries.
Yes you are probably right. Up to the 20 century the wolves were ahead. Now the demonic possessed people are eating more k9s. I can't get to excited about dogs when they are eating aborted human babies. I saw an article that Pepsi was using cells from aborted babies in their soft drinks.

I hope my God comes back soon, and sorts this out....
kuntry

Wallins Creek, KY

#17 Jun 29, 2012
Poor dog. This is just sick ughh....
jjz

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 1, 2012
Anyone caught dealing drugs should be put to death. We don,t need those kind of people in our society.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

#19 Jul 1, 2012
jjz wrote:
Anyone caught dealing drugs should be put to death. We don,t need those kind of people in our society.
Unfortunaley,at a lot of places 'bath salts' is considered legal,using different names to sell it under.

“We are Legion”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

The Internet

#20 Jul 6, 2012
I think that America is just using these drugs as an excuse like they always do. Every single time something happens that is shocking or violent police blame it on drugs. The "Miami Zombie" was supposed to be on Bath Salts at the time he ate that dudes face. Toxicology came back and there were no Bath Salts or hard drugs in his system. And personally I don't believe that Spice made a guy eat a dog. I have smoked spice off and on for over a year, I have never attacked anyone, and I have certainly never wanted to eat a dog. People just need to blame this on what it is. These people obviously have some sort of mental disorder. It's not drugs, something is wrong with these people. Legalize Marijuana and the police would not have the problem of people on Bath Salts and Spice. People do these drugs because they are legal. You can't go to jail, or get fired from your job for using Spice or Bath Salts. When Kentucky legalizes Marijuana people will notice a huge decline in the uses of other illegal "hard" type drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Liberals 1,957
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 21 min birdistheword 81,602
Alison Grimes' accepts illegal campaign contrib... 44 min ivote 17
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 2 hr Sandy06 6
Shane Schrembs 2 hr Cass 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 hr honeymylove 7,939
McConnell holds advantage in poll 6 hr Billfannin 1
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••