Source: Canucks LW Raymond Has Fractured Vertebrae

Jun 14, 2011 Full story: Click2Houston

Vancouver Canucks left wing Mason Raymond suffered a fractured vertebrae during Monday's Game 6 loss to the Boston Bruins, a source close to Raymond's family told Dan Murphy of Rogers Sportsnet.

Full Story
Hockey forever

Canada

#1 Jun 14, 2011
Ugly hit, hope he has a speedy recovery. A bit surprised no call or review... If it had been a Bruin would things be different? What if it were Kesler? What about Marchand? Never the less, clearly not an acceptable hit in the NHL at any other point in the season. I understand that by not reviewing the hit then the NHL does not have to comment on the hit... But the elephant is still in the room.
Pound_Puppy

Akron, OH

#2 Jun 14, 2011
I didn't think that it was a vicious hit so much as the two of them simply got tangled together and slammed into the boards. Still, I hope that Raymond recovers quickly and completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have the Canucks learned their lesson? (Sep '11) Sep '11 NBlumer 1
NHL notebook: Canucks standing by Luongo | Blue... (Jun '11) Aug '11 abadapple 4
NHL broadens ban on head shots (Jun '11) Jun '11 Costly 1
Raymond hit deserved punishment (Jun '11) Jun '11 Andy 1
Canucks' Rome disagrees with ban for hit on Horton (Jun '11) Jun '11 harvey 2
Horton taken off on stretcher after hit by Rome (Jun '11) Jun '11 dmc 2
•••
•••

Aaron Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••