House Rejects Governor's 'Three-Strikes' Amendment

Jul 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Gov. Deval Patrick set in motion a wave of criticism when he vetoed the popular "three strikes" crime bill on the grounds that it lacked sufficient provisions for judicial discretion.A Warning of possible unintended "unjust consequences" that can arise from mandatory sentencing laws, Patrick wrote in a letter to the Legislature, "None of us is wise ... (more)

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2012
Dispicable Americans

Chico, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
Such laws are unacceptable and inhumane. They should have been abolished under cruel and unusual a long time ago. "No excessive fine imposed" gives the general meaning of what the founders wrote.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 6, 2012
20 years or $100,000 fine for not returning your library book, forfeiture of car or $250,000 fine for parking ticket...The what are you going to do about it we have all the money and everything else country club.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Talk About Trayvon (Jul '13) 3 min Crazy not Lazy 4
Registered Child Abuser Is Arrested 31 min Wtf 1
New challenge for HealthCare.gov: Tax forms 56 min RustyS 1
SW Va. girl, 3, eats meth, mother charged (Feb '14) 1 hr mustang10 40
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 554
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 2 hr Sir Samuel 23
Trespassers - Can You Shoot 'Em? 2 hr Commander Bunny 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••