Sean Patrick Bowley's Elite 8: Week 3

Full story: NewsTimes.com

Online sports producer and staff writer Sean Patrick Bowley ranks the Top 8 regional high school football teams.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
the ruler

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

I don't think st joes is a better team than bpt central.ridgefield beats staples by a field goal this week,and bethel mite give pomperaug a game.also by end of season the elite crown will stay in the fciac.
The truth

Woodbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

the growing pains for masuk's defense are obvious. i think theyll start playing much better as time goes on. i think we all are hopin on both masuk and pomperaug to make it to the swc championship game.
R-MAC

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

No love for Cheshire S.P.B.,or should I say no respect!You know better than I do.The GAELS suffer from weak coaching and trying to play both sides of the field.They are a running team that is too spread-out.New Caanan and Greenwich are 2 of the best coached teams in the state,and it shows-off thier best players talent with great play-calling.Hamden is a big-boy team that will push you around on both sides of the ball.A strong and fast team that will tire you out by the half.I can see why they are ranked so high.ST.JOE is good and the praying sure can't hurt,but elite eight???Once again S.P.B.,YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME!
R-MAC

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

MAC'S FANTASTIC FOUR ---#1--NewCaanan--#2--Hamden-- #3--Greenwich--#4--TIE--Ansoni a/Cheshire/Glastonbury/Masuk
Steve

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Judged:

How can Masuk be only 8, how many times does Masuk have to keep getting wins to finally get a little respect? Plus how does Pomgeraug surge all the way to 5, especially infront of Ansonia and St. Joes? They haven't really played anyone yet. Any chance of a recount for ballots in these rankings, I feel like it's becoming as bad as the BCS in College Football.
44 backer

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Hey SPB, real good elite 8. I think both St Joe's and Ansonia deserve the rating. They are S division teams that beat MM and L division teams. And they looked great on both sides of the ball getting their wins. Winning in tougher divisions is important.

But how did you leave out Wilbur Cross, just makes no sense. This is an L division team that beat 2 LL divisions team. I am trying so hard not to mention "you know who". But where's the logic in putting a L division team in the Elite 8 when it beat 2 S divisions schools. And with an average defense.

Looking forward to the WC / Cheshire game, should be a battle.

jr the mailman

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

here we go, west haven 22, ndwh 20. ansonia 35 holy cross 12. pomperaug 16 bethel 13. cheshire 38 w.cross 14. xavier 27 shelton 26. ridgefield 19 staples 14. st.joes 23 darien 20. and last but not least greenwich 49 ''the presidents''6. to the green dragons, and rams and staples too FEAR THE BIRD!!!!!!
jr the mailman

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

top three QBs in lower CT. 1 BATY, 2 PALMER and 3 LEFFLBINE.and the hamden QB to.make it 4.
jr the mailman

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

STAPLES is number one, but not in football,in building ROBOTS>
GUY

College Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

St. Joes is a little overrated I think. By a little I mean very. St. Joes is the same every year. Start off good vs. ok teams and everyone is high on them. Soon enough they'll get upset by Danbury or someone like that, lose to all the good teams on their scehdule and not make to playoffs.
jr the mailman

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

PUT A FACE ON THIS, RIDGEFIELD 23 STAPLES 20.
Jump off the bandwagon

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

I agree with Guy on St Joe's it's the same thing every year but no one seems to remember that - it's pretty pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent High School Football Discussions

Search the High School Football Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 14 hr Go Blue Forever 895
QB Chad Kelly dismissed from Red Lion football ... (Oct '09) Apr 14 Joe 343
Can i play tight end? Apr 10 Niko 1
Narbonne finds new gear (Nov '09) Apr 7 jesse saenz 83
Befuddled San Pedro dominates to its end, a los... (Nov '10) Apr 7 jesse saenz 63
Ozen's Brown gets offer from Southern California Mar 28 Brainiac of Beacon House 1
Thousands Drop Out of Ohio's High Schools Every... Mar 25 Ashley89 2
•••
•••
•••