Catholic Church Faces Disruption and Banishment as Irish Cardinal Set to Resign

May 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Salem-News.com

Salem-News.com is the premiere Independent Online Newsgroup in the United States.

Comments
1 - 20 of 121 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

GOOD.
Since the pope refuses to do anything about those pedophile priests, the PUBLIC will.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

justachristian1 wrote:
GOOD.
Since the pope refuses to do anything about those pedophile priests, the PUBLIC will.
Yes, somebody has to do SOMETHING. Do you remember when Ratzi made the statement that the church is being persecuted like never before?? Those CHILD VICTIMS are the persecuted.

Oh, and I like the way ol' Ratzi cries on cue. Just like Pat Robertson.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KARMA is coming around right now.

Abuse cases worldwide, finger pointing by all the players, just a matter of time before one of these bishops/cardinals finally breaks down and says "the pope told us to keep quiet"

Its going to be devastating!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, somebody has to do SOMETHING. Do you remember when Ratzi made the statement that the church is being persecuted like never before?? Those CHILD VICTIMS are the persecuted.
Oh, and I like the way ol' Ratzi cries on cue. Just like Pat Robertson.
Well, Sherlayne, I must admit I don't understand you ... one minute, you agree with the errors of romanism, yet in another forum, you said you were delighted your next grandchild will be raised in the romanist religion.
Are the lines of communication crossing somewhere?
Sorry if I sound frustrated, but we wither dislike the religion or we don't!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Michael wrote:
KARMA is coming around right now.
Abuse cases worldwide, finger pointing by all the players, just a matter of time before one of these bishops/cardinals finally breaks down and says "the pope told us to keep quiet"
Its going to be devastating!
and popey boy will be really ticked when they refuse to keep quiet!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Sherlayne, I must admit I don't understand you ... one minute, you agree with the errors of romanism, yet in another forum, you said you were delighted your next grandchild will be raised in the romanist religion.
Are the lines of communication crossing somewhere?
Sorry if I sound frustrated, but we wither dislike the religion or we don't!
It's okay - I think I admitted I didn't understand it myself; I surprised myself. I think my happiness about it is due to that they will include SOME religion in their lives; and it's obvious I'm still very brainwashed on the Baptism rite. My son and his wife are very open-minded; they are both psychologists. No superstition in either of them. There are many, many things about Romanism I know are wrong; I guess I'm just thinking some religion is better than none...I would be just as happy no matter what religion they'd chosen. I don't try to influence them ever as I believe in freedom of religion. I hope I have been able to convey my feelings on this; if I haven't, don't hesitate to ask me more questions. Going to take a nap now but will be back later.
PAUL SHYKORA Arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

..toooooooooooooooo many lie's,here.....(-)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

PAUL SHYKORA Arts wrote:
..toooooooooooooooo many lie's,here.....(-)
Oh, do tell which are lies and who's doing the lying?

Have a lovely evening.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Sherlayne, I must admit I don't understand you ... one minute, you agree with the errors of romanism, yet in another forum, you said you were delighted your next grandchild will be raised in the romanist religion.
Are the lines of communication crossing somewhere?
Sorry if I sound frustrated, but we wither dislike the religion or we don't!
justa, I realized something important today about myself that I'd like to share with you next time we're online here together. I'd watched a tv show earlier this afternoon and it was kind of a revelation to me. I can explain myself better to you, and to me :) Hugs, hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 6, 2012
 
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
It's okay - I think I admitted I didn't understand it myself; I surprised myself. I think my happiness about it is due to that they will include SOME religion in their lives; and it's obvious I'm still very brainwashed on the Baptism rite. My son and his wife are very open-minded; they are both psychologists. No superstition in either of them. There are many, many things about Romanism I know are wrong; I guess I'm just thinking some religion is better than none...I would be just as happy no matter what religion they'd chosen. I don't try to influence them ever as I believe in freedom of religion. I hope I have been able to convey my feelings on this; if I haven't, don't hesitate to ask me more questions. Going to take a nap now but will be back later.
Have a good nap -- catch you later :)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

PAUL SHYKORA Arts wrote:
..toooooooooooooooo many lie's,here.....(-)
Fine -- then feel free to LEAVE.
Who 'forced' you to come here?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Michael wrote:
KARMA is coming around right now.
Abuse cases worldwide, finger pointing by all the players, just a matter of time before one of these bishops/cardinals finally breaks down and says "the pope told us to keep quiet"
Its going to be devastating!
The popes have known. They've been covering for each and lying their azzes off forever. The collapse of the RCC will happen.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>The popes have known. They've been covering for each and lying their azzes off forever. The collapse of the RCC will happen.
Yup -- it's already begun. Their azzes will never be the same again!!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
justa, I realized something important today about myself that I'd like to share with you next time we're online here together. I'd watched a tv show earlier this afternoon and it was kind of a revelation to me. I can explain myself better to you, and to me :) Hugs, hope to talk to you tomorrow.
I'ze here .. I guess you izzn't. Maybe 2morrow :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'ze here .. I guess you izzn't. Maybe 2morrow :)
Hi justa - I'm finally here. I realized yesterday afternoon after watching a tv show why I come to this forum. It's true I find the RCC's dogma impossible to understand, let alone believe, at times, but since I converted at a young age I do have some fond memories. Anyway, the show I watched was "Who Was Jesus?"

I have a very hard time believing ANY dead body ever came back to life which is why I can't declare myself a Christian at this point in time. But I knew yesterday that my coming to a Christian forum is because I DO want to know who Jesus was. I've always said His teaching are amazing, especially the way He tried so hard to encourage unconditional love (which we only witness from a precious few here) and I am fascinated by Him. I know others before Him, quite a few, proclaimed THEY were born of a virgin, were the Son of God, etc., but Jesus seems somehow different. Romanism is...well, you know. I was a kid when I converted but I can't say I regret getting SOME religion in my life - even if I've changed my beliefs years later. I came from a Presby. family who went to church on Easter or Christmas (maybe). My parents did not object. I was young, vulnerable (my dear stepdad was dying) and I was reaching out, but the two priests and one nun who instructed me were wonderful people. I remember being gloriously happy but I questioned NOTHING. If a priest said it, it had to be true.

So, did I answer your questions about me? Feel free to ask me whatever you want; I love conversing with you! Hope to see you tomorrow - I had (another) rough day today so I rested a lot. Husband is doing all right but it bothers me that his recovery seems to be taking so LONG. However, he IS almost 71 years old; neither of us is a spring chicken, LOL. I'm taking extra good care of him; I love him so very much. His nurse will come one more time and then she's going to release him.

Did you see any of my posts telling we're going to be grandparents in Oct? My poor DIL miscarried last Aug; this pregnancy seems to be going very well. It's prob. a boy; they'll know for sure in 2 more weeks. My DIL is a tiny little thing and looks so cute with her "baby bump".

Love ya, justa.
IwishIhadagardab adge

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Religion,like countries with physical borders,
are dying a slow death,and the sooner the better.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

IwishIhadagardabadge wrote:
Religion,like countries with physical borders,
are dying a slow death,and the sooner the better.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, religon has done nothin other than beat the fear into us and stop the evolution. Not any more i tell ya, no kid a mine will be christianed into into these sick cults. GLORIFIED CULTS bah live ur own life at ur own pace and sleep in on sunday, fuuck morning mass :p

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 8, 2012
 
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi justa - I'm finally here. I realized yesterday afternoon after watching a tv show why I come to this forum. It's true I find the RCC's dogma impossible to understand, let alone believe, at times, but since I converted at a young age I do have some fond memories. Anyway, the show I watched was "Who Was Jesus?"
I have a very hard time believing ANY dead body ever came back to life which is why I can't declare myself a Christian at this point in time. But I knew yesterday that my coming to a Christian forum is because I DO want to know who Jesus was. I've always said His teaching are amazing, especially the way He tried so hard to encourage unconditional love (which we only witness from a precious few here) and I am fascinated by Him. I know others before Him, quite a few, proclaimed THEY were born of a virgin, were the Son of God, etc., but Jesus seems somehow different. Romanism is...well, you know. I was a kid when I converted but I can't say I regret getting SOME religion in my life - even if I've changed my beliefs years later. I came from a Presby. family who went to church on Easter or Christmas (maybe). My parents did not object. I was young, vulnerable (my dear stepdad was dying) and I was reaching out, but the two priests and one nun who instructed me were wonderful people. I remember being gloriously happy but I questioned NOTHING. If a priest said it, it had to be true.
So, did I answer your questions about me? Feel free to ask me whatever you want; I love conversing with you! Hope to see you tomorrow - I had (another) rough day today so I rested a lot. Husband is doing all right but it bothers me that his recovery seems to be taking so LONG. However, he IS almost 71 years old; neither of us is a spring chicken, LOL. I'm taking extra good care of him; I love him so very much. His nurse will come one more time and then she's going to release him.
Did you see any of my posts telling we're going to be grandparents in Oct? My poor DIL miscarried last Aug; this pregnancy seems to be going very well. It's prob. a boy; they'll know for sure in 2 more weeks. My DIL is a tiny little thing and looks so cute with her "baby bump".
Love ya, justa.
So sorry to hear your hubby is not doing so well... hope and pray all will improve for both of you.
Sherl, I CAN understand why you have problems with some memories of the religion you left. It's not an easy thing. One Baptist church I was a member of began taking on strange practices, and I left it ... it took a long time to get over it, and in some ways, I am still not completely over it.
You can only go as God leads you.
I hope all will improve for you, and that will God will continue to bless you and yours.
Keeping you in my prayers...
Pax et Bonum

Ravenna, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine -- then feel free to LEAVE.
Who 'forced' you to come here?
Yes, it's so much easier to wallow in your ignorance when those who know better leave.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it's so much easier to wallow in your ignorance when those who know better leave.
You think Paul 'knows better'? you're as nuts as he is!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Dublin, Ireland Forum right now

Search the Dublin, Ireland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
chariesheen? 18 hr booklover1234 37
Drunk passenger mistakes plane door for bathroo... Jul 25 OnlyPatchWork 6
new underground Jul 24 SecureYourSmelf 3
Lovely tweed der Jul 24 eire black 7
Orcem plans 'green' cement plant on Mare Island Jul 23 sad sack sammie 9
Irish people did NOT build NYC Jul 21 DestaniWithanI 5
Irish people Jul 21 ProIrish 1
•••
•••