Just the Facts?: Pagan Human Sacrifice Panic -- Drugs and Alien Encounters -- The UFO That Wasn't

Jul 31, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Phantoms and Monsters

Pagans have dismissed 'ridiculous' claims they plan to kidnap a member of the public as part of festivities in Epping Forest next week.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2012

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 2, 2012
Ok, I am in one of my moods and I have to vent, this article is perfect for it. So in this article, lies many. There's a couple of passges on UFO's, which I will not comment much on, except to say some believe in them and some don't..to each his own, I personally have never saw one, nor can I deny they exist because of that reason.

Now regarding the passage that talks about "Pagan plans to abduct someone for human sacrifice". They say that an anonymous letter was stuffed into mailboxes "warning" people of this. I am wondering...are they taking into account that these "anonymous" letters could be a hoax from Bible Thumpers, ok I'll be nice...Christians, or people just wanting to stir crap up and be childish, which could be anyone in society nowadays.

Do we have fires in our rituals...yes sometimes, whether or not they're authorized is on that person or group. Addressing all religions and all other belief systems...Pagans aren't the only one's who use fire, they're not only used for rituals you know, people use them for celebrations of all kinds, people use them to warm themselves when camping, fires can be used to cook food, so get the whole, and I will say it's unmentioned but it's blatantly obvious, notion that fires are "evil" out of your tiny brains because you're making mine hurt lol.

Do we have nudity in our rituals, sometimes yes. Some paths go nude, some don't, some do it on a case by case basis. In any case, whether you're a Pagan who goes skyclad, or whether you don't, Pagans believe that the human body is beautiful, and should be cherished and taken care of, nudity isn't evil whether you go skyclad or not. It can become evil to those who have been taught that it was, and it can lead to "unclean activities" Try using it to cherish you body, to love yourself, or for divination, you may see it in a different light.

And the dancing...lol goes without saying, dancing isn't evil, people of all races, religions or belief systems do it, but when Pagans do it...it's all of a sudden scrutinized? We don't dance at every ritual and when we do we're not doing evil things, we're celebrating, raising energy, I mean seriously people? Don't think dancing should be done at rituals? Ok, don't dance at your wedding, don't dance at the party you went to last weekend, etc..you get the picture.

They need to change the article from "Just the Facts" to "Just the Hypocrisy"

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Pagan Priestess wrote:
Ok, I am in one of my moods and I have to vent, this article is perfect for it. So in this article, lies many. There's a couple of passges on UFO's, which I will not comment much on, except to say some believe in them and some don't..to each his own, I personally have never saw one, nor can I deny they exist because of that reason.
Now regarding the passage that talks about "Pagan plans to abduct someone for human sacrifice". They say that an anonymous letter was stuffed into mailboxes "warning" people of this. I am wondering...are they taking into account that these "anonymous" letters could be a hoax from Bible Thumpers, ok I'll be nice...Christians, or people just wanting to stir crap up and be childish, which could be anyone in society nowadays.
Do we have fires in our rituals...yes sometimes, whether or not they're authorized is on that person or group. Addressing all religions and all other belief systems...Pagans aren't the only one's who use fire, they're not only used for rituals you know, people use them for celebrations of all kinds, people use them to warm themselves when camping, fires can be used to cook food, so get the whole, and I will say it's unmentioned but it's blatantly obvious, notion that fires are "evil" out of your tiny brains because you're making mine hurt lol.
Do we have nudity in our rituals, sometimes yes. Some paths go nude, some don't, some do it on a case by case basis. In any case, whether you're a Pagan who goes skyclad, or whether you don't, Pagans believe that the human body is beautiful, and should be cherished and taken care of, nudity isn't evil whether you go skyclad or not. It can become evil to those who have been taught that it was, and it can lead to "unclean activities" Try using it to cherish you body, to love yourself, or for divination, you may see it in a different light.
And the dancing...lol goes without saying, dancing isn't evil, people of all races, religions or belief systems do it, but when Pagans do it...it's all of a sudden scrutinized? We don't dance at every ritual and when we do we're not doing evil things, we're celebrating, raising energy, I mean seriously people? Don't think dancing should be done at rituals? Ok, don't dance at your wedding, don't dance at the party you went to last weekend, etc..you get the picture.
The article is nonsense written by a bible thumping moron spreading false rumors, as usual, but we shouldn't expect anything less from them. They've got that Christian reputation for lying to keep up........LOL. Of course there are those rare
Christians who are accepting and loving towards us.

There are a few gray box trolls, claiming to be Christians, who have posted outrageous nonsense and slander about Paganism too. People who post such nonsense, IMO, are willfully ignorant and are pathetic to have to lie to defend their belief. There are also those nasty trolls who come to these threads with the intent to stir up trouble for entertainment and an adrenalin rush and using Christianity as a cloak to hide behind.

We know we are good people and that's all that matters.
joX

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 10, 2012
Pagan Priestess wrote:
Hoho!! Aye I have been in "one of those moods" many times!!! It was most likely a group of teens that sent the leaflets. To be honest I think Paganism in general is getting less of a bashing as time moves on because most people just want to get on with their lives and have bigger fish to fry. Human sacrifice and satanism etc.. is no longer attached to Pagan ways, due to education and the internet. We will always get the die hards that try to offend us....but personally I can't be arsed wasting energy on a fruitless task. Hope you had a good Lammas celebration my friend. BB Jo x
spod

Liverpool, UK

#4 Aug 11, 2012
yeah as if

Location hidden

#5 Aug 11, 2012
joX wrote:
<quoted text>Hoho!! Aye I have been in "one of those moods" many times!!! It was most likely a group of teens that sent the leaflets. To be honest I think Paganism in general is getting less of a bashing as time moves on because most people just want to get on with their lives and have bigger fish to fry. Human sacrifice and satanism etc.. is no longer attached to Pagan ways, due to education and the internet. We will always get the die hards that try to offend us....but personally I can't be arsed wasting energy on a fruitless task. Hope you had a good Lammas celebration my friend. BB Jo x
Hey there, thanks, yes Lammas was great, had a ritual at my place with family and friends, hope yours was blessed also. Even though I have only been on my path for almost 2 years now, Mabon 2010 was when my path chose me, I have always been open minded, and never judged anyone based on what they believe. I have always tried to stick up for what society labels as the "underdog". Some people, and who could blame them, choose to ignore them and go on with their lives, again I don't blame them, sometimes fueling the fire is pointless, however as long as there's the 1st Ammendment, and as long as I have a voice, and as long as people choose to be ignorant and judge others for not believing in what they do, I will continue to put the word out there, and I will continue to fight. People can love me or hate me, but one thing's for sure, we as Pagans and Wiccans alike have the same rights as Christians and other religions to believe and practice our faith. I know there's Freedom of Speech, but in my opinion, people need to realize that using that as a crutch to bash others who are different from them is ignorant. Call me a hopeless dreamer, but can't we all just get along? Lol.
Jox

Aberdeen, UK

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Pagan Priestess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, thanks, yes Lammas was great, had a ritual at my place with family and friends, hope yours was blessed also. Even though I have only been on my path for almost 2 years now, Mabon 2010 was when my path chose me, I have always been open minded, and never judged anyone based on what they believe. I have always tried to stick up for what society labels as the "underdog". Some people, and who could blame them, choose to ignore them and go on with their lives, again I don't blame them, sometimes fueling the fire is pointless, however as long as there's the 1st Ammendment, and as long as I have a voice, and as long as people choose to be ignorant and judge others for not believing in what they do, I will continue to put the word out there, and I will continue to fight. People can love me or hate me, but one thing's for sure, we as Pagans and Wiccans alike have the same rights as Christians and other religions to believe and practice our faith. I know there's Freedom of Speech, but in my opinion, people need to realize that using that as a crutch to bash others who are different from them is ignorant. Call me a hopeless dreamer, but can't we all just get along? Lol.
No your not a dreamer at all you are quite right! I have been Pagan for 20 years now and seen alot of changes over the years. Most of them have been extremely positive. I, like you have gotten annoyed at those who dont want to be educated in the ways of the other faiths. I have looked into Christianity, Islam and Juadism. Due to these 3 'major world religions', having a modern firm grounding in Patriarchcy, Paganism will always be at odds with them due to our love of the Goddess and Divine Feminine. All religions of all faiths know their God/s, but when it comes to knowing their Goddess..........then this is where it becomes an issue with many. Paganism is still a minority faith globally. However people are now becoming aware of the 'cracks' in the established religions. Time moves on and people are becoming aware of past lies and indoctrinations. However hard they try, those in power cannot stop individual thought. Is boring as I sound Education is the key!! BB Jox

Location hidden

#7 Aug 14, 2012
Jox wrote:
<quoted text>No your not a dreamer at all you are quite right! I have been Pagan for 20 years now and seen alot of changes over the years. Most of them have been extremely positive. I, like you have gotten annoyed at those who dont want to be educated in the ways of the other faiths. I have looked into Christianity, Islam and Juadism. Due to these 3 'major world religions', having a modern firm grounding in Patriarchcy, Paganism will always be at odds with them due to our love of the Goddess and Divine Feminine. All religions of all faiths know their God/s, but when it comes to knowing their Goddess..........then this is where it becomes an issue with many. Paganism is still a minority faith globally. However people are now becoming aware of the 'cracks' in the established religions. Time moves on and people are becoming aware of past lies and indoctrinations. However hard they try, those in power cannot stop individual thought. Is boring as I sound Education is the key!! BB Jox
You don't sound boring at all, I have always agreed with the saying: Knowledge is Power

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drumstik Bar-BQ in Bridgeport was the top vote-... 19 min Xavier 8
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr crazy 4 stuff 8,120
Organization to only prep Black children for su... 2 hr Jubilant Sleep 6
First Saturday, Free Barre Class: Your Weekend (Aug '13) 4 hr Vicki Otto 5
East Bay Teacher Tweets About Wanting to Stab H... 4 hr Lt Oakland PD 2
KKK uses candies, fliers in national recruitmen... 9 hr Cricket 23 4
Fear of French fries 9 hr charlesakinney 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••