Football: Juggling duties comes second nature for Rodriguez

Aug 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Odessa American Online

GRANDFALLS Arturo Rodriguez isn't your average football coach. In addition to his duties as the athletic director and head coach for football, boys track and field and boys basketball, Rodriguez also serves as the principal for the middle school and high school in Grandfalls-Royalty ISD.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Mar 16, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

and now the new apparent sex ed. teacher lol
get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

Kayla is garbage and just ruined a family and a very talented hard working mans life! It was all fun and games then, now the trashy trick seems to have tons to say about nothing! Hope she is sleeping better!!
NOWWWW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

WHAT??? How did thy find out Arturo was having relations with this girl? Why didn't know 1 say anything until now??? Hmmmmm!
BtownBear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Kayla who? Give us some details.
excowgirl

Waterford, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Kayla Westbrook she used to babysit their kids
cici

Oakley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

how old is she?
WHY NOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

Why didn't this trashy girl ever report it back when she was having relations with Arturo??? Why 2 years later??? Its not like if she didn't know what she was doing... Everybody pays in this world n sooner or later Kayla will also pay for what she did n has done! Then being the babysitter; what nerve this trashy lil girl had and still has!!!
get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

Exactly! The thought of her being trusted so much with their kids when all along she was being a snake!! 3 years later the trashy trick wants to ruin everything and be the center of attention! Funny how this garbage deleted everyone off her facebook! She knew she was trash! She claims to be all Holy and be a follower of Jesus! Well the B***H didn't know who Jesus was when she was doing her coworkers at mcdonalds in Monahans then rolling her truck after a long night of drinking and driving!! Freaken S**T don't know what's coming to her B***H A$$!!!
supportarturo

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

I just want to say that I grew up and graduated with Arturo. In a small town and with a class of 23, you get to know people. Arturo is a great person and has become one hell of a man. He graduated top of the class and worked his ass off to get through college while supporting his wife and kids. I think what has happened is absurd and to be completely honest, I have truoble feeling any sympathy for this girl. Arturo needs to get kudos for admitting to any wrong doing because I know if it was me and alot of other people in his shoes I would have denied anything ever happened. I mean two years later and no evidence, just word of mouth, theres nothing to prove there. And before people get all judgemental and start looking at him as some pervert, it never said anything about her age nor did it say anything about where it happened. Just because she was a student did not mean it was at school and just because she was a student doesnt mean shes not a dumbass that failed and was of age at the time. This girl is obviously no good and she is no better than him so dont make her out to be a victim. I find it hard to believe she didnt WANT to give it to him, too many girls nowadays are NEEDY and attentions seekers. Karma is gonna come around Kayla and when it does you will be sorry. I hope with all my heart that one day you have a family and get them ripped away from you by someone as trashy as you so you will know what pain and suffering you caused Arturo and his family. His kids and wife DO NOT DESERVE THIS.. and to think that you were left with their kids.... You are one sick b*tch.
get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

@ "supportarturo" I couldn't have said it any better! Kudos to Art! I as well as others have so much respect and faith for him! God Bless you and your family!! And to kayla's Bitc h a$$ may you rot in hell you filthy disgusting tramp! You are no victim but only a home wrecker and attention seeking trick!!!
excowgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

Coach has done so much for this school and Kayla lives in Brenham, TX and is from Milano, TX just in case you want to look her up lol. Plenty of ppl in Grandfalls have so much on Kayla. She was busted giving blow jobs at school to different guys not just one. So what does that tell you about that chic? She knew what she was doing. Sad how it took this for her to try and come in good with God!!! Get a life tramp!!!! Arturo you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and your family as a big part of our family. Stay strong buddy!!!
KLB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

People did you forget that Arturo is a GROWN ASS MARRIED MAN? How can y'all be defending him? It's one thing to cheat on your wife but to do it with a child/student is WRONG. As a coach/teacher/principal he was trusted by the parents of all the students to EDUCATE them not use them. He knew what he was doing now he should face the consequences. There are thousands of "skanky tricks" out there what he should have done is gotten one that was OF AGE/NOT A STUDENT.
Ex Balmorhean

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

YEAH did YOU forget KAYLA was old enough to know what she was doing and did YOU also forget that she was trusted with there kids! WHY didn't KAYLA say anything??? BECAUSE SHE ALSO LIKE THE IDEA OF THE SITUATION GOING ON!!! PLEASE...... KLB
KLB wrote:
People did you forget that Arturo is a GROWN ASS MARRIED MAN? How can y'all be defending him? It's one thing to cheat on your wife but to do it with a child/student is WRONG. As a coach/teacher/principal he was trusted by the parents of all the students to EDUCATE them not use them. He knew what he was doing now he should face the consequences. There are thousands of "skanky tricks" out there what he should have done is gotten one that was OF AGE/NOT A STUDENT.
Ex Balmorhea Bear

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

I think that this so called Kayla needs to be investigated? What if she's been around with several other teachers and staff? What if she prositutes herself for a living?

From what it sounds like she was on top of him and his family!!! She was the babysitter? It sounds to me like she was trying every trick in the book to nail him!!!!

I think he is a victim in this whole absurd ordeal!! He needs to get himself a good lawyer! Keep his head up high.......

Arturo your in our thoughts and prayers!
KLB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

EX BALMORHEAN: "YEAH did YOU forget KAYLA was old enough to know what she was doing"

Ok then WHY did he get CHARGED with indecency with a CHILD? Riddle me that?
KLB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Oh yea EX BALMORHEAN you also said "did YOU also forget that she was trusted with there kids!"

You know you are right! How awful to trust someone with your kids and have been taken advantage of...oh yeah that's what Arturo did!
Ex Balmorhean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Ok so is KAYLA was taken advantage of WHY NEVER DID SHE COME FORWARD???!!!???
QUOTE who="KLB"]Oh yea EX BALMORHEAN you also said "did YOU also forget that she was trusted with there kids!"
You know you are right! How awful to trust someone with your kids and have been taken advantage of...oh yeah that's what Arturo did!
KLB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Can you re-post this when you are sober?
txprd

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

anyone should be able to see that the adult in the situation took advantage of an innocent minor. a minor that was close to the family as the babysitter. how can you defend a man that takes advantage of an underage girl. a sick man who has probably done this to other girls. you all should be ashamed. Kayla, stay strong and stick to your guns. do what you feel is right, do not lose sight of why you came forward. you are
brave and don't deserve what is being said about you. God Bless!!!
xxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

to all you ppl arturo has done wonderful for himself quit hating on him for some thing that shouldnt bother you it is not affecting you in any way! thats his personal life look at his ACCOMPLISHMENTS for being so young, as for desperate girls they will do or say anthing for attention!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Texas High School Basketball News Discussions

Search the Texas High School Basketball News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Comfort's Toot accepts coaching job at Cuero (Jun '09) Apr '14 ballislife23 11
Yates ready to face La Marque with 3A title on ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 poindexter 1
Boys basketball Small towns with big success Cr... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ernest Wilkins 1
Boys basketball: Cavs claim District 15-5A crown (Feb '13) Feb '13 cwl94 1
North Lamar 8th Grade A Team Results (Feb '13) Feb '13 Whodat 2
Mart boys take district lead with 66-59 victory... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Coach Kelly 1
Photos: Burges vs Andress boys basketball (Jan '13) Jan '13 Petro and Proxy Server 1
•••
•••
•••