Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

Were these two men, and I use that term loosely, not even arrested? If they were, did they post bond? Or is this criminal matter being handled strictly "in house" by LMU?

Sounds all too reminscent of a young pregnant Marine from Camp LeJeune who was forced to confront her rapist day in and day out, until one day in December her life and that of her unborn child came to an abrupt, horrific end and later both bodies were found burned in a back yard barbeque pit.

What is this world coming to? It is no wonder more woman don't come forward and report rapes and sexual attacks. Why would LMU not take this more serious? Could it be because of the Duke University fiasco of last year, maybe?

I feel your pain, frustration and anger over how your daughter and family are being treated. My only advice to you is not to give up. Keep your heads and strength, and fight this to the end!!!
Good luck and God bless your daughter!!!!
Justice

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

P.S. If they were arrested or if there has been any media coverage on this incident could you please post those links here as well?
LMU Gang Rape

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

LMU did not do anything about this until it was made aware to the public, first on a local radio station in Middlesboro, KY. The victim, called (from what I understand,) The Claiborne Co. Sheriffs dept. Anyway, after some people started discussing it on topix,(LOOK UNDER HARROGATE, TN and then this topic) Harrogate, TN
LMU Students and employees beware, after that LMU decided to have a mandatory safety class and this was reported on channel 6, wate, I have also listed that link as well. I think this will take you to the site. http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...
If not just go to a search engine and type in Mandatory safety class at LMU after alleged rape
WATE
Justice wrote:
P.S. If they were arrested or if there has been any media coverage on this incident could you please post those links here as well?
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

they were not arrested, they have scholorships from LMU i guess they are still playing basketball. They are still attending classes according to the victims mother in this article on the internet. She even provides pictures of these ball players. Look for yourself at the site.
www.phoenixflyingnow.com
LMU Gang Rape

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

they were not arrested, they have scholorships from LMU i guess they are still playing basketball. They are still attending classes according to the victims mother in this article on the internet. She even provides pictures of these ball players. Look for yourself at the site.
www.phoenixflyingnow.com

“CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?”

Since: Feb 07

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

LMU Gang Rape wrote:
LMU did not do anything about this until it was made aware to the public, first on a local radio station in Middlesboro, KY. The victim, called (from what I understand,) The Claiborne Co. Sheriffs dept. Anyway, after some people started discussing it on topix,(LOOK UNDER HARROGATE, TN and then this topic) Harrogate, TN
LMU Students and employees beware, after that LMU decided to have a mandatory safety class and this was reported on channel 6, wate, I have also listed that link as well. I think this will take you to the site. http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...
If not just go to a search engine and type in Mandatory safety class at LMU after alleged rape
WATE
<quoted text>
Get contact names/numbers if you will, and I'll start making calls tomorrow. I know Pete and his family.
LMU Gang Rape

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Go to this website that the mother provided. You can leave her your comment directly there. I am sure she will provide them for you. As for Pete helping, I doubt that. She has already had contact with him. He did nothing.
2Spunky_Knoxville TN wrote:
<quoted text>Get contact names/numbers if you will, and I'll start making calls tomorrow. I know Pete and his family.

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

LMU Gang Rape wrote:
Go to this website that the mother provided. You can leave her your comment directly there. I am sure she will provide them for you. As for Pete helping, I doubt that. She has already had contact with him. He did nothing.<quoted text>
He hasn't had enough people on his a$$ about it...YET.{smiles} With people like him, you can't MAKE them help...you have to make them WANT to. His son and I train together...I'll talk to him tomorrow. Also, as a Topix Editor, I've pulled the WATE article and posted it to keep it in the public's view. It doesn't look as though it was posted when it was written in March. I'll keep it in the spotlight for the victim and her family.
Rape LMU Campus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

I am sure the victim and her family will appreciate that. As for Pete and LMU, they would like to forget it ever happened. Sweep it under the rug, so to speak...
<quoted text>He hasn't had enough people on his a$$ about it...YET.{smiles} With people like him, you can't MAKE them help...you have to make them WANT to. His son and I train together...I'll talk to him tomorrow. Also, as a Topix Editor, I've pulled the WATE article and posted it to keep it in the public's view. It doesn't look as though it was posted when it was written in March. I'll keep it in the spotlight for the victim and her family.

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

Rape LMU Campus wrote:
I am sure the victim and her family will appreciate that. As for Pete and LMU, they would like to forget it ever happened. Sweep it under the rug, so to speak...<quoted text>
This one will not be...check out the new news articles posted...

http://www.topix.com/city/knoxville-tn
Landin

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

<quoted text>He hasn't had enough people on his a$$ about it...YET.{smiles} With people like him, you can't MAKE them help...you have to make them WANT to. His son and I train together...I'll talk to him tomorrow. Also, as a Topix Editor, I've pulled the WATE article and posted it to keep it in the public's view. It doesn't look as though it was posted when it was written in March. I'll keep it in the spotlight for the victim and her family.
Please keep this spotlighted...it has been swept under the rug in our county. But then again our sherrif has been indicted for rape..David Ray...and he is still the acting sheriff...it must be "OK" to rape women in Claiborne County.

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Landin wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep this spotlighted...it has been swept under the rug in our county. But then again our sherrif has been indicted for rape..David Ray...and he is still the acting sheriff...it must be "OK" to rape women in Claiborne County.
WILL DO! It is not ok in ANY county!!
Wigger please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

two people is not a gang

I bet she liked it but then got mad because they didn't take her to breakfast..as promised.
Justice

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

<quoted text>WILL DO! It is not ok in ANY county!!
Who is Pete? Someone affiliated with LMU?
Justice

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Landin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the David Ray? What is going on with him? Has he been indicted on these charges? When is his trial? This was a 17 year old that he elledegedly held a gun on? WOW! I definitely don't want to live or even visit Claiborne County anytime soon!!! YeeHaw...
LMU Alleged Rape

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Pete DeBusk. He owns DeRoyal, the thinks he owns LMU his name is on DCOM the new medical school at LMU. He is chairman of the board. You will find many comments abount him on topix, especially in the Harrogate, and Tazewell Tn forum.
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Wigger please wrote:
two people is not a gang
I bet she liked it but then got mad because they didn't take her to breakfast..as promised.
You never do take them to breakfast afterwards, do you Brian?

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete Debusk...has the Gi-mongous house out in Powell...owns DeRoyal Industries. The man who the new medical wing at LMU is named after...

TOPIX EDITOR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
You can probably find pics of his "home" on the net somewhere. He's got what he calls a "lodge" on the grounds that's separate from the "main house." The lodge is as big and nice as a small hotel...beautifully decorated. I've been to a lot of fun events at that lodge. It's great to have all that money, and all the beautiful things he has, but I've never thought him to be a particularly happy person. That's just my opinion, of course, but his smile never quite reaches his eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of232
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Places to rent, private landlords (Feb '12) 1 hr tenants 5
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr C Clark 58,249
Buy Here Pay Here Car Dealerships? (Feb '12) 1 hr consumer 10
Pain Clinic 2 hr Mad Mike 21
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr C Clark 8,464
Dr. Robert Sarlo (Jun '13) 6 hr want to live 13
Housing for homeless often unnoticed (Jan '09) 13 hr Amber Lynn 7
•••
•••
•••
Knoxville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
•••