how to get rid of scabies and not get reinfested

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
want to help

La Rochelle, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hello everyone !
I would like to help people get rid of scabies once and for all. This is what you need to do :

1) drink ivermectin = stromectol pills = 1 dosage (4-5 pills) depending on your body weight/height - it says in the instructions in the box on day 1 - the pills kill all of the grown up mites right away but it doesnt kill the eggs

2) clean your sheets, linens, clothes, everything worn in the past week, also wear disposable gloves so as not to touch anything

3) day 2 - take a shower and wipe yourself with a clean towel , then spray with SPREGAL , again change your sheets and in the morning , 12 hours afterwards take a shower , again use a clean towel

4) the spray should kill all the eggs that remained

5) however, just in case (if some of them remained in the scalp or face or hair, that cannot be reached with the spray take the second dosage of stromectol pills on day 6, because the eggs will have become grown up mites by that time but still will have not started the reproduction and the laying of new eggs

* nonetheless, if some of you have been suffering from scabies for over 6 months or even years, scaies will be everywhere in your house, on your furniture, in the shower, on the tables, kitchen, keys, purses, laptops, just everywhere, so you will still easily get reinfested - for you, i suggest to move the house for a week , go to a hotel, they will clean your sheets there everyday, or to your relatives (after drinking the pills, so as not to transfer scabies to any of them) and dont touch them, or have too much physical contact). Once returned to your house, all of the mites will be dead for sure because they cannot live without a human host for more than 3 days.

*also, stromectol pills are not allowed for sale in some of the countries, and some say they are dangeroud to health, so i wouldnt recommend them to children, infants, or very old people that have heart problems/any serious health problems... i did drink stromectol pills and my friend, too, at the same time, and we had none side effects whatsoever. We are both healthy in general and are 22 years of age. I am not a doctor, and consult yours before following my method.

Best of luck to all of you !:)
want to help

La Rochelle, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 10, 2013
 
Also, you have to wash your clothes at at least 60 degrees, because 40 degrees will not kill them - some say it will, but better to be sure !

Oh, and for things that cannot be cleaned , spray them with the furniture/clothes spray against scabies (it`s over the counter med and everyone will know which one you mean) and put them in a plastic bag, then leave there for 3 days.
skf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I tried everything. but when I got rid of them , they were still in my house so exsessive cleaning did nothing except break my body down. I had to get rid of everything ... Also .. I heard that ppl have gotten rid of them with a dish soap and hot sauce spray... but they too have had to leave their home. as I got rid of them on my body , I would always come back home where the home is invested. when they breed we are talking about millions. they hide in walls , they hide in pockets, on your pets . they hide in gaps and cracks. light sockets . you have got to leave your home. To make sure, I would try to leave it for a whole year with windows left open. but if you cant do that . try the spray solution and go for about 30 days. It will leave everything in a red tint but it cleans up with fresh paint. This is just something I got from a good friend who also had mites... just wanted to share .
scabies free

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 5, 2013
 
All my family (husband, myself and kids) got rid of scabies with permethrin lotion. We used it for 12 hours and then showered. We cleaned all the house, took our sofas out to the garage and sprayed them with lysol-left them out for 1week, washed all clothes that came in contact within 3 days. we repeated this within a week. we still got itchy-the permethrin side effect. but we finally got rid of these insects once and for all :)
Jenny

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This site gives very easy step by step instructions! If you follow the steps you will rid yourself and your house of scabies ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-rid-scabies-11879...
sunshine

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 9, 2013
 
Best way I have found is by treating the situation like you would headlice. Wash your bedding!!! Every night for a week if you cant every other night should work. First things first every morning and night use tape yep thats what i said sticky tape. Pat tape across the effected itchy area's to get a good portion of the scabie bugs off your skin get the source of horrific itch off.(My thinking with the tape is this you got to get the sourse off you skin "the pest off". When you have headlice you comb them out why wouldn't you need to do the same for your skin.) It works and if you look hard enough you can see the lil bastards on the tape. Then use headlice medication at night do not wash off till morning two nights in a row should work. Do not scratch use tape instead of scratching to prevent speading them. Anytime you accidently scratch itch or touch your skin get out the tape do this constititly to get the source off your skin. You can also use cortizone cream to cut the itch down and let your skin heal. Repeat in 10 days if you need to. Important make sure you go over you hand and finger and under nails with the tape. Good luck to all if this doesn't work go to the doctor.
stacymc

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

skf wrote:
I tried everything. but when I got rid of them , they were still in my house so exsessive cleaning did nothing except break my body down. I had to get rid of everything ... Also .. I heard that ppl have gotten rid of them with a dish soap and hot sauce spray... but they too have had to leave their home. as I got rid of them on my body , I would always come back home where the home is invested. when they breed we are talking about millions. they hide in walls , they hide in pockets, on your pets . they hide in gaps and cracks. light sockets . you have got to leave your home. To make sure, I would try to leave it for a whole year with windows left open. but if you cant do that . try the spray solution and go for about 30 days. It will leave everything in a red tint but it cleans up with fresh paint. This is just something I got from a good friend who also had mites... just wanted to share .
Sounds more like BED BUGS. Mites can't live more than 3 days without humanoids so they won't stay alive in furniture or walls or such.and they can't live on pets. That is mange. I have seen situations with both. Yours sounds like bed bugs- not scabies
FRED

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 21, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

stacymc wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds more like BED BUGS. Mites can't live more than 3 days without humanoids so they won't stay alive in furniture or walls or such.and they can't live on pets. That is mange. I have seen situations with both. Yours sounds like bed bugs- not scabies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6434601
Deeeeep

Saint Joseph, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 21, 2013
 
Anywhere i can buy the ivermectin without prescription?
frances

Westminster, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Deeeeep wrote:
Anywhere i can buy the ivermectin without prescription?
try a feed store
ItchyAndScratchy

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 7, 2013
 
Doctor told me on Wednesday that I had scabies... So gave me stromectol and also triamcinolone 0.1% cream. The bumps are on my lower back, waist, buttocks and inner tights. So far I don't think I have seen any new bumps and I have watched everything I have wore, also steamed everything and got 5 big cans of Lysol and spray everything. The itchy is not as bad and I noticed it only gets worst when I start scratching. Sometimes I just need to scratch. I have read that a second dowse is needed and on Monday I will see a dermatologist to see what he thinks. So far it feels like scabies but don't see the burrows and nothing on hands or wrist. Just armpits (very little) and lower back, buttocks area.

The only thing I'm confused is if stromectol kills the eggs. Some say it does and some say it doesn't. So what is it? WebMD says it does so very confused. I'm bagging all my clothes that I wear and only wear everything once then separate then to be washed. Also waiting for my biopsy results since I'm confused about my diagnosis. My doctor took a 2 minute look at my belly and diagnose me. He did a scrapping so hope that also clarifies it. In the meantime, I'm just taking steps to ensure that what ever it is is dead everyday. I may also take a 3 day vacation somewhere to ensure when I do come back, that everything is dead. But hope the next dose kills anything left, if it hasn't already.
Scratching myself MAD

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

DON'T USE HARMFUL CHEMICALS ON YOURSELF!
USE NEEM OIL AND EXTRACT (100% natural). Look it up. Worked like magic. I got sprayed from neck to toes bit by bit, and my husband dabbed me down with a face washer. IT IS NATURAL...NO CHEMICALS!!!! we both used it after a shower at night and sometimes in the morning after a shower. I was previously scratching like mad - and worried I would cause serious sores all over me. IT SMELLS but if u can bear it, it starts to reduce the swelling and hard sores and soften them and reduces the lumps. I have reduced my scratching a great deal and my swelling and rash has reduced. I HATE CHEMICALS so if a natural product try 100% pure Neem. We have been using it for 2 weeks and will continue until we are better. PS We also washed sheets and towels regularly, AND used bleach in all my washing. ARRRR MUCH BETTER.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Scratching myself MAD wrote:
DON'T USE HARMFUL CHEMICALS ON YOURSELF!
USE NEEM OIL AND EXTRACT (100% natural). Look it up. Worked like magic. I got sprayed from neck to toes bit by bit, and my husband dabbed me down with a face washer. IT IS NATURAL...NO CHEMICALS!!!! we both used it after a shower at night and sometimes in the morning after a shower. I was previously scratching like mad - and worried I would cause serious sores all over me. IT SMELLS but if u can bear it, it starts to reduce the swelling and hard sores and soften them and reduces the lumps. I have reduced my scratching a great deal and my swelling and rash has reduced. I HATE CHEMICALS so if a natural product try 100% pure Neem. We have been using it for 2 weeks and will continue until we are better. PS We also washed sheets and towels regularly, AND used bleach in all my washing. ARRRR MUCH BETTER.
That's a laugh! Been there done that. Didn't have any effect whatsoever much less a complete cure.
pin prick woman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Me too. Done stuff all. My plan. Im using watered down BB on carpet then covering it in plastic spread sheets for 3days after i do my 2nd perm app. I perm, leave for 14hrs, wash & then perm 40hrs after 1st shower. Plus all the bed n clothes routine. When using a scabicide you must have acsorbic acid "vitC & animal fat to keep it in your blood longer. Then wait 2wks & if more spots come up i will have to book myself in for a cheap holiday at the phyc hospital.
Unbelievable

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 6, 2013
 
This whole scabies business is just UNBELIEVABLE to me. I'm clean, have lived 48 years of my life without this crap, and then one day out of the blue and I feel like Im infested. I'm doing the permething cream, cleaning all linens and clothing, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.- I am just flabbergasted that we have these tiny little bugs that have wreacked HAVOC in so-so many peoples lives, and the CDC (or some scientist somewhere) hasn't been able to get a quick cure for this. I have spent and small fortune so far, and no end in sight. REALLY?!?!? We honestly haven't figured out how to irradicate (<--sp?)these things yet?
I don't know. For as much suffering as these little bastards have promoted I'm just absolutely STUNNED that we don't have a simple cream to destroy them & their eggs.
Sorry, I am just SOOOOOO fed up with this. I've literally been NON-stop for over a month now. Not to mention I LQQK like someone with the plague (around my ankles). I'm so over this.
Good luck everyone! Keep on fighting.
dont think its scabies

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 6, 2013
 
listen I think same people have scabies and most do NOT. I have never given this to anyone and been in close contact with people. I read this guys blog that had my symtoms..no bites but,pinpricks, crawling and that horrible popping in my body like eggs were hatching. he had them for 11 months and got rid of whatever it was andrenal support pills, msm and windex with ammonia d. I have started this protocol and the popping like the eggs are hatching has went to 2 or 3 time every couple of days instead of 40 r fifty times a day. I had them really bad for almost a year so I have a lot to get rid of. I continued to reinfect myself by car and house. The windex with ammonia d was expensive so I tried walmart glass cleaner with ammonia for a dollar to see what effect it had. i stopped getting bit 30 times when i got in my car because I would spray when I got in and out and sometimes while driving. The glass cleaner will kill them in your environment and I tried everything!!! This is the most effective. The key is with the MSM is to take 1000 to 1500 a day. It will not hurt you! You body will get rid of it if take to much at one time.I was taking 20000mg a day but decreased because I was working so much and would forget because they basterds were disappearing. I am back to 20,000 mg again. If you have these symptomns try this. I think they are demodex mites or some type of internal parasite not scabies. I'm almost positively it is not scabies because theses basterds live in my shoes for a week. I started spraying my shoes with the walmart glass cleaner. I also started to drink coconut water every day because its very alkaline.
catshea

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 23, 2013
 
I have dealt with much in my 56 years.
While trying to NOT sound overdramatic, they have ruined my life. I am allergic to permethrin but have/will continue to use it. Everthing in my home is sealed in plastic, I have been sleeping on a plastic wrapped mattress with no bedding for over a month. I vacuum/sanitize at least 3 times a day. I am allergic to these buggers as well, my eyes are swollen shut, I have golfball sized lumps all over my body, my face is deformed (hopefully not permanently) from this.

I have no insurance, health department will not help me, and have even been told not to come to work (I cannot blame them, this is horrendous). I have tried most of the above, neem oil, tea tree oil, stuff from feed shops.

I have not been able to hug my daughter for months, no one can come to my home, and I had to find homes for my pets. A bit tired of these home remedies, have gone thru all of my savings and nothing works.
vss

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 23, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

dont think its scabies wrote:
listen I think same people have scabies and most do NOT. I have never given this to anyone and been in close contact with people. I read this guys blog that had my symtoms..no bites but,pinpricks, crawling and that horrible popping in my body like eggs were hatching. he had them for 11 months and got rid of whatever it was andrenal support pills, msm and windex with ammonia d. I have started this protocol and the popping like the eggs are hatching has went to 2 or 3 time every couple of days instead of 40 r fifty times a day. I had them really bad for almost a year so I have a lot to get rid of. I continued to reinfect myself by car and house. The windex with ammonia d was expensive so I tried walmart glass cleaner with ammonia for a dollar to see what effect it had. i stopped getting bit 30 times when i got in my car because I would spray when I got in and out and sometimes while driving. The glass cleaner will kill them in your environment and I tried everything!!! This is the most effective. The key is with the MSM is to take 1000 to 1500 a day. It will not hurt you! You body will get rid of it if take to much at one time.I was taking 20000mg a day but decreased because I was working so much and would forget because they basterds were disappearing. I am back to 20,000 mg again. If you have these symptomns try this. I think they are demodex mites or some type of internal parasite not scabies. I'm almost positively it is not scabies because theses basterds live in my shoes for a week. I started spraying my shoes with the walmart glass cleaner. I also started to drink coconut water every day because its very alkaline.
What helps with shoes is to buy a couple of pair of cheap shoes and rotate them. Don't wear the same shoes every day. Also, spray your shoes with whatever you have, rubbing alcohol, lysol, windex, whatever, but don't wear the same shoes every day.
Same with bedding. Buy some cheap sheets and rotate your sheets and comforters. Don't use the same ones every day; otherwise, you will get reinfested.
Cover carpeting in home and car with plastic. These things LIVE in carpeting. Good luck.
2Cor1_4

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 25, 2013
 
It took me 4 months longer to clear scabies than my family since I had nodular scabies and had them on my head. Here's what I did in my surroundings:
- isolated bed, towels & clothes
- washed sheets every nite, thin blankets every 3rd nite
- wrapped pillow & mattress in plastic
- wrapped plastic pillow with fresh towel to reduce heat buildup
- reduced hugging and hand holding time
- only sat on vinyl or leather furniture
- left ceiling fans on
- did not let my wife drive my car

Perpetual environment cleaning was not needed in my case.
roni

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 1, 2013
 
My husband has scabies. He's medicating and it seems to be getting worse. I'm reading all the information to get it out of our surroundings and i am overwhelmed. My question is why don't i have it if it's in our home?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••