La. under state of emergency as Hurricane Ida strengthens

Full story: USA Today 16
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal declared a state of emergency Sunday as the U.S. Gulf Coast braced for the arrival of Hurricane Ida, which was making its way across the Gulf of Mexico as a Category 2 storm. Full Story
SpacemanSpiff

Jacksonville, AL

#1 Nov 8, 2009
Always the reactionary, Bobby Jindal springs into action anytime there are news cameras to be lured. The storm is MUCH more likely to affect MS, AL and FL than it is LA. I have a condo in Gulf Shores, AL (I'm not rich--believe me, I'm selling it when I can), but when Ivan was hours from landfall, the ex-cheerleader on the Weather Channel said it 'looked like the hurricane would make landfall somewhere between Mississippi and Florida' while pointing to a map. "Somewhere between," it turns out, was the much-larger-than-Rhode Island-sized portion of Alabama that sits on the gulf coast (between and bordering MS and FL). I hope Utility companies, etc. have the sense to send people to the right area--including Louisiana--when Ida hits, rather than paying attention to Jindal's grandstanding. Considering how ignorant southerners are portrayed in the media, it's quite ironic how ignorant others (such as the Weather Channel Fembot) are in turn about a huge region of the country. In no way do I wish to minimize Louisiana's importance or vigilance, especially since Bush botched aid and cleanup after Katrina, but...sorry, Jindal's just so publicity hungry sometimes.
DANG

Osceola, AR

#2 Nov 8, 2009
This doesn't sound too good!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#4 Nov 8, 2009
acorn obama wrote:
better to wait like democrap mayor nagan and keep all da peoples in town when he could have evacuated the city on school busses that went empty! and thousands died from his mistake - typical democrap!
now nagan has what he wanted a chocolate city & jefferson gots his $90,000 from his 'orleans freezer!
better to wait again like nagan did last time and put his chocolate idiots at risk of death as the storm nears!
Will history repeat itself ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#5 Nov 8, 2009
National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans

&fe ature=related
I am just saying

United States

#6 Nov 8, 2009
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Always the reactionary, Bobby Jindal springs into action anytime there are news cameras to be lured. The storm is MUCH more likely to affect MS, AL and FL than it is LA. I have a condo in Gulf Shores, AL (I'm not rich--believe me, I'm selling it when I can), but when Ivan was hours from landfall, the ex-cheerleader on the Weather Channel said it 'looked like the hurricane would make landfall somewhere between Mississippi and Florida' while pointing to a map. "Somewhere between," it turns out, was the much-larger-than-Rhode Island-sized portion of Alabama that sits on the gulf coast (between and bordering MS and FL). I hope Utility companies, etc. have the sense to send people to the right area--including Louisiana--when Ida hits, rather than paying attention to Jindal's grandstanding. Considering how ignorant southerners are portrayed in the media, it's quite ironic how ignorant others (such as the Weather Channel Fembot) are in turn about a huge region of the country. In no way do I wish to minimize Louisiana's importance or vigilance, especially since Bush botched aid and cleanup after Katrina, but...sorry, Jindal's just so publicity hungry sometimes.
Bet they blame Bush for this one too.....might as well throw the inept handling on the swine flu vacination distribution on Bush while they're at it. DUMDO EARS is to busy thinking about who he can blame the surrendr in Afgahnistan.
A little wind and rain

Camarillo, CA

#7 Nov 8, 2009
Everyone panicking over a little rain and wind. Come on people, get out an umbrella!!
SpacemanSpiff

Jacksonville, AL

#8 Nov 8, 2009
A little wind and rain wrote:
Everyone panicking over a little rain and wind. Come on people, get out an umbrella!!
I doubt you've ever lost a relative (one you had some attachment to) in a hurricane or tornado...or faced skyrocketing insurance premiums, property damage,etc...you must not live near the coast.
I am just saying

United States

#9 Nov 8, 2009
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you've ever lost a relative (one you had some attachment to) in a hurricane or tornado...or faced skyrocketing insurance premiums, property damage,etc...you must not live near the coast.
You gotta be kiddin' me! It's not like a earthquake, you get 3-5 days notice to get out of dodge. If you don't, you're on your own.
DANG

Osceola, AR

#10 Nov 8, 2009
A little wind and rain wrote:
Everyone panicking over a little rain and wind. Come on people, get out an umbrella!!
Apparently an umbrella didn't help anybody much during Katrina,and,umbrellas didn't prevent the deaths of 91 people already from Ida in ElSalvador.
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 8, 2009
our prayers are with them, hope them well
SpacemanSpiff

Jacksonville, AL

#12 Nov 8, 2009
I am just saying wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be kiddin' me! It's not like a earthquake, you get 3-5 days notice to get out of dodge. If you don't, you're on your own.
Never Freaking Mind.
I am just saying

United States

#13 Nov 8, 2009
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Never Freaking Mind.
Sorry, didn't mean to jump on you like that......just in a fowell mood.
6-Sigma

Imperial Beach, CA

#14 Nov 8, 2009
Where Is My America wrote:
National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sm5PC7z79-8XX&feature=rel ated
2nd Amendment? What 2nd Amendment, in Obama's "new" America the government will protect you from yourself (and protect you from success, liberty, independent thought and self determination).
guitar picker

Summerdale, AL

#15 Nov 8, 2009
State of Emergency?? might not even make landfall as a Cat 1; the sky is falling, not chicken little, but more like chicken sh.t

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#16 Nov 9, 2009
6-Sigma wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd Amendment? What 2nd Amendment, in Obama's "new" America the government will protect you from yourself (and protect you from success, liberty, independent thought and self determination).
Well said , thank you.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#17 Nov 9, 2009
I am just saying wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be kiddin' me! It's not like a earthquake, you get 3-5 days notice to get out of dodge. If you don't, you're on your own.
You are the winner of the stupid post of the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Ida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Potential Tropical Development in the Eastern P... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Anonymous 1
Hurricane watch issued for coastal La., Miss. (Jul '10) Jul '10 maybe HAARP cause 1
Documents: BP cut corners in days before blowout (Jun '10) Jun '10 Republicans 2
Report shows BP cut corners | The Columbus Disp... (Jun '10) Jun '10 The Red Raider 24
BP cut corners before spill (Jun '10) Jun '10 Al Reine 1
BP cut corners in days before oil rig blowout, ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Like BP cares 23
National Hurricane Center considers adding stor... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Miss Carroll 1
More from around the web