Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 77)

Showing posts 1,521 - 1,540 of7,817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
cat

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1556
May 31, 2012
 
I would like to say that mixing DE in your food or in water is the best so you will not get hook, eating the powder is how most get hook but add it to water... the best thing for us pica people is self control its easy to go from cornstarch to clay to whatever because we are looking for that feeling we get when we eat this stuff. For me it seem like stress just fall off but it is really putting on stress for my body.. when I was eating cornstarch I put on so much weight that I move to white clay an with that could not go to the bathroom because I didn't a lot of water then I went to DE an on that I lost weight skin look better but I would over eaten on that. I was looking for new stuff to eat to keep the same mindset I had with clay I was not getting better I was just moving around. I pray about this because I feel crazy when I didn't have any of the powder stuff on hand (lol feeling like a crack head), I would drive to the next city just to look for Argo in the box (2 1/2 hr) then I would cry after eating a few spoons throw it away to look for it the next day. I feel that I have let cornstarch most along with clay an DE have control over my life that now its my fight to let them go an like anything that you get hook on food, alcohol, drugs ect it don't want to let you go with out a fight an I just cant lay down an let it kill me..(sorry for a long post) but I got to get it out an maybe I can help someone in what I'm saying or you may see yourself in my story ..God bless
Corn strach eater

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1557
May 31, 2012
 
I totally understand what u mean and yes reading other people stories dose help with my problem I've been trying really hard I've been doing really good but sometimes i just have that feeling that I just want something earthy I thought I would be able to find something that was good for me but healthy I guess not just having to keep praying that god gets me though this.
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1558
May 31, 2012
 
Corn strach eater wrote:
I totally understand what u mean and yes reading other people stories dose help with my problem I've been trying really hard I've been doing really good but sometimes i just have that feeling that I just want something earthy I thought I would be able to find something that was good for me but healthy I guess not just having to keep praying that god gets me though this.
Hi, I totally understand too. I was eating so much DE (baked chunks) and DE mixed with white clay (kaolin) as a powder. I would eat about 200g - 400g of the powder mix daily. Sometimes even more. I broke out in spots all over my back, chest, shoulders and jaws of my face. I was so addicted. And I just could not stop even though I wanted too. I seen the benefits of water fasting and I just went for it. I fasted for 7 days on water only (you can read my earlier post just a few pages before) and praise Jesus, I have not had a single taste of DE or clay. It's been about 8-9 week now.
I've eaten chalk, that was my first addiction (hence the name), wall plaster, then whilst on the net I found out about other chalks and clays so I tried them - German chalks, red clay, white clay, potters clay, DE, calcium powder, different African clays, dolomite powder, laundry starch, Arrow root chunks, Kuzu chunks, cornflour (British kind). All to find the perfect earthy taste I craved so bad. I have a load of chalks, clays and DE in my home that I've collected.
If you can do it, I recommend the fasting as it's like going cold turkey.
I will keep you in my prayers and all on this site who are trying to stop the addiction. Only the Lord can help us. God Bless
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1559
May 31, 2012
 
Corn strach eater wrote:
I totally understand what u mean and yes reading other people stories dose help with my problem I've been trying really hard I've been doing really good but sometimes i just have that feeling that I just want something earthy I thought I would be able to find something that was good for me but healthy I guess not just having to keep praying that god gets me though this.
ever taken iron tabs?pls try for at least 3 weeks and SEe how you far.i cant believe how i feel,after failing to complete the clay fast cos of my sis in law who had come with a bag full wen she was visiting.i decided to try the iron longer tham i have ever done.600mg daily,goodness,i went to the store today to buy foodstuff,i just saw my favourite clay and did not feel like it.let witout buying.still amazed!
cat

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1560
May 31, 2012
 
O I will fight this an pray on this with a open heart my Father is faithful of all things ask in truth. Praise Jesus Christ for that. Right now I'm going to remove it from my house an do a fast as well. I guess all the stuff I been dealing with I just didn't fast.. thank you sister for that story of fasten that just let me know how God work.... today .
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1561
Jun 1, 2012
 
I have been cutting back on clay. A few days a go my younger sister got admitted to the hospital and I have been so distraught. I seem that what ever I eat will not stay down but I found that I have been finding comfort in chewing on clay. It seems to calm me down as well as give me a little comfort. I know that I should not look to this but it is what is keeping me together to deal with the situation.
Corn strach eater

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1562
Jun 1, 2012
 
ackee wrote:
I have been cutting back on clay. A few days a go my younger sister got admitted to the hospital and I have been so distraught. I seem that what ever I eat will not stay down but I found that I have been finding comfort in chewing on clay. It seems to calm me down as well as give me a little comfort. I know that I should not look to this but it is what is keeping me together to deal with the situation.
Sorry to hear about your sister I hope everything works out with her? If it's the clay that is getting u though things then so be it I know that feeling of comfort though things like clay and corn strach.

Since: May 12

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1563
Jun 2, 2012
 
Got my Lead level results yesterday, HAPPY to report that NO Lead was found in my system!!!!!!!!!
Logical Deduction: Considering my intake of Nzu a day (trust me it bothers around 25-40 pieces a day) this report confirms Nzu does Not contain Lead.
Now I can Confidently and Fearlessly 'demolish' my huge bag of Nzu!!!!
So all those fears of not conceiving due to Lead in my system are just tricks my mind was playing on me.....:)
Lololol

Since: May 12

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1564
Jun 2, 2012
 
ackee wrote:
I have been cutting back on clay. A few days a go my younger sister got admitted to the hospital and I have been so distraught. I seem that what ever I eat will not stay down but I found that I have been finding comfort in chewing on clay. It seems to calm me down as well as give me a little comfort. I know that I should not look to this but it is what is keeping me together to deal with the situation.
Hey Ackee!!! Hows your sister doing? Hope she is much better...will be praying for her!
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1565
Jun 2, 2012
 
ackee wrote:
I have been cutting back on clay. A few days a go my younger sister got admitted to the hospital and I have been so distraught. I seem that what ever I eat will not stay down but I found that I have been finding comfort in chewing on clay. It seems to calm me down as well as give me a little comfort. I know that I should not look to this but it is what is keeping me together to deal with the situation.
hi dearie,sd to hear about your sister.i Trust God to heal her.take care.
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1566
Jun 2, 2012
 
just wanted to say thank you to everyone. For your prayers and thoughtfulness. I am glad to say progress is being made so I am thankful for that. With god all things are possible. Thanks again!!!
Masi

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1567
Jun 2, 2012
 
Cyndy, I've read a lot of articles on the net and the one from Nigeria is really not good for you. Just goole it you'll see. I personally eat clay too but the one I eat is reddish clay, doean't stick to the teeth that much. There is also the grey kind which sticks to the teeth way too much for my liking. But anyway please just read the articles on here.x
Masi

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1568
Jun 2, 2012
 
Worried Clay Addict wrote:
Got my Lead level results yesterday, HAPPY to report that NO Lead was found in my system!!!!!!!!!
Logical Deduction: Considering my intake of Nzu a day (trust me it bothers around 25-40 pieces a day) this report confirms Nzu does Not contain Lead.
Now I can Confidently and Fearlessly 'demolish' my huge bag of Nzu!!!!
So all those fears of not conceiving due to Lead in my system are just tricks my mind was playing on me.....:)
Lololol
Hey but please still play it safe, try to at least cut down on your intake.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1569
Jun 2, 2012
 
Worried Clay Addict wrote:
Got my Lead level results yesterday, HAPPY to report that NO Lead was found in my system!!!!!!!!!
Logical Deduction: Considering my intake of Nzu a day (trust me it bothers around 25-40 pieces a day) this report confirms Nzu does Not contain Lead.
Now I can Confidently and Fearlessly 'demolish' my huge bag of Nzu!!!!
So all those fears of not conceiving due to Lead in my system are just tricks my mind was playing on me.....:)
Lololol
So happy to hear your news! I hope that you will have more good news for us very soon.

I will look for Nzu when I next travel, as I don't think I have tried it (may have done, have tried various, but none that was described to me as Nzu). Can you tell me what it is like - taste, texture, earthiness? Is it very sticky? I don't like my clay too sticky/gummy, which is one reason I like my baked DE - similar to clay, but so nice and dry and chalk-like.
bhaw

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1570
Jun 3, 2012
 
hey is nzu a calabash chalk type? I just googled it! So much craving my clay ryt nw. Hadnt had any since 4 days coz the shop from i used to buy doesnt have any nw! May be she got 2 knw my additction, Searching for d new one! Its too depressing to not have any.killing me inside :/
mzlibra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1571
Jun 3, 2012
 
Hi everyone! Well I finished my box of Walmart cornstarch. I went to buy another box and for a couple of days I didn't. However last night I went to grocery store and bought their store brand. The texture was so soft, much softer than Walmart brand and much better than Argo. It felt so light in my mouth. It was dry too! So know I'm like definitely no Argo in plastic container......its cornstarch in the box for me!
Corn strach eater

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1572
Jun 3, 2012
 
mzlibra wrote:
Hi everyone! Well I finished my box of Walmart cornstarch. I went to buy another box and for a couple of days I didn't. However last night I went to grocery store and bought their store brand. The texture was so soft, much softer than Walmart brand and much better than Argo. It felt so light in my mouth. It was dry too! So know I'm like definitely no Argo in plastic container......its cornstarch in the box for me!
What store brand was it?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1574
Jun 3, 2012
 
Worried Clay Addict wrote:
Got my Lead level results yesterday, HAPPY to report that NO Lead was found in my system!!!!!!!!!
Logical Deduction: Considering my intake of Nzu a day (trust me it bothers around 25-40 pieces a day) this report confirms Nzu does Not contain Lead.
Now I can Confidently and Fearlessly 'demolish' my huge bag of Nzu!!!!
So all those fears of not conceiving due to Lead in my system are just tricks my mind was playing on me.....:)
Lololol
Hi Worried Clay Addict, a question if you don't mind? Have you always gotten your Nzu from the same source or general location?

Again I'm so glad your tests showed no lead, but I've been doing some reading online on Nzu including some people who claim to have conducted independent tests and the Nzu tested did show lead and arsenic. I also read another report though that suggested it could depend on where the Nzu was from - i.e. that not all Nzu is created equal. Just thought I'd raise this - maybe your Nzu has been fine but some really isn't?

Another question for anyone out there that can help. Does anyone personally know of any serious bad effects on clay-consuming women or their children that can definitely be attributed to the clay?

Thanks!

Since: May 12

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1575
Jun 3, 2012
 
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So happy to hear your news! I hope that you will have more good news for us very soon.
I will look for Nzu when I next travel, as I don't think I have tried it (may have done, have tried various, but none that was described to me as Nzu). Can you tell me what it is like - taste, texture, earthiness? Is it very sticky? I don't like my clay too sticky/gummy, which is one reason I like my baked DE - similar to clay, but so nice and dry and chalk-like.
Lololol...! Yes, I am praying for more good news... But it I a good thing that am relaxed ...not thinking the lead level in me is the cause for the delay.!!
Nzu has a very earthy taste more like raindrops on sand...:). However, it can be sticky but the taste and the way it melts in your mouth is worth all the stickiness...! Lolol

Since: May 12

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1576
Jun 3, 2012
 
bhaw wrote:
hey is nzu a calabash chalk type? I just googled it! So much craving my clay ryt nw. Hadnt had any since 4 days coz the shop from i used to buy doesnt have any nw! May be she got 2 knw my additction, Searching for d new one! Its too depressing to not have any.killing me inside :/
Yes...anzu is also known as Calabash chalk..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,521 - 1,540 of7,817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Life Forum right now

Search the Life Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Festival draws artists from across the nation 19 min GladysSmith 2
Hair salon run by 23-year-old to open Aug. 1 20 min randy 3
Vacaville sessions show how to preserve summer ... 28 min Great White Hunter 1
Bridge work delays could impact Carol Stream sc... 49 min Taxpayer for years 2
CEOs as government saviors: Boom or bust? 1 hr Revolution In The Air 2
Obama Hosts Ramadan Dinner Propaganda Fest 1 hr Jinn n Co 1
McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... 1 hr New World Order Plagues 2
•••
•••