"Katyn", a film by A.Wajda two weeks to the world premiere.

Sep 5, 2007 Full story: Free Republic 10

Posted on 09/05/2007 9:48:00 AM PDT by vox_PL Remembering the Katyn massacre The official poster of A.Wajda's "Katyn" 'Dear Dad, why aren't you coming back?' - billboards featuring fragments of letters ... via Free Republic

Full Story
kerk

Warsaw, Poland

#1 Sep 17, 2007
I just have to see it!
I've heard that it's amazing
Lech Bajan Washington DC

Upper Marlboro, MD

#2 Sep 18, 2007
Some 22 thousand Polish officers were taken prisoner by the Red Army when the Soviet Union invaded eastern Poland in September 1939, 17 days after the Nazi attack on Poland. On orders from Stalin, the Poles were shot in the Katyn forest. The crime was revealed by the Nazis in 1943 but the Soviet Union blamed Hitler’s Germany for the massacre.
Andrzej Wajda’s film is not a historical account of the tragedy but draws psychological portraits of a group of mothers, wives and daughters of Polish officers. One of the most eagerly awaited Polish films in several decades, it is preceded by a nationwide campaign about Katyń and its place in Polish history. Krzysztof Dudek of the National Cultural Centre which organizes the campaign.
Elder_of_Zion

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jul 10, 2012
There is no evidence that the Soviets did this.

There is plenty of photographic and film evidence of Einsatzgruppen death squads shooting people and dumping them in mass graves...just like in the Katyn Forest.

POWs in the Soviet Union were treated well. Many of them were weakened by starvation and disease, however.

Hitler ordered them to hold Stalingrad at all costs, and they had no supplies. The Soviets couldn't perform miracles and keep those men alive after they surrendered, now could they?
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#4 Jul 11, 2012
It was discovered that the execution weapons were 7.62mm Walther PPK's and 7.62 X 38 Nagant M.1895.Why?Stalin had the perfect opportunity,in war time to commit more mass murder.With world opinion against the Nazis,Stalin would give"proof"of the crimes of the west to further the Communist revolution.The power of propaganda to persuade.
Elder_of_Zion

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Just a thought wrote:
It was discovered that the execution weapons were 7.62mm Walther PPK's and 7.62 X 38 Nagant M.1895.Why?Stalin had the perfect opportunity,in war time to commit more mass murder.With world opinion against the Nazis,Stalin would give"proof"of the crimes of the west to further the Communist revolution.The power of propaganda to persuade.
It's just another Reichstag fire...something the Nazis did and pinned on Communists.

There are no photographs or witnesses that say the Soviets did this.

Your 'proof' is mere speculation. Nazi propaganda regurgitated by Americans during the Cold War.

Hey, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you!
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Your the only one that's printing distortion.Your moniker is a reference to an antisemitic book about a hoax concerning Jewish global domination.It was treated as a valid document by Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.The silent victims speak about Hitler and Stalin's attrocities louder than your deluded lies
Aussie Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#7 Jul 15, 2012
The "Pittsburgh Poofter" - children beware
Elder_of_Zion

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jul 15, 2012
Aussie Bob wrote:
The "Pittsburgh Poofter" - children beware
Insect! How dare you?!

I have copulated with many shiksas and taught them things that the prudish, Victorian, goyim could never teach them!

I have no need of children. That is for your Catholic priests.
Aussie Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#9 Jul 15, 2012
Stop playing games "black boy", everybody knows the "Elders of Zion" are rabid homosexuals, sodomy is practically a staple of their religion. So please, take the black boy bs elsewhere.
Elder_of_Zion

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jul 15, 2012
Aussie Bob wrote:
Stop playing games "black boy", everybody knows the "Elders of Zion" are rabid homosexuals, sodomy is practically a staple of their religion. So please, take the black boy bs elsewhere.
You certainly have a lot of chutzpah to accuse the Jews of pedophilia and homosexuality.

You goyim were grunting in caves and drawing on the walls while we were creating civilization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History in the News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 1 hr Le Jimbo 31
Dec. 16: Georgians fight at Ardennes Fri Will Dockery 1
Bill Clinton: Garner 'didn't deserve to die' Thu eye kamf breef 2
#1 PERSON for today according to Baltimore Bob Thu RighteousRobert 48
One Thing To Know For Tomorrow Dec 17 RighteousRobert 1
Presidential Longevity - a Recent Phenomenon Dec 17 Will Dockery 2
Executive orders a courageous way to protect pe... Dec 16 barefoot2626 159
More from around the web