hardtobelieve

Memphis, TN

#119 Apr 12, 2012
You can blow dry your skin too when you have acute scabies. It makes the itch more intense at first, but later it eases and they die from the extreme heat. Don't burn!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#120 Apr 12, 2012
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Fighting, I think the vaseline has a suffocating effect and that's why you're getting that reaction. The zinc oxide cream might be a good option for your raw skin area since it is made as a diaper rash cream (40% zinc oxide, brand Desitin). If it's suffocating them, that's a good thing, just a nuisance to go through. Hope you're a little better.
Thanks Canuckette! I will get some desitin this weekend...the skin is somewhat better ... put calamine on my thighs today and after awhile ... 2 spots started bleeding... isn't that strange? wonder what that is about.....

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#121 Apr 12, 2012
fightingheretoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Canuckette! I will get some desitin this weekend...the skin is somewhat better ... put calamine on my thighs today and after awhile ... 2 spots started bleeding... isn't that strange? wonder what that is about.....
Guess they don't like the calamime lotion, so are escaping. I've had that too. For a quick treatment, as in running out the door in the morning, I throw on some zinc wherever the sores are. Often, the little black things will be there in the centre of it a few hours later.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#123 Apr 13, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the Zapzyt mix everywhere except for my face. For my face I had some real nice organic lotion that I mixed 30% salicylic acid and boric acid with to get the 2%/5% mix that gab used, so I use that around my eyes and inside my ears with a q-tip. I'm on day 5 now and doing good. I had them in my ears, eyes and on my scalp and got a little freaked out at that point. I have pretty much run the gamut of things suggested on this forum and anything that made any kind of sense and a lot of stuff that didn't make much sense in retrospect.
I have a file on my desktop, whenever I run across something that is a new strategy I'll paste it there. I found that getting to a point of failure on whatever regimen that if i didn't have some sort of back-up plan I would get very depressed, that helps with morale some.
I saw on the forum once about 6 months ago where someone cured themselves with boric acid and since it is used to kill cockroaches I thought it was a little extreme at the time. I was reminded of the post when I realized that Gab's recipe is 5% boric acid but I can't remember what thread it was on. I remember He said he felt cured in 7 days but did it for 14. I'm at the point where it doesn't sound too extreme anymore.
The nice thing about the Zapzyt is it has aloe and chamomile in it to soothe the skin which probably helps because I have a couple areas that are irritated slightly from the acid but I don't see any reason I won't be able to go the 3 weeks I'm planning.
I believe it is important also to keep the ratio at 5% boric acid and not go stronger. I saw some 10% boric acid ointment online but your not covering your body with it. It mainly got a bad reputation because people would sprinkle it around for bugs to eat and then the toddlers would have a taste and croak. In the past it has been used widely though, even in diaper rash ointment, eye wash, etc.
I'm using the capstar too and what i noticed is the first few days I did it for the first few hours i could definitely feel more baby mites biting. I took a bath first thing then put on Gab's goo then I would take the capstar.The idea was get em to bite when the soup was hot.
Hi augustmidwest, was wondering how your mixture is working around your eyes and that area now? Are you having any success with it?..thanks.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#125 Apr 13, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ftb,
Yes it's working pretty good. I am on day 7 today and the crawling all over my body has been less every day. My eyes have been a problem for a while and I was able to beat them down a few times, one time i put horse paste around my eyes for a week another i put 35% perm on them a few times but it never really finished the job.
The ointment is like a low level peel. Wednesday I was still having occasional crawling around my left eye and I was feeling the surface of the eyelid Wed night and felt a little long bump that was starting to peel anyway so scraped it off with my nail. Yesterday I didn't have any crawling at all anywhere.
It worked out pretty good that it slowly peels because my skin was kinda messed up in a few places and it brought out the new stuff.
I'm sticking with it because it's giving good results.
That's good news, hope it keeps working for ya! I am having heck of a time getting them away/off from my eyes, driving me crazy i dont know if it is new ones or some that have been there an are just coming out? hope that makes sense?
I am going to try and get the ingredients that you used on your face and try it around my eyes and such an hope it works? My skin around the eyes is getting pretty messed up from using different stuff..wow!
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#127 Apr 13, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes time to get them out of your eyes, hang in there, I know it drives you nuts. I think they like to get in your eyelash folicles so you have to make sure to get a q-tip and apply to that whole area.
When you get something that works you just have to stick with it.
What stuff have you used around your eyes?
Well since the past couple days they have gotten really out of control on my eye lids I used the Rid (for lice) with a q-tip and I use peroxide 1st trying to draw them up closer to the skin.
I went to health food store to buy the "salicyle acid 30%" an they was asking $49 for like 1oz bottle, now that is just crazy! So am going to check and see if drug store has some cheaper.
yep my eyelids are pretty swelled and red from all I have applied to them I am just worried they will get inside my eyes again, had them do that to me once an had to get treated at the ER..grr
I can not believe how many are around my eyes the peroxide draws them out of the skin an WOW it is bad at this point!
I really need to try the stuff you have made n apply it around my eyes and stick with it due to this other stuff am using is bothering the skin too much.
Desperate girl

Carrollton, TX

#129 Apr 13, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
The rid is only 1%, just enough to antagonize them. I suggest you go to your local feed store and buy a tube or 2 of Ivermectin horse paste. Massage that into the areas around your eyes, that will buy you some time.If you can't do that keep a thin layer of vaseline around your eyes which will smother them and they get stuck in it, it will also give your eye skin a chance to recover in preparation for a real treatment.
The peroxide really dries out your skin and sets it up for damage, the sooner you stop that the better, the mites love dry skin.
I bought a 2 oz bottle of 30% sal on ebay for $30.
If you haven't taken a lot of Ivermectin read the first 2 pages of "progress scabies forum" thread and get on an Ivermectin program from the horse paste or Ivomec that you get from your local feed store.
Why do you need the sal from eBay? I thought the zipzat stuff was ok for that.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#130 Apr 13, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
The rid is only 1%, just enough to antagonize them. I suggest you go to your local feed store and buy a tube or 2 of Ivermectin horse paste. Massage that into the areas around your eyes, that will buy you some time.If you can't do that keep a thin layer of vaseline around your eyes which will smother them and they get stuck in it, it will also give your eye skin a chance to recover in preparation for a real treatment.
The peroxide really dries out your skin and sets it up for damage, the sooner you stop that the better, the mites love dry skin.
I bought a 2 oz bottle of 30% sal on ebay for $30.
If you haven't taken a lot of Ivermectin read the first 2 pages of "progress scabies forum" thread and get on an Ivermectin program from the horse paste or Ivomec that you get from your local feed store.
I have some of the "horse paste" here wasn't sure if it was ok to use around the eyes? I will give that a try, I just washed the other off my eyes just couldnt take them hurting any more and put some Neosporin cream on them an dang them mites do not like that, they are crawling like crazy an itching too now. I think I might have to order the 30% sal from ebay as well, am going to check it out now. I am so scared to try the oral Ivomec freaks me out guess I am afraid of a reaction to it? thanks for your help.
Dennis

Shawnee, OK

#132 Apr 13, 2012
Try Selsen Blue Medicated Shampoo or Equate Medicated Dandruff Shampoo. Spread it all over your body and it gets rid of a lot of itching assuming I do have scabies. I'm not sure if it'll get rid of scabies completely but it will certainly help you guys sleep at night. I used to use it in wrestling and leave it on over night to get rid of ring worm. Might be worth a try if scabies don't like menthol that much.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#133 Apr 14, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're very infested,Canuckette, and "For a quick treatment, as in running out the door in the morning" would suggest
you're working. I sure hope you're not exposing other people to your resistant mites.
Well, it's either work or turn into a thief, which I wouldn't be good at. What's with all the negative accusations, here, trying to say I made up the vet's sign that I mentioned earlier, and trying to prove that you made a better interpretation of Gab's formula? You likely did - so what? I used what I had on hand and is readily available, and it's pretty close in propertions. I could have made it with petroleum jelly but I don't like it much, and glycerin is similar in consistency.
We are all just trying to get better. Why do you feel it necessary to prove that you're better than anyone else. I don't care if you're smarter than me or not. I do care about getting better. And no, I'm not independently wealthy.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#137 Apr 15, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
Here is another update on Gab's goo. The areas that were tender I decided to just change the mix a bit. I think the salicylic acid is what's causing the irritation so I mixed just the boric acid, which is what's providing the kill, with gold bond ultimate restoring skin therapy lotion, it has urea in it which penetrates the skin very well. I had to add some water to get it to the right consistency,keep the boric acid at a 5% solution.
After using that on just the tender areas they have recovered nicely overnight.
I'm going to stick with this modified Gab's goo plan.
At the same time I am using a holistic medication outlined in the thread "99% sarcoptic scabiei cure"
Hi augustmidwest, can u tell me the exact way you made the "gab's goo" for your face, I ordered the sal acid from ebay so should be coming soon. I have wrote down the other ingredients for the all-over-body.
I seen it on another post here you wrote it but I cant find it?(face ingredients)
Thanks.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#140 Apr 15, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>
hope your day is good
Ok got it.. thanks. Hope your day is good as well, am still fighting with these around my eyes the skin looks really bad due to i think i burnt it, looks like I got into a fight an I didnt win..LOL
Anyhow i have been putting neosporin on the skin area and to keep them from getting into my eyes I am using the meds ER doc gave me (eye drops) odd but i noticed when i use the eye drops it seems to help around the skin area too, I got some on the skin and it actually made these critters move? not sure if they dont like it or what? here is what the meds are.."Gentamicin sulfate solution usp 0.3%?
Oh well my moto is what ever works!

I got one more question, what is the difference of the boric acid that is used to extract roaches(hotshot) an the boric acid that can be bought at like the drug stores? thanks for your help!
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#141 Apr 15, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
Also,
one thing i noticed about gabs/face cream i'm using near the eyes is my eyes got puffy and swollen for the first 6 days , at that point there wasn't any more crawling, over the next day they went back to normal, but I was still using the creme. I was particular about getting it on right up to the edge because I think they get in the folicles of your eyelashes too. When I did it I also spot treated the eyes anytime I felt crawling.
Oh thanks that's good to know that can possibly happen. it is hard to try and figure out if like when I use something if the swelling is due to then being around eyes or the solution I am using at the time? I did notice if they get really bad around my eyes all at once my skin beings to get red and puffy.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#144 Apr 15, 2012
I like the Gold's Bond lotion, too. Mix it with sulfur and clover, and find a lot of relief.
anne carey

Ireland

#145 Apr 15, 2012
Gab wrote:
The name of the cream is: Ung. ad vulnera
It contains 27,9 g vaselin 1,5 g acidi borici, 0,6 g acidum calicilicum
can i buy those in ireland
anne carey

Ireland

#146 Apr 15, 2012
can ibuy those in ireland
anne carey

Ireland

#147 Apr 15, 2012
can i buy those products in limerick
HatingThis

United States

#148 Apr 16, 2012
Im seventeen.
I need a fast and cheap way to be rid of these little demons.
Can you really see them?
It started on my hands in November (2011) and now has spread everywhere.
Can't get it on the face and scalp, my ass.
My doctor first said it was eczema and gave me steroids.
That idiot.
Scabies love steroids.
And that's how it spread so fast.
I'm dying.
Benadryl hides the symptoms, rash, and itching.
But I KNOW their still there.
HELP ME PLEASE!

Location hidden

#151 Apr 16, 2012
August, yeah, I'm not "cured" yet. But in my case, I think my actual scabies are gone now. My itching and rashes return in "cycles" of about every 10 to 18 days, which I think may be the result of secondary infections, like fungus and staph. I had at one time a pretty itchy, bloody mess over most my body. The lesions are now scars, and I now get localized rashes that I have to chase away through the sulfur, clove, white thyme, and ingesting a bunch of supplements, such as B, mega C, oil of oregano, selenium. Trying different things helps. But I think the warmer approaching will help a lot. Started taking sun baths, 30 minutes of direct light. Seems to help a lot. Also treating environment for mold. Basically, at this point, I have good days and I have bad days. I'll look into your modified Gab's cure. I'm so broke now after all this ....

Location hidden

#153 Apr 16, 2012
Hey there, August,

Thanks for the useful info! Yeah, I'm typically all about the natural cures and all that, but conditions, like scabies, call for the big guns. Trying to treat scabies without poison is like trying to treat cancer without chemo. I did 5 permithrin treatments, also a few bleach baths, and a whole ton of other stuff. My last permithrin treatment was 2 months ago, and now I've basically been having good days, where I feel like I'm getting better and better, and then bad days, where I relapse. I've been visiting the morgellons board lately, and have been finding a lot of great info over there on how people are coping with their skin issues, from using clove oil, to taking certain supplements, and other interesting healing discussions. I've actually got a lot of great info, and learned a lot about how to cope with this crazy skin condition. A lot of the people over there started with scabies, but it morphed into this other thing that they call M.

I think being infested with a parasite -- whatever it is, either tick, or scabies, or bedbugs, or one of the many other mites out there that infect people -- opens the body up for other infections. Our skin is our largest organ, designed to act as a barrier against bacterial and fungi, but when it is stripped of its natural flora through all the bathing, bleaching, and permithrin, we open ourselves up to further infections that mimic the initial scabies outbreak.

Anyway, I'm basically just dealing one day at a time, doing a lot of research, and listening to what other people are doing, and keeping an open mind. My goal is to just go one month without any symptoms. Then I'll feel like I'm healed. But at present, I'm pretty sure I'm not contagious. My spouse has no symptoms (never did) and no one in my inner circle has come down with it. Though, I won't let anyone hug me either ....

I'll check out the Shwartz principle. Thanks for the great stuff you've been posting on here! Hope you find your way out of this hell soon! Hope we all do!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 1 hr scaredofscabies 31
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 18 hr essentials for sc... 903
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 19 hr betseyB 4,186
Scabies Cure: SULFUR (Oct '08) 20 hr Jeanie 286
Fogging (Jun '10) 20 hr Jeanie 13
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 21 hr homelessjoe 11
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) Fri Scabies hell 1,199
More from around the web