How Uganda became a big-time - thieving nation'

Mar 27, 2009 Full story: Daily Monitor 13

Old and young, for years musicians have sang about the virtues of hard work. One of the recent notes for honest industry have been struck by our own Tshila in her CD Sipping from the Nile.

Full Story
DAK

Aberdeen, UK

#1 Mar 27, 2009
That explains my recent experience when shamelessly a so-called friend deceived me of some funds.
kizito

Claremont, CA

#2 Mar 28, 2009
Commander of thieves M7
Stealing MD Bukenya
Cronies carry the corruption virus.
Spinners (Moses Byaruhanga) political prostitutes.
MPs juckyard of cowards without spine.
Military used security guards.
Ugandans no guts sleeping dogs no cry for help.
Uganda rotting and decaying!
Meli

Greece

#3 May 5, 2009
When the fish spoils, it spoils head first. That's how uganda became a major thieving country. Now that it has been internationally recognized as one, the rulers can take their negative praises, (which are by the way positive in their culture) and go home.
Ronin

Jefferson, GA

#4 May 5, 2009
You guys do relize that Uganda is a dirt poor war torn hell hole right? So the fact that they must steal to survive is pretty commen place.
DAK

UK

#5 May 9, 2009
Meli wrote:
When the fish spoils, it spoils head first. That's how uganda became a major thieving country. Now that it has been internationally recognized as one, the rulers can take their negative praises,(which are by the way positive in their culture) and go home.
Meli thinks that only her Baganda tribe's hands are not tainted. Where would thieves who are also Baganda go? Someone told me that many thieves have already left Uganda.

Criminality should be dealth with by the government but if many in government are indulging or have lost confidence of the populace then it is sad matter affairs for the country.
Meli

Athens, Greece

#6 May 9, 2009
DAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Meli thinks that only her Baganda tribe's hands are not tainted. Where would thieves who are also Baganda go? Someone told me that many thieves have already left Uganda.
Criminality should be dealth with by the government but if many in government are indulging or have lost confidence of the populace then it is sad matter affairs for the country.
You don't know Meli. You don't know what Meli thinks. You don't know where Meli comes from. You just make assumptions, and I don't know if anyone finds that interesting. You seem to have a problem Dak, staying on the subject. It take courage I know, but it's such a pity because when you do you sometimes make some good points. My advice is, when you feel dubious, ask for some evidence. If you don't get it, settle for a draw, on the grounds of lack of evidence. Otherwise, you set yourself up for embarrasment.

I think all natives of every single corner of the world agree, that if a newcomer is bad mannered, he/she better hit the road. Even the most immigrant tolerant societies deport criminals. Save for Saudi Arabia that amputates thieves and fornicators. While China, Singapore etc.. puts drug trafficers on the deathrow.
DAK

London, UK

#7 May 16, 2009
Meli wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know Meli. You don't know what Meli thinks. You don't know where Meli comes from. You just make assumptions, and I don't know if anyone finds that interesting. You seem to have a problem Dak, staying on the subject. It take courage I know, but it's such a pity because when you do you sometimes make some good points. My advice is, when you feel dubious, ask for some evidence. If you don't get it, settle for a draw, on the grounds of lack of evidence. Otherwise, you set yourself up for embarrasment.
I think all natives of every single corner of the world agree, that if a newcomer is bad mannered, he/she better hit the road. Even the most immigrant tolerant societies deport criminals. Save for Saudi Arabia that amputates thieves and fornicators. While China, Singapore etc.. puts drug trafficers on the deathrow.
It is how I phrased it. Okay then Meli "assumes" not "thinks"!
kizito

Claremont, CA

#8 May 16, 2009
The president does not want to retire because his game of stealing will come to an end.
fred

Kampala, Uganda

#9 May 22, 2009
Now….you people should know stealing is the order of the day here. Nothing works without stealing a little. From the police, army, the stupid minters, the mps, I tell u everything body is a thieve here [including myself]. It’s very acceptable to steal and to be a thieve in Uganda; therefore stealing here is a respectable act. If you do not steal you are either an out cast or some one from a different soil.

So what if they rank Uganda as a number 1 thieving nation…who cares? No body cares. After all, this country is built on thieving money. Those old “clean” morals are indeed things of the past. Now we live in a new era: an era to steal to survive. You either eat or you get eaten.
DAK

Liverpool, UK

#10 May 22, 2009
fred wrote:
Now….you people should know stealing is the order of the day here. Nothing works without stealing a little. From the police, army, the stupid minters, the mps, I tell u everything body is a thieve here [including myself]. It’s very acceptable to steal and to be a thieve in Uganda; therefore stealing here is a respectable act. If you do not steal you are either an out cast or some one from a different soil.
So what if they rank Uganda as a number 1 thieving nation…who cares? No body cares. After all, this country is built on thieving money. Those old “clean” morals are indeed things of the past. Now we live in a new era: an era to steal to survive. You either eat or you get eaten.
If what you say is true in main then Uganda's future is bleak. Nations are built and socio -economic lives thrive in some moral semblence.

Since: Jun 09

Kampala, Uganda

#12 Jun 1, 2009
kizito wrote:
Commander of thieves M7
Stealing MD Bukenya
Cronies carry the corruption virus.
Spinners (Moses Byaruhanga) political prostitutes.
MPs juckyard of cowards without spine.
Military used security guards.
Ugandans no guts sleeping dogs no cry for help.
Uganda rotting and decaying!
Looking for individuals that write blogs. View the left hand side of our Twitter profile for more info. Feel free to re-tweet to others.Here come Cheap from America homophobia www.twitter.com/jjingob just watch about your self.You might irritate others

Since: Jun 09

Kampala, Uganda

#13 Jun 1, 2009
Here is an other music for playing !Looking for individuals that write blogs. View the left hand side of our Twitter profile for more info. Feel free to re-tweet to others.Here come Cheap from America homophobia www.twitter.com/jjingob
Samuel Jjingob

Kampala, Uganda

#15 Jun 16, 2010
UGANDA OYE +256772492280 http://www.google.co.ug/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asae, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asian Neighbors Wary of China, Uncertain About ... Dec 22 CAPNHUCLIMDRUCHAR... 62
Is Japan the missing link in China's grand Asia... Nov 30 Switches 16
Dare to Ask: Do Native Americans have facial an... (Sep '09) Nov '14 mike 109
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Sep '14 SHlTWORMEXIMNAUDE... 44
How Lady Gaga Finally Delighted Nationalists in... Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 66
Dialogue among cultures is a prerequisite for A... Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 2
Envy of Chinese kids is bad for U.S. and for China Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:56 pm PST