Pot smokers more likely to use other drugs

Jul 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Shepparton News Online

Twenty-somethings who regularly smoke cannabis are up to three times more likely to use illicit drugs than those who puff on the occasional joint, research shows.

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,679 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
First Prev
of 134
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 19, 2011
 

Judged:

11

9

5

because they have to go see a dealer that sells other drugs besides pot, that are WAY more addicting-so dealers make more money-it's not rocket science folks! the only people opposed to pot legalization are profiteers!
roaddog

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

it dont cause dain bramadge

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 20, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

roaddog wrote:
it dont cause dain bramadge
Obviously your alcohol did !!!

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 20, 2011
 
Really, there sure is a lot of hype and BS there !!

After all, all young adults are out to experiment with things. Just some never grow up or get a clue. Really nothing new with their statements in this article. That's why I say it is hype.
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 20, 2011
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Credible evidence please. This was a study with a predetermined outcome. Just more 'reefer madness.'
roaddog

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Credible evidence please. This was a study with a predetermined outcome. Just more 'reefer madness.'
Agreed, last ditch efforts to scare people. I think the war on drugs should include all the commercials you see on tv. Big pharma wants the U.S. to be a drug dependant society but somehow that's ok.

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 25, 2011
 

Judged:

10

7

2

guitarman16226 wrote:
because they have to go see a dealer that sells other drugs besides pot, that are WAY more addicting-so dealers make more money-it's not rocket science folks! the only people opposed to pot legalization are profiteers!
And people that don't need a crutch to live life.

Since: Jul 11

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Agreed, more reefer madness bs

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
<quoted text>And people that don't need a crutch to live life.
just like you and trolling...
HumanSpirit

Hawthorne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

9

9

2

The article is pure horse-dung. Considering the important medical benefits the people should get junk dog mean with government official for not having marijuana legalized. The government is favoring the profits of the pharmacutical and medical communities is keeping you ill, sick and using their toxic products of medication.

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

12

8

7

Stop trying to justify your drug addiction.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

1

HumanSpirit wrote:
The article is pure horse-dung. Considering the important medical benefits the people should get junk dog mean with government official for not having marijuana legalized. The government is favoring the profits of the pharmacutical and medical communities is keeping you ill, sick and using their toxic products of medication.
agreed!

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

7

4

2

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
<quoted text>And people that don't need a crutch to live life.
Again, use and abuse are two different things. use does not automatically signal addiction. One can enjoy cannabis without it being a "crutch".
I guess you oppose all mind altering substances? Alcohol, caffeine, and chocolate as well?
Professor

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

10

9

3

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
Stop trying to justify your drug addiction.
Did you know more people are addicted to drugs prescribed by doctors than all other illegal substances?

Did you know that one of the leading causes of death is taking LEGAL drugs as prescribed by a physician?

Just look at the side effects of the top selling pharmaceutical drugs and you'll see they cause liver damage, kidney failure, heart failure, comas, and death. The chemotherapy drugs kill more people than they supposedly cure - that came out in an independent study but big pharma and their newsmedia failed to publicize that study.

Natural herbs like marijuana are many times safer than the legal drugs prescribed by physicians. In fact, autistic research now points to antidepressant drugs taken by pregnant females as probably the main factor in causing autism in children. Chemicals are poisoning our children and ourselves, all with government approval. It's time for a change to get healthier substances for ourselves and our children!
roaddog

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know more people are addicted to drugs prescribed by doctors than all other illegal substances?
Did you know that one of the leading causes of death is taking LEGAL drugs as prescribed by a physician?
Just look at the side effects of the top selling pharmaceutical drugs and you'll see they cause liver damage, kidney failure, heart failure, comas, and death. The chemotherapy drugs kill more people than they supposedly cure - that came out in an independent study but big pharma and their newsmedia failed to publicize that study.
Natural herbs like marijuana are many times safer than the legal drugs prescribed by physicians. In fact, autistic research now points to antidepressant drugs taken by pregnant females as probably the main factor in causing autism in children. Chemicals are poisoning our children and ourselves, all with government approval. It's time for a change to get healthier substances for ourselves and our children!
You are wasting your time trying to explain anything to that f*cking idiot, he is just a child that likes to stir up trouble when his parents are gone.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

roaddog wrote:
<quoted text>You are wasting your time trying to explain anything to that f*cking idiot, he is just a child that likes to stir up trouble when his parents are gone.
yeah, him and his alter ego unreal20 in the dyersburg, tn. forum-F*CKING IDIOTS for sure! in his own words, look up assclown in the dictionary-there's a pic of his fat pathetic ass!

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 27, 2011
 

Judged:

8

6

4

guitarman16226 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, him and his alter ego unreal20 in the dyersburg, tn. forum-F*CKING IDIOTS for sure! in his own words, look up assclown in the dictionary-there's a pic of his fat pathetic ass!
Your life would be so empty if you didn't have your pot to smoke.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 27, 2011
 

Judged:

8

5

2

The main gateway drug is nicotine, just because cigarettes are legal doesn't mean we should overlook that fact. It's all very well saying that people who smoke a bit of weed are more likely to try harder drugs than people who don't, but almost all people who smoke weed smoke cigarettes. There's been plenty research which demonstrates that nicotine impacts on pleasure receptors meaning people need to go looking for new ways to get their highs.

Of course it's true that people who go to score a bit of weed will be plied with other wares and may get into harder drugs that way, but that doesn't make weed worse than it is, it's a reason to sever that link and remove it from the black market.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

bryhain84 wrote:
The main gateway drug is nicotine, just because cigarettes are legal doesn't mean we should overlook that fact. It's all very well saying that people who smoke a bit of weed are more likely to try harder drugs than people who don't, but almost all people who smoke weed smoke cigarettes. There's been plenty research which demonstrates that nicotine impacts on pleasure receptors meaning people need to go looking for new ways to get their highs.
Of course it's true that people who go to score a bit of weed will be plied with other wares and may get into harder drugs that way, but that doesn't make weed worse than it is, it's a reason to sever that link and remove it from the black market.
Well said, love your thinking !!!
go pot

Jacksboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

you all shut the f*** up pot should be legal u stupid dicksuckers
they will leagel it when they can tax it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 134
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••