"OK to Say Gay" Rally in Knoxville, Tenn., Sunday

May 21, 2011 Full story: Advocate 43

In response to Tennessee's recently passed "Don't Say Gay" bill, the Tennessee Equality Project and the Knoxville chapter of Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays are sponsoring an "It's OK to Say Gay" rally Sunday at a church in Knoxville.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“From Gods mouth to my pen”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 May 22, 2011
Why don't all these gays go blow smoke up somebody else's butt. I don't understand why pole smokers are always trying to shove their perversion down somebodies throat.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#2 May 23, 2011
Anvil Clemens wrote:
Why don't all these gays go blow smoke up somebody else's butt. I don't understand why pole smokers are always trying to shove their perversion down somebodies throat.
You seem obsessed with anal sex, and you take the time to search out and memorized all kids of silly slurs about gay folks, and come to gay forums to post them.

What does that say about you, and your fear of being forced to treat others with respect?

Silly creature.

Since: Mar 09

Knoxville, TN

#3 May 23, 2011
The great thing is that no matter how much people hate gays, they will always be here and have been since the beginning of time...and our kids in school know about it in elementary school...and it will be okay to say gay and no one can stop it.....we win, you haters and people who call yourself Christians while you disrespect others lose...big time....and you who cannot coexist with those different than you will not be tolerated.......wake up all uneducated hating rednecks.....different folks are here and you cannot do one damn thing about it.....chew on that.

Since: Mar 09

Knoxville, TN

#4 May 23, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed with anal sex, and you take the time to search out and memorized all kids of silly slurs about gay folks, and come to gay forums to post them.
What does that say about you, and your fear of being forced to treat others with respect?
Silly creature.
Now that was an educated comment....I bet you call yourself a Christian.
cat

United States

#5 May 23, 2011
Anvil Clemens wrote:
Why don't all these gays go blow smoke up somebody else's butt. I don't understand why pole smokers are always trying to shove their perversion down somebodies throat.
And straight people too! Nasty breeders flaunting their lifestyle in the media and all around town. Yesterday, I saw a hetero couple on a children's cartoon! How should parents explain that to children? I don't want to have to think about men sticking their pee-holes inside of a woman's genitals! And don't tell me it's natural; think of all the diseases that straight people spread through intercourse! It's gross and I don't want heterosexuality mentioned in school either. Even if a teacher is straight or a student has straight parents- we shouldn't teach kids about it!

I could say that, but that would be a childish and ignorant statement. Instead, I respect people of all sexual orientations (gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, and asexual) regardless of whether or not I can personally put myself in their shoes. And I encourage all mature, reasonable people to do the same.

“playin' you like a fiddle.”

Since: Aug 10

Knoxville, TN

#6 May 24, 2011
if it's "okay to say gay"

then it's equally okay for me to call them the sick azz reaming, shyt off the dyck licking, perversions of sub human garbage that they are.

right down there with all of these wormy prescription drug addicts.
Well

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 24, 2011
I don't care who is Gay and I don't care how you live your life, I just don't want the Gay agenda pushed on my child in Kindergarten, desensitizing him before he is old enough to even understand what it is. The Bible I live by says it's wrong and that is exactly what my son is going to be taught. Put me in jail, I don't care. Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH??

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#8 May 24, 2011
Well wrote:
Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH??
It's surrendering to celebrity propaganda...
Claudes BFF

Knoxville, TN

#9 May 24, 2011
Well wrote:
I don't care who is Gay and I don't care how you live your life, I just don't want the Gay agenda pushed on my child in Kindergarten, desensitizing him before he is old enough to even understand what it is. The Bible I live by says it's wrong and that is exactly what my son is going to be taught. Put me in jail, I don't care. Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH??
Completely agree!!! Free speech is a thing of the past I'm afraid, well to some anyway. I feel that my opinion is just as valid as anyone elses and I will continue stating it freely, I have just as much right as anyone else...especially if chose to be the minority!

“The Constitution Matters”

Since: Jan 11

United States

#10 May 24, 2011
Can we now say queer,poop pusher, balls across the nose, brain damage, birth defected, queer bait, bad choice, strap on queen, condemned?

JVR

Since: Apr 11

Knoxville, TN

#11 May 24, 2011
I absolutely love it when people bring the Bible into it as justification for their petty fears and bigoted opinions.

Top Ten Reasons to Make Gay Marriage Illegal

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

If you truly feel that gayness is an abomination because of Leviticus, then what about these?

Leviticus 19:10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.

Which seems to point to Yahweh being down with welfare and assisting folks in need.

Leviticus 19:14 Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.

Yahweh seems to be down with helping the handicapped too.

Leviticus 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the LORD.

So, apparently, lying and telling tales is not approved of, and that communities should stand together. Not just the pale people or the brown people, but all y'all's people...

Leviticus 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Guess wishing death and terribleness on your neighbors is out too. How many Democrats or Libertarians or Scientologist you think live in your neighborhoods?

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Gee. Love thy neighbor. Nor on the children of your people. Whuddathunkit?

And, of course, there is something about immigrants that is completely ignored by the rabid Christian nationalists...

Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Does that mean we can end this ridiculousness about trying to repeal the 14th Amendment, since Leviticus was down with that sort of thing LONG before the Founding Fathers or Lincoln?

Or if we have to throw out Leviticus as being outdated, does this mean we can toss out the whole hating the gheys thing too?

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12 May 24, 2011
JVR wrote:
I absolutely love it when people bring the Bible into it as justification for their petty fears and bigoted opinions.
And what gay web-site did you stalk around on to come up with that?
c

United States

#14 May 24, 2011
Well wrote:
I don't care who is Gay and I don't care how you live your life, I just don't want the Gay agenda pushed on my child in Kindergarten, desensitizing him before he is old enough to even understand what it is. The Bible I live by says it's wrong and that is exactly what my son is going to be taught. Put me in jail, I don't care. Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH??
So you want free speech AND for people to not be able to talk about LGBT people? I think you don't understand what "free speech" means.
Can U Handle It

Watseka, IL

#15 May 24, 2011
Anvil Clemens wrote:
Why don't all these gays go blow smoke up somebody else's butt. I don't understand why pole smokers are always trying to shove their perversion down somebodies throat.
Well said!
They can't get away with it in polite company but instead will tax hundreds of billions to put homosexuality and preach homosexuality and evangelize homosexuality into the minds of little school-children.
I agree with you.
If adult mental-defectives want to choose to engage in that behavior, oh well, let them catch their stupid diseases, who cares?
Start putting it in our schools as they are, now we have a big fight!
If we can't talk about Jesus, then those filthy weirdos can't talk to kids about how they're supposed to like hairy backsides.
All this gay crap is a really creepy pseudo-religious cult which the Federal and State governments are spending billions to promote as "normal".
To children.
Promoting homosexuality to children is brain-spam and child abuse, not education in anything worthwhile that will lead to human advancement, supposedly the mission of government "educating" the children.
Government is just trying to turn kids queer or look the other way.
Fight them.
Millions see the danger.
Demand to see what your local schools are trying to teach your kids.
Odds are, the schools don't want you to know, are trying to hide it, and they'll give you the same runaround as they gave me.
Look more deeply if you value your child's education into what's really important and helpful.
Can U Handle It

Watseka, IL

#16 May 24, 2011
c wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want free speech AND for people to not be able to talk about LGBT people? I think you don't understand what "free speech" means.
So does "free speech" mean to you that teachers can order the kids onto their prayer-mats facing San Francisco 5 times a day, saying they're "born gay" and can never change or else they're "homophobes"?
The ideology and dogmatism of homosexuality, being promoted to children, is every bit as repressive and fascistic as all of the other creepy political-religious movements of past eras.
Promoting homosexuality to children is a horrible and evil idea which will ultimately lead to the dis-crediting of the idea that government is capable of competently educating children.

We don't want government employees talking to nor promoting how they like to have sex to our kids.
Adults promoting homosexuality to little children is not a legitimate function of government and must be de-funded ASAP.
All across the country.
Believe it.

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#17 May 24, 2011
Can U Handle It wrote:
<quoted text>So does "free speech" mean to you that teachers can order the kids onto their prayer-mats facing San Francisco 5 times a day, saying they're "born gay" and can never change or else they're "homophobes"?
The ideology and dogmatism of homosexuality, being promoted to children, is every bit as repressive and fascistic as all of the other creepy political-religious movements of past eras.
Promoting homosexuality to children is a horrible and evil idea which will ultimately lead to the dis-crediting of the idea that government is capable of competently educating children.
We don't want government employees talking to nor promoting how they like to have sex to our kids.
Adults promoting homosexuality to little children is not a legitimate function of government and must be de-funded ASAP.
All across the country.
Believe it.
Amen to that!

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#18 May 24, 2011
c wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want free speech AND for people to not be able to talk about LGBT people? I think you don't understand what "free speech" means.
The straights are not the ones that have to provide explanations about their orientation. But we have certainly seen the gays manipulate free speech to their own end, getting the weak minded to patronize them, while they play two sides against the middle.
Can U Handle It

Watseka, IL

#19 May 24, 2011
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen to that!
Thank you sir!
All across the country we're fighting back against this ridiculous nonsense.
For God's sakes, we're spending hundreds of billions on "education", and our kids are graduating to college barely literate in anything worthwhile that will help them above pushing a broom.
This is/was the United States, for God's sakes!
We're so much better and capable than this!
Government has failed us at every turn, which we the people allowed and funded.

No more, even if Republicans demand more spending on whatever they want to waste it on.

They've failed and are now working at cross-purposes to what we want our kids to learn.
Government is spending hundreds of billions to program kids to ignore the values of parents and family and replace it with government, at taxpayer expense.
We don't have much time, if any, my dear friend, to turn this around.
Thanks for your reply.
Do what you can.

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#20 May 25, 2011
Can U Handle It wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sir!
All across the country we're fighting back against this ridiculous nonsense.
For God's sakes, we're spending hundreds of billions on "education", and our kids are graduating to college barely literate in anything worthwhile that will help them above pushing a broom.
This is/was the United States, for God's sakes!
We're so much better and capable than this!
Government has failed us at every turn, which we the people allowed and funded.
No more, even if Republicans demand more spending on whatever they want to waste it on.
They've failed and are now working at cross-purposes to what we want our kids to learn.
Government is spending hundreds of billions to program kids to ignore the values of parents and family and replace it with government, at taxpayer expense.
We don't have much time, if any, my dear friend, to turn this around.
Thanks for your reply.
Do what you can.
Thank you! First as far as government goes, well we have to have some kind of structure, and and I don't look at either party as being the better, but which is the lesser of two evils. Second, when it comes to this issue I keep it simple: gays have nothing to prove, I have nothing to gain.
Muddy

Wise, VA

#21 May 25, 2011
Can U Handle It wrote:
<quoted text>So does "free speech" mean to you that teachers can order the kids onto their prayer-mats facing San Francisco 5 times a day, saying they're "born gay" and can never change or else they're "homophobes"?
The ideology and dogmatism of homosexuality, being promoted to children, is every bit as repressive and fascistic as all of the other creepy political-religious movements of past eras.
Promoting homosexuality to children is a horrible and evil idea which will ultimately lead to the dis-crediting of the idea that government is capable of competently educating children.
We don't want government employees talking to nor promoting how they like to have sex to our kids.
Adults promoting homosexuality to little children is not a legitimate function of government and must be de-funded ASAP.
All across the country.
Believe it.
You must be closeted if you think a person can "become" gay by just hearing about it...is your orientation really that fragile? and MENTIONING of something is not "promoting"...like, if a teacher mentions Nazis, he or she is not promoting it! You are either high, a person filled with hate, or in the closet...which?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lane kiffin 19 min Gringo 8
Member of Outlaws motorcycle club says raid vio... (Feb '10) 3 hr southbronx 31
VOTE NO on Election Day to Amendment 1 Women 3 hr kicker 52
What ever happened to" Ivan" of the Outlaws mc ? (May '11) 4 hr Renegade 12
State of Virginia to issue public apology for s... (Feb '07) 8 hr streetrunner 4,137
Most Crooked Business Owner in Knoxville (Sep '13) 8 hr Billy 17
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) Fri Vern Schillinger 24
Knoxville Dating
Find my Match

Knoxville Jobs

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]