Pain Sufferer

Vonore, TN

#61 Feb 26, 2011
big t wrote:
pain sufferer answer me this yes or no do you know shelia, lol
I know a Sheila. In fact I know several. There is a Sheila that works for me.
Pain Sufferer

Vonore, TN

#62 Feb 26, 2011
bevgirl wrote:
There are pain clinics all over Georgia. And Georgia does not have the RX data base like all the neighboring states do, and the GA legislature voted not to put one into action anytime soon. Just get on the web and search. But be prepared, all pain clinics are put down, sooner or later. Eventually the government gets to all of them. If u r experiencing drug addiction and u really don't want to quit or can't , ur best bet is a methadone clinic. Best narcotic in the world, and the DEA can't close em.
O, and yes, I am one of the several junkies that post on this board. Sticks and stones MF's. U have to b real with ur self, if u know u will never stop using opiates, and u r tired of chasing the pain clinics and the dope man, try methadone. 100 a week is better than 100 a day.
<quoted text>
That is about as honest as a person can get....lol. Good for you! I hate that you feel you can't ever get off of them. I know many who have and have stayed off them. Georgia is stupid for not having a database. There is no other way to monitor controlled substances. Actually what we need is a nationwide database so clinics can see if a prospective patient has been getting narcotics filled in neighboring states. But, the government makes a s**t ton of money from drugs, legal and illegal. They have no real reason to want to monitor them. Our system is so screwed up. There are obvious answers that will help but they won't do any of it. Our government at work....
Larissa

United States

#64 Mar 1, 2011
Big T my husband was contacted by his dr. today who left Paragon to start his own clinic and they made him an appt. there so that was the reason they closed..the dr.'s did separate hopefully someone from there called you too. Good Luck!
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#65 Mar 2, 2011
bevgirl wrote:
There are pain clinics all over Georgia. And Georgia does not have the RX data base like all the neighboring states do, and the GA legislature voted not to put one into action anytime soon. Just get on the web and search. But be prepared, all pain clinics are put down, sooner or later. Eventually the government gets to all of them. If u r experiencing drug addiction and u really don't want to quit or can't , ur best bet is a methadone clinic. Best narcotic in the world, and the DEA can't close em.
O, and yes, I am one of the several junkies that post on this board. Sticks and stones MF's. U have to b real with ur self, if u know u will never stop using opiates, and u r tired of chasing the pain clinics and the dope man, try methadone. 100 a week is better than 100 a day.
<quoted text>
Never stop using opiates? Why not?
All addictions can be kicked.
But you have to accept the fact,that you will not get high again.
Some where,between the first boot,and your "last",you accepted/embraced addiction.
It is always about values,,,What do you want to value,and what do you want to lose.
patient

United States

#66 Mar 5, 2011
Help wrote:
My mother suffers from severe neck and back pain among many others. She was ateending a pain clinic in Knoxville and when she went for her appointment today, it was shut down. No warning or anything. She has been on roxycodone and I'm afraid if she doesnt find another doctor her will write her these meds she will suffer through with draw. It has taken us forever to find a medicine that acutally helps her pain. Can anyone help with some names of other pain clinics that write these type of meds. She is old and I dont want her to suffer with her pain or to suffer through with draw because this clinic failed to inform anyone they were closing so the patients could have time to find another doctor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
was the DR.S NAME START WITH "S" and maybe i can tell u where office moved....

Since: Mar 11

Corryton, TN

#67 Mar 7, 2011
As far as saying "regular doctors don't prescribe pain meds" I disagree. My primary care physician takes care of my pain management as well. A lot of times, when your Dr, won't write something for you, there's a reason. Sometimes they don't want to deal with pain management, a lot of times they know people are just looking for a high.
No More Wars 4 Israel

Knoxville, TN

#69 Mar 8, 2011
Help wrote:
I really dont appreciate that reply. She is an older lady with several problems that I will not discuss on here. She is a Kentucky resident and,well lets face it, Ky doctors really aren't any count. I do my very best to take care of my mother and I wouldn't think anyone would want their parent to suffer. I do not take meds other than over the counter. Some people generally need pain meds and it is rude to assume that EVERYONE are drugies. I would hope that if your loved one had as much pain and problems as my mother does, you would want to help her any way possible and would not want to see her suffer in any way. I asked for help, if you couldnt provide any, I'd rather you just didn't even post.
Assuming pain clinic people are druggies is common sense.
There are lots of addicts.. lots of upper middle soccer moms addicted to pills.. LOTS of them. They don't think they're addicts because they get them at the pharmacy. They're idiots, and your mom could be an addict too.

Another thing. KY doctors are no good because they're in Kentucky? Thats a rather strange statement. You sure it isn't because they wont write any more prescriptions? Although the poster you are pissed at might not have stated it politely, that is damn sure what it smells like.
Pain Sufferer

Vonore, TN

#70 Mar 8, 2011
pureFATE wrote:
As far as saying "regular doctors don't prescribe pain meds" I disagree. My primary care physician takes care of my pain management as well. A lot of times, when your Dr, won't write something for you, there's a reason. Sometimes they don't want to deal with pain management, a lot of times they know people are just looking for a high.
It is not up to the doctor to judge who is really hurting and who is not UNLESS they can prove that the person is doctor shopping. Pain is the 5th vital sign and any pain reported above a 3 is supposed to be addressed and any doctor that does not adhere to what the American Medical Association puts forth is negligent. It is the doctor's responsibility to take care the patient and that includes getting them help for a drug addiction if they need it. Not to pawn them off to someone else because they don't want to deal with it. Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't want to deal with the DEA...such a shame.

Since: Mar 11

Corryton, TN

#71 Mar 8, 2011
Pain Sufferer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not up to the doctor to judge who is really hurting and who is not UNLESS they can prove that the person is doctor shopping. Pain is the 5th vital sign and any pain reported above a 3 is supposed to be addressed and any doctor that does not adhere to what the American Medical Association puts forth is negligent. It is the doctor's responsibility to take care the patient and that includes getting them help for a drug addiction if they need it. Not to pawn them off to someone else because they don't want to deal with it. Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't want to deal with the DEA...such a shame.
It's their right to not want to deal with the dea. They have enough on them just being doctors. I wouldn't if I were a doctor, especially now a days. Again, m glad my dr. Takes care of my pain management. I couldn't imagine having to go to a pain clinic full of pill heads trying to get high. I know there are some legit patients at these places, but there are more junkies than legit suffering people. Bottom line.
Pain Sufferer

Vonore, TN

#72 Mar 10, 2011
pureFATE wrote:
<quoted text>
It's their right to not want to deal with the dea. They have enough on them just being doctors. I wouldn't if I were a doctor, especially now a days. Again, m glad my dr. Takes care of my pain management. I couldn't imagine having to go to a pain clinic full of pill heads trying to get high. I know there are some legit patients at these places, but there are more junkies than legit suffering people. Bottom line.
Kudos to YOUR doctor for taking care of YOUR pain. But what about all the other people that are in chronic pain whose primary care physicians won't treat chronic pain?? You act better than them and that's not right. They have just as much right to have their pain treated as you do. If it is a pain clinic that they have to go to then so be it. YES, there are some bad clinics out there but if they are ran correctly most of the so called "piil heads" will be weaned out swiftly. They may get in because they have legitimate pain issues but they will be booted if they don't follow their contract. I spoke with my local DEA agent. He also knows there is a need for pain management and thank goodness he is not judging anyone. The DEA is not bad. They have a tremendous job to do. Doctors should not shirk their sworn oath to "cause no harm" just because they don't want to deal with the DEA. They are causing harm when they do not treat pain appropriately. Depression can be caused by pain. People end their lives because they can't stand the pain anymore. So how is not treating them because they are afraid of the DEA right?? Answer: It'S NOT!
Allen Johnson

Maryville, TN

#73 Mar 10, 2011
Pain Sufferer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to YOUR doctor for taking care of YOUR pain. But what about all the other people that are in chronic pain whose primary care physicians won't treat chronic pain?? You act better than them and that's not right. They have just as much right to have their pain treated as you do. If it is a pain clinic that they have to go to then so be it. YES, there are some bad clinics out there but if they are ran correctly most of the so called "piil heads" will be weaned out swiftly. They may get in because they have legitimate pain issues but they will be booted if they don't follow their contract. I spoke with my local DEA agent. He also knows there is a need for pain management and thank goodness he is not judging anyone. The DEA is not bad. They have a tremendous job to do. Doctors should not shirk their sworn oath to "cause no harm" just because they don't want to deal with the DEA. They are causing harm when they do not treat pain appropriately. Depression can be caused by pain. People end their lives because they can't stand the pain anymore. So how is not treating them because they are afraid of the DEA right?? Answer: It'S NOT!
Oh, bullshit. That's crap and you know it. These fly-by-night pain centers that are run by low rent docs and shady NPs are nothing but pill-head central and frequented by junkies that hide behind "pain". Most docs just recognize when it has become an addiction.
For STUPIED AJ

Johnson City, TN

#74 Mar 10, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't care if you like it or not. If you mother is in real pain, take her to a physician. Heres some real help. Go take her to a doctor. He or she will manage the pain. Of course this means he will write prescriptions that he KNOWS will be tracked by DEA. People in pain don't come on the internet asking about every pain clinic in the damn state. They go to healthcare providers. Oh, you say pain clinics are healthcare providers. Then by all means go look one up in the phone book and get an appointment.
Allen Johnson you sound mad because you can't get drugs. I work with people that have had a drug problem and i think you have one. As for the lady who is looking for a doctor for her mother i know what you mean. It is very hard to find a doctor that will help when someone is in pain. This is because of people like AJ
they use every doctor they can find so it makes it had for the ones that need it. Good luck in finding a doctor oh and by the way ALLEN a doctor will refer you to a pain clinic
Learn2facts

Bowling Green, KY

#75 Mar 10, 2011
Just got thru reading all these posts and wow .. Allen you are really getting all your facts messed up .. for 1 these post is talkin about paragon and you keep refering to the NP Wright who owns new hope pain not paragon 2 totally diff facilitys.
Now you do understand that in every office there is going to be good ones an bad ones .. but from your narrow minded view you see all of them as bad and everyone that goes there druggies which is far fetched from the truth... most good pain manangent will take referals from a doctor.. now if thats the case then why wold doctors from primary care send the PTs to a pain management if it wasnt legit? There is diff pain management facilitys all over you just have to call around or google them .. most require you have a PC doctor and a recent MRI with a referel from your PC. there is one in lenoir city that opened and also another off John Sevier Hwy in knoxville called Prefered Pain Care..

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#76 Mar 10, 2011
Learn2facts wrote:
Just got thru reading all these posts and wow .. Allen you are really getting all your facts messed up .. for 1 these post is talkin about paragon and you keep refering to the NP Wright who owns new hope pain not paragon 2 totally diff facilitys.
Now you do understand that in every office there is going to be good ones an bad ones .. but from your narrow minded view you see all of them as bad and everyone that goes there druggies which is far fetched from the truth... most good pain manangent will take referals from a doctor.. now if thats the case then why wold doctors from primary care send the PTs to a pain management if it wasnt legit? There is diff pain management facilitys all over you just have to call around or google them .. most require you have a PC doctor and a recent MRI with a referel from your PC. there is one in lenoir city that opened and also another off John Sevier Hwy in knoxville called Prefered Pain Care..
Not true dumbass, You obviously didn't read very closely. I said that MANY are run by low rent docs or shady NPs, which they are. Look at the number of busts and continue to watch how many goes down in the future. People tell me there;s on in Vonore about to fall.
Learn2facts

Bowling Green, KY

#77 Mar 10, 2011
Minuteman wrote:
<quoted text>Not true dumbass, You obviously didn't read very closely. I said that MANY are run by low rent docs or shady NPs, which they are. Look at the number of busts and continue to watch how many goes down in the future. People tell me there;s on in Vonore about to fall.
I was not refering to you but thats ok .. your a media worshiper anyways soo who cares ... so Obviously you did not read mine either like I said there is good places and bad and the only way to tell is ask as many questions as you can..
in tazewell

New Tazewell, TN

#78 Mar 10, 2011
big t wrote:
pain sufferer answer me this yes or no do you know shelia, lol
i would like to find out where my doc dr yates went to from paragon
in tazewell

New Tazewell, TN

#79 Mar 10, 2011
patient wrote:
<quoted text>was the DR.S NAME START WITH "S" and maybe i can tell u where office moved....
im lookin for dr.r. yates from there was a good doctor
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#80 Mar 11, 2011
A good example how addictive most pain killers(aka narcotics)are,is the former judge Baumgartner.
When a judge buys pill dope from a felon,you know that these pills are runaway addictive.
Pain Sufferer

Vonore, TN

#81 Mar 11, 2011
Minuteman wrote:
<quoted text>Not true dumbass, You obviously didn't read very closely. I said that MANY are run by low rent docs or shady NPs, which they are. Look at the number of busts and continue to watch how many goes down in the future. People tell me there;s on in Vonore about to fall.
You obviously are getting your information from inadequate sources. Vonore has only been open for 2 months so how could it be "about to fall??" Considering Vonore insists on a Dr. referral, MRI or CT, Doctors records AND a background check. What are they doing wrong??? People just love to gossip and this is just another avenue for them to do it. Do you really believe everything you hear??
Allen Johnson

Maryville, TN

#82 Mar 11, 2011
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
A good example how addictive most pain killers(aka narcotics)are,is the former judge Baumgartner.
When a judge buys pill dope from a felon,you know that these pills are runaway addictive.
Exactly. That's what these pushers rely on. Get them hooked and keep them dangling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Lillelid murders: remembering a crime that ... (Oct '07) 1 hr RE ROMAN 46
stop stealing stuff. 3 hr jim 4
car wreck 12/17/2014 6 hr Timmy 2
Victoria Secret Today 6 hr Donny 2
Butch Jones 9 hr pedro 11
Who is the best disability lawyer in Knoxville? (Nov '12) Sat Anne 21
Who is HRComp (Mar '13) Sat Only The Greatest 11
Knoxville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:47 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:47PM
Falcons eliminate Saints 30-14, setting up Panthers showdown
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 4:04 PM
Highlights, Recap for Pats vs. Jets