Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Albert

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 17, 2009
 
What is it with Scott County Tennessee? It seems liie they have a lotof unexplained murders, people killed and made to look like something else, sucicide or what not.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oneida-tn/T7V...

It sounds like a place to stay clear of, but why can`t some of these killing be investigated a little better?
Old Former SC Resident

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 17, 2009
 
i grew up in Scott County Tennessee and it has always been that way. My brother was killed there years ago and we wewre told one thing and then over the years I have been told by people who lived ther that it did not happen that way. They lost all records of it at the court house. My advice is stay out of the place unless you have some serious business there, leave the women there alone. the guys there think they own them and they will kill you over one , even though the woman wants to go with you and wouldn`t give the guy a second look. Drugs are bad now and last time I visited the cemetery there the whole county looked like a dump.

My advice is to stay way from it, let them do waht they want in the place.
Zero

Iron Station, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The state of Tennessee is a redneck and black infested hell hole! Fence it in and let them do as they please.
brother

Speedwell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 18, 2009
 
my brother was murdered here in claiborne county and it sounds like scott county is the same
Mine Too

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My brother was murdered in Scott county,Tenn. years ago. It was made to look like self defense, but later found out something different. Now all the records have been lost. Convienent.

I agree it is an evil place filled with evil people.
jessie

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 18, 2009
 
Albert wrote:
What is it with Scott County Tennessee? It seems liie they have a lotof unexplained murders, people killed and made to look like something else, sucicide or what not.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oneida-tn/T7V...
It sounds like a place to stay clear of, but why can`t some of these killing be investigated a little better?
O.J.
Charles Manson.
Scott Peterson.
And the list could grow quite long from that starting point.
California is not quite the civilized yuppie enclave that most would like you to believe.

How many loony cults are in that states borders too ?
Blue Collar

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 18, 2009
 
jessie wrote:
<quoted text>
O.J.
Charles Manson.
Scott Peterson.
And the list could grow quite long from that starting point.
California is not quite the civilized yuppie enclave that most would like you to believe.
How many loony cults are in that states borders too ?
True these people did this in c alifornia only one was from california, Scott Petersen. All except OJ was also investigated tried and sent to prison. From what I have see and heard about Scott County that is not the case. Sombody gets killed it is covered up. OJ was tried and did spend a yar in jail waiting trial. Your argument is kind od weak. Crimes are comitted every where,it is just they are investigated. Not from what I hear and the word is out on Scott County. Too many people have been whaked there and it been covered up. I had that happen there to a relative as well, know what I am talking about. Yes California has a lot of screwy people, but it will put them in prison if they kill somebody as will Arizona, we have a real famous jail here and the sherif who knows how to run one.
Rip

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Not much to say about Scott County, Tenn. It is a little remote county and the people there are backward. They do not like outsiders and are quick to shoot anyone who they feel might threaten their way of life. Just being different there is a capitol crime. I know I, also grew up there and it has not changed. I am, not suprised that people are knocked off there and forgotten about. That is the way they do things around there.
Dink

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 19, 2009
 
Seems I have heara about that county.something about a deputy being killed there a few years ago. Big stink.Lots of drugs and stuff all over these days, bad stuff going down every where.
Silver Surfer

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 21, 2009
 
Along with murders it also seems to have it`s share of sex offenders.
http://www.ihoneida.com/main/content/man-char...
Highpoint Resident

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 21, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Scott county Tennesse is the best place in the world to live. It is a place where the people who believe in God can worship and his word is still respected. People who don`t like it can leave or stay. We are a community that is proud of our heritage. Things are not covered up as claimed. We are a great community and our people are the smartest in the world, that is why we stay there, dumb people leave. People lie about us, because they are jealous of our close community. Yes we are careful about who our daughters marry, want to make sure they marry a good man. Someone who can be reiled on to uphold our community and it`s beliefs. We will continue to protect our women from outside influence. We don`t care what outsiders think about us. We know we are smart,stong and dedicated to our community.
No reason

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Scott county has gotten a little worse over the years. But, I have lived here all my life. As, for the whole Men being protective. Yeah, they are because they know what kind of trash comes in and lies to these "back woods country girls" and makes them believe that they are the best thing around and then when they get them away from the county they treat them like crap. Just leave scott county alone if you don't like it. Don't go there and don't read about it and when something is on the news about it just turn the channel. Find something better to do with your time. I would rather be a dumb redneck from Scott county and know what enjoying life is instead of some snotty little rich kid who is afraid to go out of the house if they have one hair out of place! And in a time of tragedy this community pulls together and helps each other out.
dozier

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No reason wrote:
Scott county has gotten a little worse over the years. But, I have lived here all my life. As, for the whole Men being protective. Yeah, they are because they know what kind of trash comes in and lies to these "back woods country girls" and makes them believe that they are the best thing around and then when they get them away from the county they treat them like crap. Just leave scott county alone if you don't like it. Don't go there and don't read about it and when something is on the news about it just turn the channel. Find something better to do with your time. I would rather be a dumb redneck from Scott county and know what enjoying life is instead of some snotty little rich kid who is afraid to go out of the house if they have one hair out of place! And in a time of tragedy this community pulls together and helps each other out.
I am weelaware of how close your community is, when my brother was killed there you all were very good at covering up how it happened. Over the years information has emerged as to how it went down.Evidence is another story. In any case his family has not forgotten and we are working finding the person who did it. this time no evidence but some may just turn up.

as fro being what ever from Scott county, I grew up there and I left as soon as I could. I nthink it is a dump. populated by murders and thieves. i have been stole from by peoplether and my brother killed by a person there. So don`t tell me how rightous yo all are. Yes you are tight. As for your women, I don`t need one, the world has plenty, thatb I don`t have to get killed over.

As for being a real good place tell John John Yancy`s kids that.
No reason

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dozier did you hear me sticking up for the murderers and thieves. I have no reason to stick up for trash like that. But, it is everywhere in the united states including where ever you come from or are now. I remember the deal with John John very well. And that did break my heart to hear that someone had to be such a piece of crap to do something like that. But, not everyone here can help the fact that there is idiots in this county! I don't know the situation with your brother. And, I am very sorry to hear about your brother. If it was such a cover up then why didn't you get someone else involved? A higher authority than the police dept around here? As for the whole woman thing. A woman does have the right to choose who she wants to be with. It takes two to do right or to do wrong.(I will admit it when I same something the wrong way or just plain wrong) The whole community is not responsible for what one person does or what ten people do. Like I said Dozier I am sorry about your brother. and I do hope and Pray that you find the person that done this. Because NO family deserves to go through that.
What

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

It is not that everyone in Scott County,Tenn is bad they are not. It just that it is a small place and when something happens that is unusual for that part of the country everybody hears about it.Things happen all over the country.killings are so common in somplaces , people just don`t pay any attention to it.Sad but a fact.

The big problem with Scott County is the employment situaton there are not many good paying jobs. That is why people leave. It is why I left.
Early Cuyler

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

We generally only kill relatives. Most outsiders are perfectly safe.

Considering the horrific trial taking in place in Knoxville right now, it seems hypocritical to pick on Scott County as having a predisposition for murder.
jrg

Helenwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

I live in Scott county and I'm afraid to come to come to knox county.

Zyk

“Fate is inexorable”

Since: Oct 09

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 22, 2009
 
Highpoint Resident wrote:
We are a great community and our people are the smartest in the world
LOL
whatever

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dozier wrote:
<quoted text>I am weelaware of how close your community is, when my brother was killed there you all were very good at covering up how it happened. Over the years information has emerged as to how it went down.Evidence is another story. In any case his family has not forgotten and we are working finding the person who did it. this time no evidence but some may just turn up.
as fro being what ever from Scott county, I grew up there and I left as soon as I could. I nthink it is a dump. populated by murders and thieves. i have been stole from by peoplether and my brother killed by a person there. So don`t tell me how rightous yo all are. Yes you are tight. As for your women, I don`t need one, the world has plenty, thatb I don`t have to get killed over.
As for being a real good place tell John John Yancy`s kids that.
Sorry that your brother was murdered, but not all people that live in scott county are murderers and thieves. I don't live there, but I know several that do, and they are good people. You are judging the whole county by a few sorry ones! They are murderers and theives everywhere, and if you don't realize that you are living in a hole. If you feel like your brother's murder was covered up, then you have the law enforcement there to blame. I have heard over the years that they do have some crooked cops there. Isn't about all the cops there related to the sheriff some how?
everywhere

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 28, 2009
 
Dink wrote:
Seems I have heara about that county.something about a deputy being killed there a few years ago. Big stink.Lots of drugs and stuff all over these days, bad stuff going down every where.
You are right! It's just not in Scott County. It is everywhere!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knoxville mayor, employees debate pension issues 40 min buttereye 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr WOW 9,268
deuces wild club (Dec '08) 7 hr ash 79
The Rush In South Knox 9 hr rustyshackleford 4
"Christian" Lady Vols Fans Condone Homosexuality 10 hr Darren 17
where is the EDM scene in Knoxville? 13 hr Yep 5
East TN Pain Clinic Review (Apr '10) 16 hr SeriousAs Can Be 1,064

Search the Knoxville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••