Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#34085 Jul 30, 2012
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said that Trayvon didn't try to defend himself while being assaulted. He had a legit right to do so. Any injury sustained by GI Jane is purely self defence. Since GI Jane was clearly the agressor... I'm afraid self defence doesn't apply to him.
I strongly suggest you take Reading,and Comprehension 101
I believe your local Library will assist you.After you are
able to do all of the above..Then post on Topix!!! As you
are surely funking it now!!! Z was attacked,Eye witnesses
affirm it.Z has the medical records to support it! He was
covered re the CCW Incident by the SYG Laws of Fl.He was
arrested purely because Poverty Pimps,Whipped up Racial
Strife,very easy to do when dealing with uneducated folks
who care nothing for facts,but every thing about Skin Color?
Did I clarify things for you??? I suspect not???

You may now continue to Name Call whatever......
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34086 Jul 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
Winner!
Winner of this Year's free Lobotomy for the mentally challenged, a sought after prize by liberals through out the nation. We have testimonials from many prominent Democrats who were past winners of the government approved lobotomy. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and even Barney Frank, though his short circuited on occasion and had to be replaced, are past winners and will attest to their well being since their lobotomies. Barney says his is now functioning with no problems and he consistently wears his socks inside his shoes where before he used them as earmuffs and occasionally when he felt lonely, as suppositories.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34088 Jul 30, 2012
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you late for your KKKlan meeting???
The KKK was created by Democrats and was the first of many terrorist organizations condoned and supported by factions of the Democratic Party. The Weather Underground was another left wing terrorist organization and two of its leaders, William Ayers and Bernadins Dorhn are friends of our left wing president, Barack Obama. Then we can't forget two more darlings of the left, Democratic Precinct Captain John Wayne Gacy, who had his picture taken with First Lady Rosalynn Carter and was executed for raping and killing thirty three young men, or Jim Jones, leader of the People's Temple who was also the darling of the left and a friend of the First Lady and also Walter Mondale.. Jones was responsible for the deaths of over 900 men women and children.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#34089 Jul 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The KKK was created by Democrats and was the first of many terrorist organizations condoned and supported by factions of the Democratic Party. The Weather Underground was another left wing terrorist organization and two of its leaders, William Ayers and Bernadins Dorhn are friends of our left wing president, Barack Obama. Then we can't forget two more darlings of the left, Democratic Precinct Captain John Wayne Gacy, who had his picture taken with First Lady Rosalynn Carter and was executed for raping and killing thirty three young men, or Jim Jones, leader of the People's Temple who was also the darling of the left and a friend of the First Lady and also Walter Mondale.. Jones was responsible for the deaths of over 900 men women and children.
lol! You should learn the history of the United States first before talking son. You'd look less of an idiot... especially regarding the kkk.

Thanks for your fantasy and the comedy show.
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#34090 Jul 30, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly suggest you take Reading,and Comprehension 101
Is that a fact?!! ROTFALMFAO!!! and yet... it is GI Jane that is charged with 2nd degree murder. And I suppposed we are to discount forensic audio expert, Tom Owens (Chair Emeritus of the American Board of Recorded Evidence.) who used irrefutable science to prove that it was NOT GI Jane who screaming. As for your "2 eyewitnesses" - We all know how reliable eye witnesses are.
Doesn't it even bother you the amount of "eye witness" convictions being overturned in the USA as a result of new DNA analysis techniques?? Why is that?? Oh... but DNA analysis (much like the KKK take on audio forensics) is hokem science, right?? The earth is 3000 years old... dinosaurs and man live at the same time (the Flintstones confirm that for ya right?)

Here, edjumakate yourself:
http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fi...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/us/supreme-...
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php... http://www.unc.edu/~jdumas/projects/eyewitnes...
http://reason.com/archives/2009/04/08/eyewitn...
Ascendo Tuum

Palo Alto, CA

#34091 Jul 30, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
historically, you are correct.... but you fright wing teabaggers have not only taken it to heart.... but appear to have "improved" upon it.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#34092 Jul 30, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>I strongly suggest you take Reading,and Comprehension 101

Before you TRY to instruct others, perhaps you should take some instructions yourself.

You implore someone to comprehend, yet you present a post that's not comprehensible. You're the one in need of assistance.

No worries, as I have a moment. But a moment, though.

You need to take grammar lessons. True, no one really cares if a word or two are misspelled or a punctuation mark here or there is missing. But, my goodness, take a look at your post.

You need to space after the end of a sentence. You need to space properly. You need to separate your paragraphs.

I would even suggest that you that you present a clear and concise post.

Now, that's strictly about how to structure your post. The substance of your post is an entirely different matter.

Your precious Thug Zimmerman is the one who initiated, stalked and attacked. There are NO witnesses to confirm your statement that Thug Zimmerman was attacked. There are witnesses to confirm there was an altercation in which at times Thug Zimmerman did not have the upper hand. You can stop telling that LIE of yours.

The "CCW Incident" was a Murder and it's not covered by the "SYG" law. If so, he wouldn't be charged and, furthermore, he and his "pro bono" lawyer would be having a "SYG" hearing to make this all go away.

FAT chance of that happening. Lying Zimmerman would wither under the bright lights of Truth and Facts. Even those who wrote and enacted the law say that your Thug Zimmerman isn't covered by it.

There are no medical records to back up Thug Zimmerman's contention of being in a life-threatening situation that he initiated. Scratches here, trickling blood there and abrasions do not confirm a reason for Murder. It confirms that an altercation took place.

There are many people who are educated and "uneducated" Black, White, Red and Brown and many other shades who are concerned about this case; who have demonstrated and protested; who question injustice. Surely, everyone of those aren't driven by race. No, they aren't. Maybe you are.

Fact, Truth and Justice is what is sought. Not a so-called "investigation" whose main themes were "squeaky clean" record of the Child Killer, intimidation and coercion of witnesses, "Southern Justice," and ineptness and moral corruption of local law enforcement.

You have a lot of nerve TRYING to correct someone when it is YOU who need correction! HA!

Now, you walk YOUR butt down to your local library and seek out grammar books. Then walk on over to the area that specializes in Florida laws.

Then re-write your post. But do NOT resubmit. I will use two of your lines to close....

Did I clarify things for you??? I suspect not!!!(notice the correct punctuation marks)

Criminal Zimmermerman is freed but he ain't free!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34095 Jul 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You should learn the history of the United States first before talking son. You'd look less of an idiot... especially regarding the kkk.
Thanks for your fantasy and the comedy show.
Translation: I haven't the vaguest idea if downhill is correct or not.

KKK Terrorist Arm of the Democratic Party
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/index...

The Ku Klux Klan was established after Southern Democrats lost the Civil War to the Republican Party. They were thought of as the "militant arm" of the Democrat Party and sought to kill former Black slaves, Irish slaves, Oriental Slaves & the Republicans who freed them all. The late Senator Robert Byrd recruited for the KKK and was a Senator from West Virginia.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_the_democratic_...

The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army.[15]..
...As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
Ramming Speed

Buffalo, NY

#34096 Jul 30, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you TRY to instruct others, perhaps you should take some instructions yourself.
You implore someone to comprehend, yet you present a post that's not comprehensible. You're the one in need of assistance.
No worries, as I have a moment. But a moment, though.
You need to take grammar lessons. True, no one really cares if a word or two are misspelled or a punctuation mark here or there is missing. But, my goodness, take a look at your post.
You need to space after the end of a sentence. You need to space properly. You need to separate your paragraphs.
I would even suggest that you that you present a clear and concise post.
Now, that's strictly about how to structure your post. The substance of your post is an entirely different matter.
Your precious Thug Zimmerman is the one who initiated, stalked and attacked. There are NO witnesses to confirm your statement that Thug Zimmerman was attacked. There are witnesses to confirm there was an altercation in which at times Thug Zimmerman did not have the upper hand. You can stop telling that LIE of yours.
The "CCW Incident" was a Murder and it's not covered by the "SYG" law. If so, he wouldn't be charged and, furthermore, he and his "pro bono" lawyer would be having a "SYG" hearing to make this all go away.
FAT chance of that happening. Lying Zimmerman would wither under the bright lights of Truth and Facts. Even those who wrote and enacted the law say that your Thug Zimmerman isn't covered by it.
There are no medical records to back up Thug Zimmerman's contention of being in a life-threatening situation that he initiated. Scratches here, trickling blood there and abrasions do not confirm a reason for Murder. It confirms that an altercation took place.
There are many people who are educated and "uneducated" Black, White, Red and Brown and many other shades who are concerned about this case; who have demonstrated and protested; who question injustice. Surely, everyone of those aren't driven by race. No, they aren't. Maybe you are.
Fact, Truth and Justice is what is sought. Not a so-called "investigation" whose main themes were "squeaky clean" record of the Child Killer, intimidation and coercion of witnesses, "Southern Justice," and ineptness and moral corruption of local law enforcement.
You have a lot of nerve TRYING to correct someone when it is YOU who need correction! HA!
Now, you walk YOUR butt down to your local library and seek out grammar books. Then walk on over to the area that specializes in Florida laws.
Then re-write your post. But do NOT resubmit. I will use two of your lines to close....
Did I clarify things for you??? I suspect not!!!(notice the correct punctuation marks)
Criminal Zimmermerman is freed but he ain't free!
Hey Crisco!

How's you fat old black lady a$$ doing this afternoon?

In case you haven't heard.

George is gonna walk.

And so is you boy in the white house!

He gonna walk right on out of there!

Bwahahahahahahaha.

I'm surprised you still free and posting.

Sooner or later people like you hit the can.

Maybe you got so fat you can't even fit through the door.

That would explain the paradox.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34097 Jul 30, 2012
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a fact?!! ROTFALMFAO!!! and yet... it is GI Jane that is charged with 2nd degree murder. And I suppposed we are to discount forensic audio expert, Tom Owens (Chair Emeritus of the American Board of Recorded Evidence.) who used irrefutable science to prove that it was NOT GI Jane who screaming....
Who says it was irrefutable science? It was used once in a court of law to identify someone talking on the phone with the same person talking on the phone.

Dr. James Wayman, a San Jose State University expert in the field of speech science, told The Daily Caller that he questions the grounds on which Owen based his analysis.

Wayman also said he would be willing to testify against the admissibility of Owen’s findings on the grounds that they don’t meet the criteria required for evidence in federal courts.

“There is no history of, or data on, the comparison of a questioned scream to a known speech sample,” Wayman said.

The problem, he said, is that the two voice samples were recorded in difficult acoustic conditions over different cell phones.

“Even if we were to have Mr. Zimmerman recreate the scream under identical conditions with the same cell phone,” Wayman explained,“it would be difficult to attribute the scream to him without a sample of a similar scream from Mr. Martin under the same conditions. This is clearly not possible.”

Reached for comment, Owen told The DC that he has conducted his own study —“The Owen Study”— of more than 400 different pitches, screams, and voice disguises. The study is unpublished.

He explained that he has attempted, without success, to obtain a “voice exemplar” from Zimmerman, consisting of recordings of both his speaking voice and a scream.

And Wayman, he said,“assumes that the voice software is not able to make a determination on each voice independently.”

Wayman fired back in a later email exchange.“There is no accepted standard regarding metrics for voice comparisons,” he insisted,“either if done forensically or using automated comparison software."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/06/voice-foren...

The Sentinel also contracted with Ed Primeau, a trained audio engineer and registered investigator whose expert testimony has been used in dozens of criminal court proceedings. Primeau used a more intuitive approach to determine that Zimmerman was not the person heard screaming on the 911 call.

“That’s a young man screaming,” Primeau told the Sentinel.

Comparing the human voice to a symphony full of varying timbres, Primeau wrote on his blog that the “male voice yelling for help … cracks like teen male’s does when going through puberty.”

Dr. Philip Rose of the Australian National University told TheDC that scientific experts refer to Primeau’s method as “naïve voice recognition.” His influential 2002 book Forensic Speaker Identification draws a major distinction between naïve and “technical forensics” voice recognition.

“Naïve voice recognition is so prone to error that it is acknowledged that it is worthless as evidence,” Rose said via email.

A forensic expert’s job, he said, is to assess the strength of evidence, not to estimate the probability of a hypothesis. And “the value of the evidence depends … on the similarity of the samples.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/06/voice-foren...

Ouch!!
Big Bad John Roberts

Newberry, SC

#34098 Jul 30, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it up, quite often you are the best laugh of the day.
Yo' pissface, I do not need your permission or approval to keep pissing you off. I did not get it when I first started pissing you off in these threads. DUH!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34099 Jul 30, 2012
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
historically, you are correct.... but you fright wing teabaggers have not only taken it to heart.... but appear to have "improved" upon it.
You are just saying that to try to dilute the impact of left wing violence. Anarchist rioting in this nation is often attributed to the Black Bloc movement, a left wing ideology designed to harm LEOs.
When there is rioting at the RNC in Tampa it will be the left wing Black Bloc in action.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34100 Jul 30, 2012
"While all molestation is condemnable, the introduction of the allegations into this highly publicized case can only serve to deprive Zimmerman of a fair trial. The allegations have nothing to do with the charges against Zimmerman, and have every likelihood to taint the jury pool and cause jurors to make a decision based on something other than the evidence at trial.This case is moving from farce to injustice."

William A. Jacobson, Associate Clinical Professor, Cornell Law School
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34101 Jul 30, 2012
"If this case goes to trial, Zimmerman will almost definitely be found 'not guilty' on the charge of second-degree murder"
John R. Lott Jr., American academic and political commentator.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34102 Jul 30, 2012
"As funky cases go, the prosecution of George Zimmerman is right up there. And while funky may give us something to talk about, it isn’t justice.

A decent legal system would forbid what’s going on in Florida, but then a decent legal system would never have tolerated murder charges against George Zimmerman in the first place."

Wendy Murphy

Wendy Murphy is a leading victims rights advocate and nationally recognized television legal analyst. She is an adjunct professor at New England Law in Boston.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34103 Jul 30, 2012
"If I were a cynic, I’d say that an ambitious special prosecutor — exploiting the rabble-rousing of the U.S. attorney general and the racial grievance industry — filed an exceedingly serious charge for which she lacks evidence, second degree murder, in order to bask in the mob’s adulation while pressuring Zimmerman to plead guilty to a lesser charge, manslaughter, on which the special prosecutor runs a high risk of losing if Zimmerman forces a trial. So I’m sure glad I’m not a cynic."

Andrew C. McCarthy III ,
former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others. The defendants were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and planning a series of attacks against New York City landmarks.
Big Bad John Roberts

Newberry, SC

#34104 Jul 30, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
The only 'pissing' you do is all over yourself.
Yo' pissface, how would you know? Your monkey azz is too busy cover up from my pissing on you and pissing you off.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34105 Jul 30, 2012
"the case will be dismissed at a proper motion at some time in the future -- and if not -- that decision will be reversed on appeal."
Jon H Gutmacher, Florida defense attorney who specializes in criminal cases involvimg the use of a firearm
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#34106 Jul 30, 2012
"There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional."
Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz
Big Bad John Roberts

Newberry, SC

#34107 Jul 30, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all you got?
Yes it is.
What a perfect example of what happens to people with low IQ's that get a rent-by-the-week computer off of BET.
Hope you get that paid off by 2052!
Yo' pissface, here is more:

Yo' yard monkey, thanks for the free advertising. Morons like you must get invited to a lot of white hoods and sheets meetings.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 1 hr Le Duped 561
Federal government fills Ontario court vacancies 6 hr Mark 1
Bridgeport lawyer resigns from bar under a cloud 8 hr CTM 5
Ten indicted in Akron dog-fighting case 12 hr Al chimpton 1
Massena man charged with rape count (Apr '13) 13 hr ben 76
Elk River pastor charged (Jan '11) 14 hr Time To Tell It All 1,592
Santa sex offender found in Texas... and not ar... 15 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 4
More from around the web