Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Read more: Wall Street Journal 66,327

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Read more
American Lady

Danville, KY

#13487 Apr 27, 2012
*no...on

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#13488 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
Talk about lying to the court, did you hear Captain Zimmerman's wife lie about their finances?
This goes straight to the killer's honesty and veracity.

No wonder Detective Serino had a difficult time believing Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) on that fateful. Sunday evening.

If the killer is not going to be honest about small matters, he's definitely NOT going to be honest about weightier matters.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13489 Apr 27, 2012
American Lady wrote:
*no...on
This is your most relevant post thus far! Stay on topic, or go elsewhere please.
humberto

Bronx, NY

#13490 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
A child that has just turned 17 i perfectly capable of caring for himself and doesn't require a baby sitter. In fact, that is the age of a lot of babysitters.
It is also perfectly legal.
He was expelled from school and sent home and your saying thats tough luck ?

“NEX UT TYRANNUS BONOBO OBAMA”

Since: Feb 12

Bowling Green KY

#13491 Apr 27, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
with a ball point pen...
remember..
you only have 2 hands and one (or two) trigger fingers
I have more guns than you do... lol
check out calif list of banned firearms.
its moving east...
think waco...
Well, I've had a pretty good life.
I've lived under the constitution for all of it.
I intend to die exercising my constitutional rights.

Bowling Green KY

#13492 Apr 27, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
6) not possible
mexiscum is not a race
mutts are not a race
I was thinking the sod might be offended. Thats why I said maybe.
humberto

Bronx, NY

#13493 Apr 27, 2012
zazz wrote:
Talk about lying to the court, did you hear Captain Zimmerman's wife lie about their finances?
It's an illegal proceeding anyway.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13494 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
He was expelled from school and sent home and your saying thats tough luck ?
That is irrelevant to the fact Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. Period. The end.

Bowling Green KY

#13495 Apr 27, 2012
reallly wrote:
<quoted text>A Garand IS an M-1
M-1 Carbine- M-1 Garand.

I have both and can assure you that they are as different as a Cadillac and a Ford Pinto.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13496 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an illegal proceeding anyway.
How is it an illegal proceeding? No whackyness allowed.
george

United States

#13497 Apr 27, 2012
Are you all aware of the fact that Martin would not have been allowed to go to his school prom becuase of his mutliple suspensions in this past year of school? he would not be allowed to participate in any school sport activity due to his suspensions? why? because he has a bad record in school, trouble maker to the end.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

#13498 Apr 27, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama talks bin Laden in rare sit room interview. Obama spikes football….again.
By DYLAN BYERS and JOSH GERSTEIN |
4/27/12 2:20 PM EDT
Brian Williams of NBC News held a rare interview with President Barack Obama about the killing of Osama bin Laden in the White House Situation Room yesterday. It will air on May 2nd, the anniversary of bin Laden’s execution.
THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT CLAIM SHOWING THE PICTURES WILL INFLAME THE INSURGANTS…………what does Obama call running an interview from the situation room……………………It’s called campaigning.
Washington (CNN)-- A federal judge has turned aside calls to publicly release video and photographs of the U.S. military raid and aftermath that left al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden dead.
Judicial Watch, a conservative legal group, had asked the Department of Defense to comply with a Freedom of Information request for the material, especially photos of the September 11 mastermind lying dead on the third floor of his Pakistan hideout.
The group argued it was being "irreparably harmed" by the Obama administration's "unlawful withholding of requested records."
But Judge James Boasberg ruled Thursday there were legitimate national security interests to deny disclosure.
Obama is now in full CYA mode. The document is out now that gives the entire story of how the ADMIRAL in charge was the one that gave the go ahead. Obama left himself an out, if things didn't pan out. The Admiral would have had to fall on his sword.
Obama is a gelding, and I don't mean a horse.
humberto

Bronx, NY

#13499 Apr 27, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is irrelevant to the fact Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. Period. The end.
Your a liar. you don't get sent home from school to go gallivanting in public unattended .

Bowling Green KY

#13500 Apr 27, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal god Alan Dershowitz has blasted the prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, FOX News reports.

Dershowitz says the prosecutor, Angela Cory, overreached on the murder charge and committed a crime by omitting key exculpatory evidence from her affidavit.

Specifically, he says:

The prosecutor should have mentioned the photos of Zimmerman's bleeding head, which suggest he was involved in a major physical struggle.
If the prosecutor knew about these photos when she filed the affidavit, she has committed perjury.
"There's nothing in the affidavit that suggests this was second-degree murder."
By over-charging Zimmerman (with second-degree murder), the prosecutor has sown the seeds for race riots: When Zimmerman is acquitted, there will be mass outrage.
If the prosecutor hasn't already hired a lawyer to defend herself, he says, she should
Other legal experts agree with Dershowitz's assessment of the murder charge.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-2...
Justice

United States

#13501 Apr 27, 2012
It looks like I've missed over 1000 posts, and I don't feel like reading page after page of BS. So is there anything new?
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13502 Apr 27, 2012
humberto wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a liar. you don't get sent home from school to go gallivanting in public unattended .
Irrelevant. Gallivanting is not a crime. Trayvon committed no crime. Zimmerman will be convicted on Manslaughter.

Bowling Green KY

#13503 Apr 27, 2012
george wrote:
Are you all aware of the fact that Martin would not have been allowed to go to his school prom becuase of his mutliple suspensions in this past year of school? he would not be allowed to participate in any school sport activity due to his suspensions? why? because he has a bad record in school, trouble maker to the end.
He's probably be alive today if he hadn't attacked GZ.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#13504 Apr 27, 2012
ENOCHS JUSTICE wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal god Alan Dershowitz has blasted the prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, FOX News reports.
Dershowitz says the prosecutor, Angela Cory, overreached on the murder charge and committed a crime by omitting key exculpatory evidence from her affidavit.
Specifically, he says:
The prosecutor should have mentioned the photos of Zimmerman's bleeding head, which suggest he was involved in a major physical struggle.
If the prosecutor knew about these photos when she filed the affidavit, she has committed perjury.
"There's nothing in the affidavit that suggests this was second-degree murder."
By over-charging Zimmerman (with second-degree murder), the prosecutor has sown the seeds for race riots: When Zimmerman is acquitted, there will be mass outrage.
If the prosecutor hasn't already hired a lawyer to defend herself, he says, she should
Other legal experts agree with Dershowitz's assessment of the murder charge.
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-2...
Wrong. The opinion that a Prosecutor overcharged is not illegal on these facts, and in fact is discretionary. Furthermore, the Judge agreed with the charges, and authorized the case to proceed. Lastly, the Prosecutor has immunity from lawsuits, including the one you are manufacturing. I do believe that Manslaughter would seem like the more appropriate charge, but I have not seen the evidence. The Prosecutor has. She has the duty and obligation to proceed just as she has. Zimmerman pursued, confronted, and killed an innocent, unarmed minor. The end.

Bowling Green KY

#13505 Apr 27, 2012
Justice wrote:
It looks like I've missed over 1000 posts, and I don't feel like reading page after page of BS. So is there anything new?
Nope!
Trayvon is still dead and Zimmerman is still being railroaded.
humberto

Newark, NJ

#13506 Apr 27, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no probable cause to dispute the altercation.
All that was done was an abuse of power to deceive and banter about the authority of the inept 911 operator who was fending off help and then tried to cover themselves .
thats not probable cause -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human Services Department employee charged in s... 26 min cowboy chris 1
News Claim: Michael Jackson Paid at Least $200M to S... 56 min Florida 345
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 58 min Florida 64,647
News Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) 1 hr chky620 40
News DPS joins call to restart border-security contr... 2 hr Rolling Papers 9
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 3 hr Eagle Eye 2
News FBI overstated forensic hair matches in nearly ... 3 hr Righteous 22
More from around the web