Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market prepares site for Opening Day

Apr 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Appalachian Journal

Members of the Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market prepared the County Green Space property for their opening day, Saturday Apr.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2012
Vegan

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 7, 2012
 
Who is an organic farmer?
Vegan

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 7, 2012
 
Does anyone know if there are any organic farmers at the Market with their organically grown produce for sale?
tomato lover

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 13, 2012
 
I don't really care about the organic aspect as much as the quality of produce. The biggest sellers from the previous Lewisburg market are moving to this new venue and I can't wait to support them!

happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 13, 2012
 
Anyone no the opening day
Mr_ Burpee

Foster, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

tomato lover wrote:
I don't really care about the organic aspect as much as the quality of produce. The biggest sellers from the previous Lewisburg market are moving to this new venue and I can't wait to support them!
I think I'll support other markets in the area like at Caldwell, Union, Pence Springs Flea Market, WV Fair Flea market, etc. Let the LFM (Litigious Farmers Market) and the other one in Lburg battle it out on their own. As usual, seems the Lburgians want to dramatize every aspect of life in the Valley, as if they are the only one's that matter... Are there any markets on the western end ? I'm sure there are..but they are queit, selling there produce without the drama..
Mr_ Burpee

Foster, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 13, 2012
 
their
yeah

Rupert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 13, 2012
 
Mr_ Burpee wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'll support other markets in the area like at Caldwell, Union, Pence Springs Flea Market, WV Fair Flea market, etc. Let the LFM (Litigious Farmers Market) and the other one in Lburg battle it out on their own. As usual, seems the Lburgians want to dramatize every aspect of life in the Valley, as if they are the only one's that matter... Are there any markets on the western end ? I'm sure there are..but they are queit, selling there produce without the drama..
Totally Agree! I like markets on the outskirts of LB-less traffic and less drama.
Kelly

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 13, 2012
 
The produce market/flea market at charmco.
Mr_ Burpee

Smithers, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 13, 2012
 
Kelly wrote:
The produce market/flea market at charmco.
Just like the Chocolate Festival this weekend..where's the benefit for the County? Using the CVB funds to promote it, yet I have yet to see any western end festival being promoted?
Kelly

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 13, 2012
 
The West End has no festivals, other than a very new one during labor day and just started an Easter thing...Rainelle is very far behind.
mancheester

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 13, 2012
 
Kelly wrote:
The West End has no festivals, other than a very new one during labor day and just started an Easter thing...Rainelle is very far behind.
Im sure the LCVB (GCCVB)is hard at work with the good people of Rainelle and Rupert planning and promoting a "Chocolate Festival or a TOOT or something comparable..don't cha think?
60s Reject

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 13, 2012
 
Keep that shit stirrin hippie from Organ Cave away from it and maybe it will be OK! Ya'll know who I'm a talkin bout!
feathers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 13, 2012
 
Mr_ Burpee wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'll support other markets in the area like at Caldwell, Union, Pence Springs Flea Market, WV Fair Flea market, etc. Let the LFM (Litigious Farmers Market) and the other one in Lburg battle it out on their own. As usual, seems the Lburgians want to dramatize every aspect of life in the Valley, as if they are the only one's that matter... Are there any markets on the western end ? I'm sure there are..but they are queit, selling there produce without the drama..
Promoting your sales is a perfectly acceptable way to get the word out. So you find fault with even that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••