Staal quickly becoming Rangers top defenseman

Full story: Newsday
Uncharacteristically, Marc Staal just lost it. The usually unflappable Rangers defenseman was steaming in the penalty box midway through the second period in Chicago on Friday night because he believed that his ... Full Story
Napoleon Staal-o-mite

Butler, NJ

#1 Jan 19, 2009
Besides being a deal-ringer for Napoleon Dynamite, Marc Staal is a decent young dman. Getting quotes from Joe Michelletti is like getting a quote from one of Staal's parents... never a harsh word spoken.

Staal is severely over-rated in my book... although I do feel he's the best Dman on the Rangers. 6 lumps of turd, side by side... I guess one's gotta stink the least.
NYRfan

Stamford, CT

#2 Jan 19, 2009
He's OK. He definitly has a lot more work to do. He needs to put on a little more weight. He gets too much hype and praise because of his last name. Staal has all around ability but is nowhere close to being a top D man in the league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marc Staal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Becomes Leader In New York Rangers' Locker ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Debra Kay Levi 2
2014 Winter Olympics: Eight Rangers Invited To ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Debra Kay Levi 1
If I were GM of the New York Rangers - Part 4 (Jun '12) Jun '12 Comnsnse 1
Stanley Cup Playoff Preview - NY Rangers vs. Ot... (Apr '12) Apr '12 saint 1
Rangers Need Another Defenseman More Than A Scorer (Feb '12) Feb '12 Richard 1
NHL | Jordan Shifman Fantasy Hockey Faceoff: Co... (Dec '11) Dec '11 BigDickMcGee 3
New York Rangers News: Michael Sauer Placed On IR (Dec '11) Dec '11 BigDickMcGee 3
More from around the web