Police seek owner in Craiglist rental dispute

As many as 30 families possibly lost thousands of dollars each after responding to an online ad on Craigslist to rent a home. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
American Citizen

Mission, TX

#64 Jun 20, 2008
martscan wrote:
Amer Cit:
I beg your pardon, ad valorem is Latin and means "in proportion to the value". Government taxing entities never use the term applicable to goods, i.e., personal property...they use the term as it applies to real estate taxes. Further, if you think renters do not pay a pro rata share of the taxes on property they rent, included WITHIN their rent, you are sadly misinformed. Inasmuch as my vocabulary matches my breath of real estate tax knowledge, I will refrain from insulting you, as you have me, as it would be an exercise in futility since you are incapable of linquistic comprehension.
Ha, don't tell me about linguistic comprehension, it does not sound like you have done very well. If you have such a hard time paying rent, buy your own home and you only have to pay taxes on it once a year. FYI, the rent doesn't pay nearly what the taxes are! And, I hope you are not one of the two renters who are renting my homes there!!!! Of course, you're not, they pay their rent on time and DO NOT destroy property like the likes of you. I'm through with all the BS that comes out of the angry people on here who got scammed and are taking it out on me. I'm not your problem.

Main Entry: ad va·lo·rem
Pronunciation:\ˌad-v ə-ˈlo&#7 75;r-əm\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin, according to the value
Date: 1698
: imposed at a rate percent of value <ad valorem tax on goods>
American Citizen

Mission, TX

#65 Jun 20, 2008
martscan wrote:
Amer Cit:
Apparently your lack of familiarity with ad valorem taxes is due to your never having owned real estate. Perfectly understandable given that most trailer trash never even own a double-wide, much less the space they occupy.
You're clueless.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#66 Jun 20, 2008
I had a double wide once. I hit some hard times and they repossesed one side.
martscan wrote:
Amer Cit:
Apparently your lack of familiarity with ad valorem taxes is due to your never having owned real estate. Perfectly understandable given that most trailer trash never even own a double-wide, much less the space they occupy.
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#67 Jun 20, 2008
A'holes took the side with the kitchen - now I have to take the hot plate off the toilet to use it. The toilet.
DESERT RAT wrote:
I had a double wide once. I hit some hard times and they repossesed one side.
<quoted text>

Since: May 08

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Jun 20, 2008
DESERT RAT wrote:
A'holes took the side with the kitchen - now I have to take the hot plate off the toilet to use it. The toilet.
<quoted text>
LOL
martscan

Garden Grove, CA

#69 Jun 21, 2008
Amer Cit:

You really should consider therapy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Renting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slumlords, shoddy oversight, tax dollars ... li... (Oct '11) 15 hr JUSTICE FOR THE ... 4
Real Estate Lenders Oct '14 Alvan113 1
Police chief: largest grow operation he's seen Sep '14 Frank 5
Home Renting Pros and Cons Aug '14 walkerwilliam91 1
Tulsa Congregation Helping Mother Tucker Find A... (May '10) Jun '14 Margaret 105
Condo living checklist (Mar '14) Mar '14 babyghurl 1
Section 8 Srets in St. Louis, MO (Jul '08) Mar '14 Bree 53