A primer on 'Cinco de Mayo'

May 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

In this May 5, 2011 file photo, Marylin Castillo dances in honor of the Cinco de Mayo celebration in Los Angeles.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hans

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The most astounding Conquistador in human history was Hernan Cortez.

His mix of murder, Belief, and bloody stalwartness that throttled the throats of the Sanguinary Aztecs is not yet fully digested by the pundits and contemporary Philosophes of the Americas.

The apparent muddled stew of Mexica, the shifting graces of truth, that today impinge even upon America,

Reveal the settled Mercy of God.
anti elitist

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Well, God better have mercy; otherwise, I'm shot to shit.

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Since: Apr 09

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Hans wrote:
The most astounding Conquistador in human history was Hernan Cortez.
His mix of murder, Belief, and bloody stalwartness that throttled the throats of the Sanguinary Aztecs is not yet fully digested by the pundits and contemporary Philosophes of the Americas.
The apparent muddled stew of Mexica, the shifting graces of truth, that today impinge even upon America,
Reveal the settled Mercy of God.
Hans, du bist verrucht! Hernan Cortez had a force of less than 500 men- and please don't tell me about the "shock and awe" of horses, arcabuzes and "Spanish steel". The truth is the Spaniards had HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of willing allies who helped them because the Aztecs were the Nazis of Central America, imposing a totalitarian dictatorship on other aborigines and SACRIFICING AND EATING THEM to the tune of about 200,000 a year. Only German Nazis were more bloodthirsty! The Spaniards married into the Central American aborigenes, creating the largely mestizo race that exists today. The English in North America, by contrast, engaged in a campaign of genocide, from the 1600s until the late 1800s, and even after they had defeated the Native Americans, they placed them in concentration camps where they tried to starve them to death and get the survivors addicted to alcohol. More aborigines have survived in Spanish and Portuguese Latin America than in the USA and Canada, and more Spaniards and Portuguese intermarried aborigines (Native Americans) than the English ever did. Sie scheisser essen!
New Mexican

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Many would wonder why it is so popular in the USA, easy answer, MONEY.

Why they make a big thing of it, they commercialize it for the bucks.

In Mexico it is just another day for the most part.
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 5, 2012
 
To Each Man His Due wrote:
Don't make fun of Cinco de Mayo. It has a lot in common with March 17 (St. Patrick's Day). On St. Patrick's Day, a segment of the population celebrates the SNAKES being driven out of Ireland. On Cinco de Mayo, another segment of the population celebrates the FROGS being driven out of Mexico.
From a member one of the sister Celtic Nations.
Its kinda weird! Even gringos celebrating Cinco de Mayo so that they can drink a lot of tequila and eat tamales. And on St. Patrick's Day everyone becomes Irish to drink a lot of Guiness and Tullymore Dew and eat corned beef and cabbage. I think that on Columbus Day I will drink Chianti and anasette and eat calimari and cannolies.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol thats an entertaining show but doesn't represent the entire mexican race.
"mexican race"? Sorry, no such thing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>"mexican race"? Sorry, no such thing.
oh come on u get everyone with that one. Thats your favorite.
MacdonaldGay

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

just as Jeffrey explained I am alarmed that a mom able to profit $5474 in one month on the computer. have you seen this site http://nutshellurl.com/54oz

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh come on u get everyone with that one. Thats your favorite.
It's reality and the only people who use that reference are racist's.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BarefootJoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hans, du bist verrucht! Hernan Cortez had a force of less than 500 men- and please don't tell me about the "shock and awe" of horses, arcabuzes and "Spanish steel". The truth is the Spaniards had HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of willing allies who helped them because the Aztecs were the Nazis of Central America, imposing a totalitarian dictatorship on other aborigines and SACRIFICING AND EATING THEM to the tune of about 200,000 a year. Only German Nazis were more bloodthirsty! The Spaniards married into the Central American aborigenes, creating the largely mestizo race that exists today. The English in North America, by contrast, engaged in a campaign of genocide, from the 1600s until the late 1800s, and even after they had defeated the Native Americans, they placed them in concentration camps where they tried to starve them to death and get the survivors addicted to alcohol. More aborigines have survived in Spanish and Portuguese Latin America than in the USA and Canada, and more Spaniards and Portuguese intermarried aborigines (Native Americans) than the English ever did. Sie scheisser essen!
Explain Pizarro with just 168 men, 1 cannon and 27 horses, defeating the largest empire in the Americas. He had no help in defeating the Inca forces.
Just curious what your opinion is there.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>It's reality and the only people who use that reference are racist's.
ok so what is it called when someone is discriminating against a nationality?

Since: Oct 08

Beamsville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol thats an entertaining show but doesn't represent the entire mexican race.
You call stealing cars entertaining!!! Now I know what kind of person you are.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>You call stealing cars entertaining!!! Now I know what kind of person you are.
If you knew how to read the english language then you would realize that I said the show was entertaining. learn english or leave redneck

Since: Oct 08

Beamsville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew how to read the english language then you would realize that I said the show was entertaining. learn english or leave redneck
Calling people from others countries 'rednecks' makes no sense. I don't even know 100% what a redneck is. I see you aren't that bright. No wonder you like Mexicans. I hear many of them Mexicans quit school. I guess they like picking apples.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
ok so what is it called when someone is discriminating against a nationality?
Nationalist.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>Calling people from others countries 'rednecks' makes no sense. I don't even know 100% what a redneck is. I see you aren't that bright. No wonder you like Mexicans. I hear many of them Mexicans quit school. I guess they like picking apples.
Redneck was a term used in the strikes of the Kentucky coal mines, all union members wore red kerchiefs around their neck to show solidarity.
Gringo came from the Santa Fe missions because of the direction the wagons were going, "where the grass grows greener" "Grin-go" (pronounced "Greengo") Maintenance on the wagons there consisted of greasing the wheels, hence the term "Greeser".
Race card comes from a cartoon in the London paper Punch in 1863 where it shows Republican Abe playing "the race card" on the Democrat Jefferson Davis.
I love misunderstood words.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

just a guy i knew wrote:
<quoted text>Calling people from others countries 'rednecks' makes no sense. I don't even know 100% what a redneck is. I see you aren't that bright. No wonder you like Mexicans. I hear many of them Mexicans quit school. I guess they like picking apples.
you think the same as a hick and i don't know u so I just assumed u were. Im sure im a lot smarter than some muslim trash like u

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>Nationalist.
but most racist hicks would not understand that word. Thats y i chose racist

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ILuvMexMen25 wrote:
<quoted text>
but most racist hicks would not understand that word. Thats y i chose racist
Interesting, the far left organization National Socialist are considered "racist" too. Now only Mexicans think of themselves as the super (or Cosmic) race. Read the book, Vasconcelos's thought
developed as a reaction against North America and its materialistic values. He felt that Latin Americans must avoid imitating American culture, and that in order to do that successively they would, need a guiding philosophy, one that celebrated their strengths and virtues.In this spirit, he argued that the Latin American mestizo constituted a new race, a "cosmic race," •which combined the virtues of Indians and Europeans. This, Vasconcelos believed, would be the race of the future, La Raza.
Tripe, much like Nazis, huh?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ahhhh yes wrote:
Drinko de mayo, a day of louder than usual boomboxes blasting mariachi at 100db all day and drunken revelers. Just the different ethnic version of st paddys day, an excuse to get drunk. Hopefully the DWI checkpoints will be plentiful.
It's an excuse to get crap faced. Mexican Day of Independence is actually on Sept. 16. Then of course, they get loaded then too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Life Forum right now

Search the Life Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ky. gay marriage ruling looks to precedents 7 min TomInElPaso 575
Celebrate Chanukah in Stoughton (Dec '12) 20 min Kundrot dionkie 159
Moe's Southwest Grill Opens in Rome 22 min telling you 5
Green GOP Group Caught Between 'Rock And A Hard... 35 min Responsibility 3
PM Vows More Support For Vietnam's Fisheries Se... 1 hr y bac ky wave china FLAG 31
Veterans to be saluted at fundraiser on April 30 1 hr Reply2_CIA 11
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr Icychalk 7,217
•••
•••
•••
•••