Woodford ex-coroner pleads guilty to sexual misconduct with 14-year-old

May 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader

Former Woodford County Coroner Steve Ward was sentenced to nearly a year in jail Tuesday after pleading guilty to one count of sexual misconduct, a misdemeanor.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OKAY

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Finally, there is a measure of justice. This man has admitted his guilt after a couple of years of denying, denying, denying. Trying to cover his own ass by accusing people of lying about him and trying to "frame" him. He owes SO many people an apology, starting with the people he has falsely accused and then to all of the gullible people that have blindly believed him and supported him. It has to be heart breaking for those people that so trusted and believed in him.
Wow

Sorrento, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
Finally, there is a measure of justice. This man has admitted his guilt after a couple of years of denying, denying, denying. Trying to cover his own ass by accusing people of lying about him and trying to "frame" him. He owes SO many people an apology, starting with the people he has falsely accused and then to all of the gullible people that have blindly believed him and supported him. It has to be heart breaking for those people that so trusted and believed in him.
He has no remorse in his actions. He showed that today. The lies, cheating and deception he has done. How can his wife stand beside a pervert? The people of Versailles need to send a letter to judge stating to not let him out for work release or shock probation. He pleaded guilty folks. What else is he hiding. He should have been charged a felony. Should be classified as a sex offender. I feel sorry for the victims and the lives this has ruined.
versailles ky

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

put him in prision for life for doing such a wrongful thing to a child like that ... burn burn66666
versailles ky

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

basterd should be punished just like he punished that child for life burn in hell
hellbilly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

I say we find a tree an hang his ass one year in woodford jail that's a joke send him to bigboy prison so he can be treated like he treated them poor kids
GUILTY RAPIST FELON

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Please write letters to judge and tell him he should be put on list for sex offenders. Thats absurd! Also tell him NOT to let him off early or work release. We should remember our elected official who let us down in this county. It took an outside prosecutor and judge to get a conviction.
Bigboi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

U dang right. Cause no Versailles judge honna do anything. They to worried about handing out prison time for a joint. But u can rape a kid a get a misdemeanor
CAR

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Sorry -- but have any of you been to school to learn grammar and spelling?
Bigboi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

What the hell does spelling have to do with the fact that he hurt innocent children. Shows what u people think is important
ohyeah

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

GUILTY RAPIST FELON wrote:
Please write letters to judge and tell him he should be put on list for sex offenders. Thats absurd! Also tell him NOT to let him off early or work release. We should remember our elected official who let us down in this county. It took an outside prosecutor and judge to get a conviction.
email - LindaCates@kycourts.net she is the Judge's Madison Co Circuit Courl Clerk email faster than snail mail
anonymous

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

CAR wrote:
Sorry -- but have any of you been to school to learn grammar and spelling?
it'z entintionul
Wondering

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I don't blame him for pleading guilty and serving a year in county jail instead of taking his chances with an unbiased jury that may have sent him to prison for many years. He didn't plead guilty because he did it, he just made the most logical decision. I know Steve and I know he didn't do this. Those crooked ass people who are behind this (and it goes much deeper than the Owens brothers) will get their justice someday.
OKAY

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Wondering wrote:
I don't blame him for pleading guilty and serving a year in county jail instead of taking his chances with an unbiased jury that may have sent him to prison for many years. He didn't plead guilty because he did it, he just made the most logical decision. I know Steve and I know he didn't do this. Those crooked ass people who are behind this (and it goes much deeper than the Owens brothers) will get their justice someday.
Truly? You can't be serious. How sad that he has so badly manipulated some people. The man pleaded guilty because he is guilty.
please

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Wondering wrote:
It's hard to believe that friends can do horrible things. He is guilty and he knows it. Quit defending a child rapist. He is deserving of far more than 1 year in prison, but the court of public opinion will make sure that this pig has a miserable existence.
hmmmmmmmmm

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

1 gay 24 year old fag, trying to get paid at the end of the day came forward with accusations, and with the trumped up stuff the owens boys set him up with, it was alot to risk going to a trial. every son of a bitch in versailles convicted him before he made it to his arraignment. alot of you tree huggers need to get a life. ill be interested in seeing if this gay boy files aa lawsuit trying to get some money,guilty or not, he wouldnt get a fair trial over this because so many tree huggers would see to it. so instead of facing possible hard time, i think he made a smart choice to spend a year in the clink !!! i have n o doubt steve is bisexual, but that doesnt make him a child rapist, wheres all the other so called victims ? he probably deserves a year in jail for putting himself in a position to let some gay kids accuse him of this later in life,if he gets out and runs again, ill still vote for him simply because he does a good job. and i hate friggin tree huggers who wanna do all these violent things to people, why dont some of you get on the damn bndwagon and help lock of these frigging pillheads and drug dealers, thats the real problem we have in todays society.
NO Tree Hugger Here

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

The above post is just trying to protect his bread and butter. If he was wrongly accused than is innocent than why did he PLEAD GUILTY?????????? He is hiding more or he wouldn't have pleaded. No tree huggers here just know the truth and for the victims it was bitter sweet! Sex with a minor is a felon! He got off! A lawsuit needs to be filed and damages to help the victims and their families to deal with the trauma it has put in their lives. Yes he is a CHILD RAPIST! What else do you want to call it when FORCE SEX ON A CHILD? Remember KARMA!
He does a good job at what? Taking in bodies and doing terrible things to them. I wouldn't send my dog to be burried by him. Damaging a child is far worse than doing drugs! Wow you are very desperate. I will pray for you!
hmmmmmmmmm

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

NO Tree Hugger Here wrote:
The above post is just trying to protect his bread and butter. If he was wrongly accused than is innocent than why did he PLEAD GUILTY?????????? He is hiding more or he wouldn't have pleaded. No tree huggers here just know the truth and for the victims it was bitter sweet! Sex with a minor is a felon! He got off! A lawsuit needs to be filed and damages to help the victims and their families to deal with the trauma it has put in their lives. Yes he is a CHILD RAPIST! What else do you want to call it when FORCE SEX ON A CHILD? Remember KARMA!
He does a good job at what? Taking in bodies and doing terrible things to them. I wouldn't send my dog to be burried by him. Damaging a child is far worse than doing drugs! Wow you are very desperate. I will pray for you!
trama hell lol i was having sex in 7th grade, im a male and i have no desires to have sex with young kids nor did it warp me, besides people could marry at 14 years ago, if you notice our grand parents arent sick twisted pedophiles, my grandmother married at 15 and my grandfather was 21. they were fine people, but i have my opinions about that stuff, and he admitted to CONSENSUAL sex with a minor, he didnt hold him hostage and poke him in the butt, should adults have sex with young people? absolutely not. but i dont think he needs hung up by his balls, linched,killed or whatever. some of you people are ridiculous
Not consensual

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

It wasn't consensual folks. It was rape! The system fails the victims. What about priest huh! Did they hold down those boys. Hell no! Why don't you guys who support Ward just go to jail with him. Maybe you could hold his thing for him! He was not wrongly accused. He did it or he would have fought for his life. Let's face it he's ruined. Anyone having sex with a minor wether male or female should prospected. They know it's wrong. My 19 year old son knows its wrong for him to have sex with a female underage. Period. You people who support h have your heads up your butt. He did it and he also got caught with child porm and has sexual misconduct with an employee. Get a life, he pleaded guilty! He did it and more. Plain and simple. Please pray for the victims and their families as they try to move forward.
Almost noon

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

well it's almost time for him to report. I hope the judge makes him seve his time.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

This whole thing is still fishy, thumb drive that has photos on it is found by a Owens (Danny). This while his brother who left that funeral home a couple of years before and is running for coroner,and working for Clark Funeral Home who has had it out for Steve for years. The Clarks have tried to put inexperienced people in coroners office before. Now they can team up with Owens and take him out.Believe that Steve took the year since they set him up, if it went to a trial it could of cost him more time. The person who it happened to should come forward now and show themselves. I have heard thru sources close to Owens family that it was Ronald Jr.. That would be very funny that all this happens when dad is running for Coroner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Criminal Defense Law Forum right now

Search the Criminal Defense Law Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 24 min Len is Disgusted 64,247
Can You Lie in Politics? Supreme Court Will Decide 25 min GOP-Saboteurs 41
David Temple 48 Hours Mystery (Dec '08) 38 min let_him_fry 91
Homicide investigation underway after body foun... 39 min Atomic by nature 1
Texas town's choice for city manager has length... 40 min Calling you out 1
Kanawha County prosecutor says he shouldn't be ... 43 min GO GO GO 11
New evidence unfolds in an existing murder case (Jul '10) 3 hr c koster 426
•••
•••
•••
•••