Nazi Victims as Children, "Lebensborn" Adults Piece Together Their Pasts

Jan 8, 2009 | Posted by: findingDulcinea_KED | Full story: www.findingdulcinea.com

Some of Hitler's youngest victims, now senior citizens, discuss being part of his "Fount of Life" program to create an Aryan race, and the quest to find their true identities.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2010
IraLevinFan

Long Island City, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2009
It's weird and creepy stuff like this that makes "The Boys from Brazil" seem almost plausible.
Jerry G

Long Island City, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2009
Programs like Lebensborn show that, as horrible as the Nazi's atrocities were toward several ethnic groups and, indeed, the entire world, they weren't treating their own citizens very much better. Easily the worst regime in the world's history.
Eric

Long Island City, NY

#3 Jan 8, 2009
These are stories that need to be told and remembered... I don't beleieve enough people know about stuff like this.
Helen

Long Island City, NY

#4 Jan 8, 2009
I can't having my child taken from me because he or she has the "right color" hair and eyes.
Shannon

Long Island City, NY

#5 Jan 8, 2009
This is such an incredible story. As shocking as it sounds I'm not surprised that after everything, the author still loves his nazi parents.

Has anyone seen the movie the Music Box. The story revolves around a lawyer who is defending her father who is accused of war crimes. You can imagine what happens. It's an incredible movie and I got into a long argument about it in an ethics class once. Without telling you the end, what I learned, if I had been in the daughter (the lawyer's place) was no matter how strong your sense of right and wrong, it's hard to turn your back on family. In the case of this story, the premise still holds true, despite the fact that the author's parents weren't really his parents.
Janet

Portland, OR

#6 Jan 8, 2009
I've never heard about this. The horrible things the Nazis did never cease to amaze me.
Kina

Forest Hills, NY

#7 Jan 8, 2009
I've heard similar things happened with Christian orphans in Turkey being placed with Muslim families for nationalist homogeneity purposes in the 1910s/1920s.
Sally

Long Island City, NY

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Interesting, I wonder where they really came from.
carrie

Chico, CA

#9 Apr 2, 2009
what a barberic thig to do to children and families it's atrocities like this that make me wish i had been alive then maybe i could have helped it's things like that make me sad to be of german disent
Rtajo

De Pere, WI

#11 Apr 20, 2010
The recent "Christian" effort to 'spirit'(abduct ?) children out of Haiti has the smell of a Lebensborn
type of activity. Should perhaps be investigated as such !!! Ditto with the 'adoption' activities in China and Russia !!!
Rtajo

De Pere, WI

#12 Apr 20, 2010
Under the Nazi regime abandoned children and 'foundlings' were placed into medical experimentation camps if they fit the needed criteria or they were just worked to death and/or sent to the ovens.
The mishandling of children then and even now is not reported on sufficiently well. There need to be very strong international laws enacted and vigorously enforced.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Controversial DOJ criminal chief Lanny Breuer l... (Jan '13) 13 hr lavon affair 2
'Obama third term' label could hurt Hilary Clinton Fri SirPrize 30
Rand Paul: If 'Hillary Clinton worked for Bill ... Fri Gary 1
How should Hillary Clinton deploy Bill in 2016? Aug 29 Tuco Blondie 1
Will Al Sharpton become a thorn in Hillary Clin... Aug 26 Cordwainer Trout 2
World War I: How did the unthinkable happen? Aug 26 Vojvoda85m 14
On this Day: "In God We Trust" Becomes U.S. Motto (Jul '08) Aug 24 Kid_Tomorrow 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

History in the News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••