Parise continues to menace Isles in win by Devils

Full story: Newsday

It's a tormenting thought for Islanders fans: How much further along would the Isles' rebuilding project be if only they had drafted Zach Parise, son of alum J.P. Parise, instead of taking Robert Nilsson in ...
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2009
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

When will the trade winds blow...and who will be caught in the wind?

Frans looked lost last night.

KO star in the making.
ThenewislesGM

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

The only thing Garth Snow should be doing right now is keeping his ear to the pavement for who's available this summmer. Theres plenty of teams, Montreal being one of them that have plenty of guys to resign, so if the Islanders can grab a winger or two over the off-season, and if all goes as planned, Tavares is drafted, we might be a decent team. We still need 2-20 goal scorers though.
The Guy

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

The best thing that can happen is that the Islanders win the lottery, draft Tavares, come in dead last next year, draft Taylor Hall, find diamonds in the the rough like Detroit does evey year, and find a suitable replacement for Rick DiPietro.. who was never a star... so find a suitable replacement for Roberto Luongo.

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

This article was dead on. I watched the game last night and thats all I could think about, how they passed up on this kid. I even remember watching the draft that day and EVERYONE on the broadcast team was stunned with the pick.

BTW, lets not hold our breath on Tavares. NHL.com reported a couple of days ago that he re-injured his shoulder, tho no comment for how long he's gonna be out.
John

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Parise would of made a klller Islander instead of an Islander killer. It's like were doomed for not drafting him and we will pay for it for years to come.
Devils Militia

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Zach has been pretty good against other teams to the last 3 seasons.
Go beat Philly on Saturday Islanders and let's Go Devils!
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Stellarton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

Flash has been sitting out a 20 goal scorer for the past 14 or 15 games. Even with a role reduced to 4th line minutes Sim still had 6 goals. Give him some more minutes and you would get 20 goals, he just needs to play both ofence and defence. If someone looked at goals to minute ratio, they would be surprised by the numbers and the players that came up at the top of the list.
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Stellarton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

P.S.

For the Islanders fans, Joey Mac played about as good as any goaltender in the league could have possibly played last night. Pretty hard to be a star goaltender on this team with this type of defensive zone coverage. Blame a goaltender on this team, are you serious???
Malraux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Da geezer Dougie Weight, superstar Okpooso and that Bailey dude really let me down in last night's game. I is going to shift gears and be a columbus blue jackets fan now becauz they is a real team, not like the sissies on the Isles. yeah.
Dangerous Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I hope Ricky D comes back for the playoff run. He, He.
LIBOR Rate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

A Canadian Hockey Fan wrote:
Flash has been sitting out a 20 goal scorer for the past 14 or 15 games. Even with a role reduced to 4th line minutes Sim still had 6 goals. Give him some more minutes and you would get 20 goals, he just needs to play both ofence and defence. If someone looked at goals to minute ratio, they would be surprised by the numbers and the players that came up at the top of the list.
If you take Sim's playing minutes, multiply them by 1,158 and divide by .3033 you get 50.20. So, he could be a 50 goal scorer.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

P.S.
For the Islanders fans, Joey Mac played about as good as any goaltender in the league could have possibly played last night. Pretty hard to be a star goaltender on this team with this type of defensive zone coverage. Blame a goaltender on this team, are you serious???
No one is saying there is some work to be done...but the process has begun. Now lets start trading.
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I live in New Glasgow N.S. Where Sim, MacDonald and Colin White are from. I have met these guys. They are great guys. Played golf with them in a tourny this summer. It would be nice to see the Islanders allow Sim to move on, either give Joey a contract or let him go. Just don't sit him on the bench for 75 games next year and expect him to be good when he is put to task.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I live in New Glasgow N.S. Where Sim, MacDonald and Colin White are from. I have met these guys. They are great guys. Played golf with them in a tourny this summer. It would be nice to see the Islanders allow Sim to move on, either give Joey a contract or let him go. Just don't sit him on the bench for 75 games next year and expect him to be good when he is put to task.
Lets see how Danis and Joey Mac play the rest of the season. Joey Mac played well against the Devils.

Sim-some games he looks good...especially when he husltes...forechecks...he can be a real pest. Other games he seems to do nothing. Plus-there are too many players on this current team with the same skill set...and he is one of them.

Isnt the saying nice guys finish last....
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I think that Flash has broken Simmers spirit. Pro sports is such a mental game. As much or more than the physical game. As in as job / work situation, there will be personallity conflicts.
The Village Idiot

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Robert Nilsson over Zach Parise? Islander Nation can once again thank Mike Milbury. How does someone with his track record of incompetence still manage to find a job in this economy?
aka

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

I think that Flash has broken Simmers spirit. Pro sports is such a mental game. As much or more than the physical game. As in as job / work situation, there will be personallity conflicts.

Simmer? For a second there i thought you were talking about the LA kings forward Charlie Simmer,and had back to back 56 goal seasons,and who played on a great line with Dave Taylor, and Marcel Dionne, in the late 70s and early 80s.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Well-Sim will get his chance...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bryce Salvador Discussions

Search the Bryce Salvador Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stanley Cup (Jun '12) Jun '12 RockfordRebel 2
Jamie Langenbrunner wonders if he'll be traded ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill 4
Travis Zajac Being Shopped by the New Jersey De... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Stan 3
Devils vs. Hurricanes, Game 5: As they play (Apr '09) Apr '09 kirk 1
Devils' Parise haunts Isles again with 2 goals (Feb '09) Feb '09 Guinness Drinker 2
Devils' Parise haunts Isles again with 2 goals (Feb '09) Feb '09 Bellmore Sucks 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••