Blackhawks beat Canucks 6-3

Full story: Chicago Tribune

VANCOUVER, Canada -- Vancouver fans yell "Loooooo" with gusto whenever Canucks goaltender Roberto Loungo makes a save.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
aldog

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

This Hawks team is showing a lot of grit and determination! The type needed for a long Stanley Cup Playoff run. Thumbs up to their efforts and fans for not giving up on them. Looking forward to seeing a split in Chicago and then, as a Nuck fan, hoping Vcr will take it in seven.
MI hawk fan

Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

What does NUCKS stand for?

Never
Underestimate
Chicago's
Kids
Skill

Way to go Hawks!!
go hawks

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

by far the best sports team in Chicago!!!! I wish they could get some coverage!!!! gooooooo hawks
eddie shore

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Those werent lou's you were hearing those were BOOS. go hawks
JackTheSquid

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

How about Alice the hair puller dropping the gloves with Johnny T!!! Oh wait!!! He hit him with his gloves on!!! What a major Pu**y!!!
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

They will get coverage now after the Bulls were beaten.Give the Bulls a tip of the hat,nobody saw that series coming.
Kent W

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

This game sent goosebumps. Wow, I love the Hawks. Glad the irritating Bulls are out of it so maybe the media can start covering the best sport in town!
Tony

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

JackTheSquid wrote:
How about Alice the hair puller dropping the gloves with Johnny T!!! Oh wait!!! He hit him with his gloves on!!! What a major Pu**y!!!
Burrows was flailing like a little girl...JT should've took his helmet off and asked if he wanted some of this...l o l

Since: May 09

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

This is one of the most exciting hockey teams I've seen in years. Tough and skilled. Young and fast. They never give up. What a great game last night! I hope they win the cup. They deserve it. Chicago deserves it. Go Hawks.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

I'm a moderate BH fan; but when they were down 2-0 early on, I thought no way they could come back, but they did. Very impressive comeback.

That No. 10 Dennis Hull is pretty good.
Great White North Fan

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Great game by the Hawks. When they stay out of the penalty box, and can keep their four line rotation, the Hawks are able to put tons of pressure on the Canucks, which it appears they are having trouble dealing with. And leaving aside the empty netter, the Hawks have scored 8 goals on Luongo in the last 4 periods of hockey! Go Hawks!
Jorge Arbusto

Oshkosh, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

F--k the --nucks!
Oldgranddad

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

That was VC's "A" game I guess?
Maybe they need a little more rest, eight days of rest is never enough for me either.

Somebody should have gotten Khabby his pillow and his bedroom slippers. He look very bored out there. I spent half the game watching "Lockup" I was so bored.

ANy whooooo.... Now it is just a matter of sweeping what.... three EZ games I guess and then on to Hockey Town.

It's been nice Vancover...Thanks for having us and being "GRacious" hosts.
Make sure you watch us in the finals. It will be fun.
paul

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

In the first period the Canucks seemed to have our number. They kept the passing and shooting lanes closed when the Hawks had the puck. They had an aggressive forecheck that had us on our heels at times. Our pre-game comments were " stay out of the penalty box" and we didn't. We were in trouble.
Second period and the Hawks settled down and got into their game plan. We are faster, use our speed. Stay out of the box. Use long passes to break the Canucks forecheck. Fird the chinks in Luongo's armour, go to thenet and score ugly goals.Make the Canucks pay dearly for every inch of ice they try to gain.
Third period, we have a lead and momentum so keep pouring it on.I can't say enough good things about the way big Buff has played in this series. Aggressive, tough,skill,the three factors needed to win against the Canucks.
Indy Hawk Fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

The Canucks will committ to the Indian!

Great Game!

GO HAWKS!!!!
paul

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

CHICO17:
Get your butt back on this board!!!! We have waited too long for a spring playoff run to let some yahoos that know nothing about the game to run us off the blog. Want to see that BLACK HAWKS support from all the regulars and that certainly includes you. Don't mean to lecture you but I had to say it.
Paul
paul

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Oldgranddad wrote:
That was VC's "A" game I guess?
Maybe they need a little more rest, eight days of rest is never enough for me either.
Somebody should have gotten Khabby his pillow and his bedroom slippers. He look very bored out there. I spent half the game watching "Lockup" I was so bored.
ANy whooooo.... Now it is just a matter of sweeping what.... three EZ games I guess and then on to Hockey Town.
It's been nice Vancover...Thanks for having us and being "GRacious" hosts.
Make sure you watch us in the finals. It will be fun.
RE: "Hockey Town".The Ducks may have a lot to say about that. The Wings were darn lucky to win Friday.

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

I love it, what a great game. Now today you don't see the fans of the Canucks coming on here talking all that smack. The Hawks should have one the first game, and after the 1st period, dominated the 2nd game. The Hawks are coming home to be welcomed by me and 22,500 other crazy loud Hawks fans. I can't wait, season tickets really pay off. I saw the pricing of the tickets, ouch they are alot.

Hawks are going to take this series. I said yesterday the Hawks were going to win game 2, and I am saying today the Hawks are going to win the series. Oh how sweet it is.

Paul - Chico called me last night he will be on the boards
USMCVet

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

What a game! Holy crap!! The are playing with a ton of confidence and they just blew this game wide open.
Dave Bolland! What can you say about this guy? He definitely stepped it up this game...a different here each night.
Where are the Buff and Kane critics? You have to admit, these boys can play!
I think Alice was a little frustrated because he couldn't pull Toews hair. Where are the Canuck fans that have been posting here? I can't hear you?
Oldgranddad

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

paul wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: "Hockey Town".The Ducks may have a lot to say about that. The Wings were darn lucky to win Friday.
Hey Paul...
You are right about that in fact I would like to see the Blackhawks play Annahiem Because it would be good to see Wiznewski back here. On the other hand these late games are killing me. Just a personal preference I guess.

The Stanley Cup is the most prized award in all sports for a very good reason my friend Paul. It is the only reward where all the winning teams players and coaches are engraved on a ring. It takes 13years to fill a ring. Then the oldest ring is removed and displayed at the Hockey Hall of fame and a new one is added.

It is time to Box it up and send it to
United Center
1901 Madison ST.
Chicago IL.

Or if you want you could let Chelios bring it down here. He had it down here before at a Cub game. So he still remembers how to get here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Willie Mitchell Discussions

Search the Willie Mitchell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Above the 49: Slumping Canucks may have to sacr... (Mar '13) Mar '13 vancouverite 6
Los Angeles Kings raise their 1st Stanley Cup b... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sandy 1
Kings GM Dean Lombardi's contract extension is ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 just asking 1
Blackhawks Vs. Kings: Chicago Loses 2nd Straigh... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Reg 1
As Canucks get their hate on for Hawks, Edler a... (Apr '10) Apr '10 hardore_canucka 1
Jackets-Canucks preview | BlueJacketsXtra (Mar '10) Mar '10 Kyle 1
Canucks' Kesler has harsh words for Ladd (Jan '10) Jan '10 Bundy 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••