Budget blocks funds for prisons Quinn wants to close

Jul 1, 2012 Full story: Northwest Herald

CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn signed a $33.7 billion state budget Saturday that blocks the spending of millions of dollars the Legislature had allocated for prisons and mental health facilities that he is intent on shutting down to reduce costs.

Full Story
gone

Herrin, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Quinn has got to go.
Ed Ortiz

AOL

#2 Jul 1, 2012
Just do like Jerry Brown, the Moron Gov in Blue State Calif did and RELEASE thousands of Felons right after the Moron gave the highest paid Prison Guards in American History RAISES.
The Facts

Enfield, IL

#3 Jul 1, 2012
This is what Democrats will do to you when you are not watching them closely enough. AFSCME can now sit back and lick their wounds while hundreds of state workers have their lives uprooted. Vote Republican next time.
Obama

Irvine, CA

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Just keep voting for me and my Chicago Crew. I'll make sure there is a spot for you in my soup kitchen line.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Out with Quinn. He's a numb nut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 10 min mjjcpa 61
Woman Charged In Fatal Mpls. Strip Club Shooting 10 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
Incoming Supervalu CEO Duncan to make $1.5 mill... (Jan '13) 3 hr fayebryant00 3
Matson agrees to plea deal with feds over Honol... 6 hr Joe Balls 1
Lansford officer Shubeck gets probation 8 hr badone07 10
SAFE to hold domestic violence rally on Wednesday 11 hr Liberal forever 1
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 11 hr danny 21

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE