Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#13477 Apr 27, 2012
Trayvon Martin case: George’s integrity

Posted on April 27, 2012 by Valhall

Let’s review what George did, and/or allowed to be done, during his recent bond hearing:

He filed for indigent status to get all his legal issues paid for by the State of Florida, and
He had his wife state that they had no financial means to make bond, and
He allowed his mother to offer up her home in order to secure any bond they might not have cash to obtain, and
He let his parents (according to my understanding) put up the $15k to get his ass out of jail on a $150,000 bond.

…all while he had approximately $200,000 cash in a PayPal account from donations made to him via his website he had set up.

For all of you thinking this cornholio is an upright citizen who is some kind of “hero” who has been turned into a martyr over this deal, please be on notice that I’m waiting to hear how you’re going to spin this little number…a number in which George allowed blatant misrepresentation of his financial situation to the court.

Please remember he’s something like 3 years into a criminal justice degree while you are working up your story.

O’Mara will be disclosing his client’s “oversight” to the court now that he has been made aware of it.

Valhall.

Location hidden

#13479 Apr 27, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
<quoted text>It has everything to do what he was talking about. Maybe you need to read and accept truth. But u wont due to listening to fox nbc msnbc cbs cnn lies. Ron Paul!
What is "it" that has everything to do with what he was talking about?

He said we should be discussing taxes and taxes on dividends. There are many threads to discuss that and the hate for Obama.

You post makes no sense. It doesn't address what I said that you replied to.

Location hidden

#13480 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no legal reason for a deliquent minor to be left unattended in the first place.
So then the prosecutor lied to the court about the unattended deliquent minor having such a legal right in a public place just to win .
A child that has just turned 17 i perfectly capable of caring for himself and doesn't require a baby sitter. In fact, that is the age of a lot of babysitters.

It is also perfectly legal.

Location hidden

#13481 Apr 27, 2012
Talk about lying to the court, did you hear Captain Zimmerman's wife lie about their finances?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13482 Apr 27, 2012
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post says a lot about what you have, or should I say don't have.
People who live in glass houses..........
==========

Boy you just described your situation. Sad.

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#13483 Apr 27, 2012
Common Sence 789 wrote:
<quoted text>What does all of that mean Christo?
It means, in my opinion, that those acts alone would need other actions to be answered in the affirmative.

1) Many of my White friends wear hoodies. They are not racist. My military buddies and I wore hoodies all the time and the ones I served with and socialized with weren't racist.

2) Walking from "one end of the ghetto to the other on a Saturday night" would not be advisable for anyone if it weren't their neighborhood...ghetto or über-rich on ANY night. Yes, one would certainly have a legal right to. I'd say be wary of your surroundings and use common sense. No telling what may happen to you, as we can see so clearly.

3) In my opinion it wouldn't be considered profiling, simply because of the condition that you placed...(never).

4) In my opinion, it would not be considered profiling because the condition that you placed notes that the teenager is a gang-banger.

5) In my opinion, it would not be considered profiling but it is perilously on the edge. I couldn't fault those who would consider it as so. Intent is key.

6) I'd need to know the intent of the one saying this. If it is coupled with other words or actions, then it may very well be.

Common, I've learned a long time ago that things aren't so black and white, as in clear-cut. Many factors are to be taken into consideration. Not only in this case or in law enforcement, but in every facet of life.

I'm not one who hoops and hollers about race or racism. A sampling of my posts would bear that out. But what many do not understand is that there is a systemic breakdown along racial lines in our criminal justice system. It's been that way for a long, long, long time.

Many conservative and right-wing politicians, pundits and academia agree with this. If there are those who want to bury their heads and pretend it doesn't exist and then accuse those who bring it up as racists, then, they so choose not to understand what's occurring.

And, profiling occurs each day amongst us. Some trivial, some not so trivial. But when racial profiling (by ANY race) occurs and consequential acts result from that, then there must be accountability.

Did it happen in this instance? I'm more concerned with our judicial system's answer to that.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13484 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
Let’s review what George did, and/or allowed to be done, during his recent bond hearing:
He filed for indigent status to get all his legal issues paid for by the State of Florida, and
He allowed his mother to offer up her home in order to secure any bond they might not have cash to obtain, and
He let his parents (according to my understanding) put up the $15k to get his ass out of jail on a $150,000 bond.
…all while he had approximately $200,000 cash in a PayPal account from donations made to him via his website he had set up.
For all of you thinking this cornholio is an upright citizen who is some kind of “hero” who has been turned into a martyr over this deal, please be on notice that I’m waiting to hear how you’re going to spin this little number…a number in which George allowed blatant misrepresentation of his financial situation to the court.
Please remember he’s something like 3 years into a criminal justice degree while you are working up your story.
O’Mara will be disclosing his client’s “oversight” to the court now that he has been made aware of it.
Valhall.
Exactly Zazz! This Creeper-Panhandling-Killer-Cap tain is demonstrating time and time again that he has absolutely no character and no credibility. This fact will devastate his SYG defense, and likely his entire defense altogether. What a lying, guilty dirt-bag.

I hope the Judge revokes his bail for a period of time as a measure tantamount to Contempt of Court for his blatant misrepresentations/lies to the court. That is a big-time no no, especially in a case which is being viewed world-wide. I won't hold my breath on this one though.

IT'S BEEN NICE

#13485 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>There are many threads talking about it. Please go there to discuss it.
I'm sure they've posted the same mess on other threads, no matter the topic.

They can't help themselves.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#13486 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
Valhall.
Why don't you go no back to YOUR "stinky Hinky" and talk about that....
American Lady

Danville, KY

#13487 Apr 27, 2012
*no...on

IT'S BEEN NICE

#13488 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
Talk about lying to the court, did you hear Captain Zimmerman's wife lie about their finances?
This goes straight to the killer's honesty and veracity.

No wonder Detective Serino had a difficult time believing Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) on that fateful. Sunday evening.

If the killer is not going to be honest about small matters, he's definitely NOT going to be honest about weightier matters.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13489 Apr 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
*no...on
This is your most relevant post thus far! Stay on topic, or go elsewhere please.
humberto

Bronx, NY

#13490 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
A child that has just turned 17 i perfectly capable of caring for himself and doesn't require a baby sitter. In fact, that is the age of a lot of babysitters.
It is also perfectly legal.
He was expelled from school and sent home and your saying thats tough luck ?

“NEX UT TYRANNUS BONOBO OBAMA”

Since: Feb 12

Bowling Green KY

#13491 Apr 27, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
with a ball point pen...
remember..
you only have 2 hands and one (or two) trigger fingers
I have more guns than you do... lol
check out calif list of banned firearms.
its moving east...
think waco...
Well, I've had a pretty good life.
I've lived under the constitution for all of it.
I intend to die exercising my constitutional rights.

Bowling Green KY

#13492 Apr 27, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
6) not possible
mexiscum is not a race
mutts are not a race
I was thinking the sod might be offended. Thats why I said maybe.
humberto

Bronx, NY

#13493 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
It's an illegal proceeding anyway.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13494 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
He was expelled from school and sent home and your saying thats tough luck ?
That is irrelevant to the fact Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. Period. The end.

Bowling Green KY

#13495 Apr 27, 2012
reallly wrote:
<quoted text>A Garand IS an M-1
M-1 Carbine- M-1 Garand.

I have both and can assure you that they are as different as a Cadillac and a Ford Pinto.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13496 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an illegal proceeding anyway.
How is it an illegal proceeding? No whackyness allowed.
george

United States

#13497 Apr 27, 2012
Are you all aware of the fact that Martin would not have been allowed to go to his school prom becuase of his mutliple suspensions in this past year of school? he would not be allowed to participate in any school sport activity due to his suspensions? why? because he has a bad record in school, trouble maker to the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 21 min Isaiah 29-13 1,419
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 38 min spocko 638
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 3 hr Go Blue Forever 434
Massena woman admits committing welfare fraud 6 hr fed up with new y... 19
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 14 hr Noway 28
Asheville newspaper sues over police recordings 18 hr CULLEN FAT DOG 4
2 men charged with incest (Apr '10) 21 hr Kandi Kane 178
More from around the web