New York Rangers: Trying To Find an Identity

Nov 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Who are the New York Rangers? Through 20 games in this young 2009-10 season, the Rangers seem to be barely hanging on in the Atlantic Division with 23 points and are slowly dropping in the Eastern Conference Standings with an 11-8-1 record.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2009
Vinny M

Glen Lyon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

I have been a Ranger fan for over 50 years and we still dont have a tough checking, willing to fight, gritty team. Most of our players are panzys and cant check or are unwilling to check hard as other teams like the Flyers. We have had a reputation for being a soft team which Tortorella cant seem to fix.Even though the Islanders suck, there players HIT and seem to take pride in the team. When will our guys wake up and play a hard hitting game? When the Rangers play at the garden-and our player occassionally throws a hard check the crowd roars.I think the rangers fans would love a hard checking. not backing down kind of team.i wish Ranger management would realize this some day. What do you fans think?
wolfy

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

agreed. way too soft no one on the defence is feared at all. stall & del zotto are the only keepers
Vinny M

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

If they want to find an identity look under toughness and grit---the team is to soft-we need skilled players who can stand up and dish out checks and who dont back down. When other teams run our goalie our guys give them a slight push not a punishing reminder to STOP. Maybe Torts should pass a Bong along in the locker room to get the players high so they would play tough under the influence---nothing has worked so far witha double dose to Rozival and Redden.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michael Del Zotto Discussions

Search the Michael Del Zotto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rangers links: Could the Rangers have interest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Nyrhockeychic 2
Should the Red Wings give PK Subban an Offer Sh... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Randy White 1
2012 Free Agency: Rangers, Del Zotto Remain Far... (Aug '12) Aug '12 lemonlaw 2
New York Rangers: Realistic Expectations for Ch... (Jun '12) Jul '12 drippydick 3
NHL Rangers win OT battle for Eastern top spot ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Wizardone 1
Moore pushes Lightning past Rangers in shootout (Dec '11) Dec '11 tonytwist 5
Is It Time For The Rangers To Think About Tradi... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sean Avery 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••