Pokadot Patty

United States

#163 Feb 13, 2010
I am moving this from anouther thread.

It is a post from Funkymite. Originally posted on the Vann Poll thread.

Tuesday Feb 9

Patty
I'm using the BioSilk Soyeuse Therapy, I'm using it as a cream after showering, I leave it on, and no itchings or crawling. I like the way my hair look, it make me feel soo young again!

Thanks again Funkymite,
Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#164 Feb 14, 2010
Just an update.

The Biosilk is still working for me.
The mites are getting fewer and fewer.
Feel great and I noticed something else.
After the second week of every other day treatments I lost all craving for sugar or sweets.

Could these buggers have been draining me that fast?
Any ideas why?
Patty
MikDee

Milford, PA

#165 Feb 15, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
Just an update.
The Biosilk is still working for me.
The mites are getting fewer and fewer.
Feel great and I noticed something else.
After the second week of every other day treatments I lost all craving for sugar or sweets.
Could these buggers have been draining me that fast?
Any ideas why?
Patty
Patty, I am a cheating diabetic, so a bit out of control. Since this mite problem has started, my blood sugar has been dropping, and running lower then my average readings in a short time, without much difference in my poor diet (a sweet tooth, I'm always trying to keep in check0. A 3 month bld sug avg has gone from 8.4 to 7.2, inside of 2 months, which almost seems medically impossible, as my bugs have been multiplying. I do believe the mites are flourishing on sugar. As I seem to be beating back this problem some lately, I also noticed my bld. sug. numbers are starting to climb. I had mentioned this before in one of my earlier posts here,(don't know if anyone noticed?). Anyway, there is a post here that mentioned someone's Dr gave them a prescription for a medication that starves parasitic worms of sugar, he took that and was cured in a few weeks of what he thought from the crawling, & biting, was mites. I can't remember the name of the med? but good luck searching this forum, the way search is set up here, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack! But, yes, I think your losing your craving for sugar is definitely related to being cured.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#166 Feb 15, 2010
MikDee wrote:
<quoted text>
Patty, I am a cheating diabetic, so a bit out of control. Since this mite problem has started, my blood sugar has been dropping, and running lower then my average readings in a short time, without much difference in my poor diet (a sweet tooth, I'm always trying to keep in check0. A 3 month bld sug avg has gone from 8.4 to 7.2, inside of 2 months, which almost seems medically impossible, as my bugs have been multiplying. I do believe the mites are flourishing on sugar. As I seem to be beating back this problem some lately, I also noticed my bld. sug. numbers are starting to climb. I had mentioned this before in one of my earlier posts here,(don't know if anyone noticed?). Anyway, there is a post here that mentioned someone's Dr gave them a prescription for a medication that starves parasitic worms of sugar, he took that and was cured in a few weeks of what he thought from the crawling, & biting, was mites. I can't remember the name of the med? but good luck searching this forum, the way search is set up here, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack! But, yes, I think your losing your craving for sugar is definitely related to being cured.
Hi MikDee:
I think that med is called albendazole.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albendazole
just want them gone

Seattle, WA

#167 Feb 15, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
Just an update.
The Biosilk is still working for me.
The mites are getting fewer and fewer.
Feel great and I noticed something else.
After the second week of every other day treatments I lost all craving for sugar or sweets.
Could these buggers have been draining me that fast?
Any ideas why?
Patty
I have had the same experience too! When I was in full outbreak mode, I craved cookies and ice cream and toast with cinamon and sugar etc. As I have reduced them almost completely, my energy is returning and I'm craving vegetables and salads and healthy food etc. I read somewhere else that they do thrive on our sugar and to try and reduce our sugar intake.
Pokadot Patty

United States

#168 Feb 15, 2010
just want them gone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had the same experience too! When I was in full outbreak mode, I craved cookies and ice cream and toast with cinamon and sugar etc. As I have reduced them almost completely, my energy is returning and I'm craving vegetables and salads and healthy food etc. I read somewhere else that they do thrive on our sugar and to try and reduce our sugar intake.
This is good to know!
Another thing I noticed was that for the longest time.
After I ate I was actually more tired than I was before.
Now My energy level is staying the same.

I do not know much about diet...so thanks for all the good info.

Patty
Bitey

Portland, OR

#169 Feb 15, 2010
I craved sugar too. Now the craving is going away. Maybe the scabies will go away too!
Bitey
ItchyATL

Alpharetta, GA

#170 Feb 15, 2010
OK, I decided to do like some others are doing and keep a running log of what is happening with me and my bodies and my unwelcome guests.

I have no idea, at all, when, where, or how I contracted scabies. At first, I thought I was allergic to the adhesive on the stop-smoking patches. Then I thought it was my laundry detergent. Anyway, the itching became intense to the point I didn't sleep for almost 3 days, gave in, and went to the doctor. Immediately diagnosed me with scabies, prescribed Permethrin. I went home, used it, and saw the little black specks coming out. I washed everything, sprayed my apartment fairly well, and washed my clothes. I thought I was done.

I was so f-ing wrong. About 10 days later, I began to notice I was a little itchy again. I thought it was maybe a delayed post-scabies like I had heard about. I just put lotion on and tried to ignore it. It began to spread, like crazy. Went back to doctor, got another permethrin prescription. I used it and this time it didn't really do anything at all. I thought maybe there were just fewer scabies. Next morning, I woke up SO MUCH WORSE. I freaked. I began scanning the internet like mad to find any and everything. Tried Borax/Peroxide (provided relief, no cure), Tried Sulfur soap, shampoo, cream, emulsions with Vaseline, and same for Neem. Temporary relief in all cases, no cure.

I began to get desperate...I think I have managed to actually kill the scabies, but not in a very "smart" way. I literally just went to the store and bought the knock-off Kroger brand RID sprays, NIX lice conditioner, which both have Permethrin, and went to town. This was about 4 days ago. This time, I really did just wash everything and bag it, and put it outside (probably a lot of my clothes are ruined due to snow and rain here recently). I sprayed the RID into the dryer when I dried the clothes also. I sprayed *every square inch* of my apartment. Took 10 bottles of RID, but whatever. I used the Nix conditioner on my skin overnight. Now is the stupid thing. I was desperate, going crazy, etc, so I said what the F and sprayed the stuff on my body too and on my sheets immediately before getting in. I woke up the next day in excruciating pain with enormous red marks. Come to find out, I gave myself a chemical burn.

Anyway, I think I am in post-scabies now. I have not really been itchy, but I do feel extremely tingly (I think part may be the burn healing and my skin being overly sensitive).

I tried the BioSilk thing like Patty suggests. Nothing intense, just warm shower, toweled off, rubbed it in and went about the rest of my night. I did notice a few black specks, but barely any - I was thinking I might vomit according to how Patty described it (however, again, I think I murdered the crap out of the little bugs). It also did definitely provide nearly immediate itch of even just the tingling sensations and some of the redder inflamation on my chest/arms/side went down.

Will post an update tomorrow. Will be my first night with nothing but some lotion on my skin to help heal it.
MikDee

Milford, PA

#172 Feb 16, 2010
I too tried to be brave, and for the first time ever, since this all started, last night I decided not to take an A&H bath, or sulfur soap, or Head & Shoulders blue bottle shower, since this all started. I just rubbed myself down with Avon moisture therapy olive oil lotion, being as I had good luck with it before. This was a bit hard to do, especially doing my back, because I live alone, But, I have had no bites, or crawling, since!
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#173 Feb 16, 2010
MikDee,
You have company on this treatment:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TKU...

WTM said, "It works, It works, It works !!!!
You just pour it [Skin So Soft] all over your body, give it a few minutes, and start rubbing it in. You will then start getting all sorts of them bugs out from your pores."

Best of luck to you! We need another non-toxic treatment. Maybe one will soon lead to a CURE!

Best to you,
Vann
MikDee

Milford, PA

#174 Feb 16, 2010
Vann from Tennessee wrote:
MikDee,
You have company on this treatment:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TKU...
WTM said, "It works, It works, It works !!!!
You just pour it [Skin So Soft] all over your body, give it a few minutes, and start rubbing it in. You will then start getting all sorts of them bugs out from your pores."
Best of luck to you! We need another non-toxic treatment. Maybe one will soon lead to a CURE!
Best to you,
Vann
Vann
I also read somewhere else about "Skin So Soft" by Avon helping as well, beside that link you just put up, and made arrangements to get some from a local Avon distributor in town awhile ago, but never got around to picking it up to try, because of the turmoil in my life lately. I'll have to inquire if she still has it for me, and pick it up, once & for all.

My skin really needed the moisturizing from the Avon moisture therapy with olive oil, well needed relief. I happened to have had this stuff sitting around the house for months unused, so I finally put it to work :)
Pokadot Patty

United States

#175 Feb 16, 2010
ItchyATL wrote:
OK, I decided to do like some others are doing and keep a running log of what is happening with me and my bodies and my unwelcome guests.
I have no idea, at all, when, where, or how I contracted scabies. At first, I thought I was allergic to the adhesive on the stop-smoking patches. Then I thought it was my laundry detergent. Anyway, the itching became intense to the point I didn't sleep for almost 3 days, gave in, and went to the doctor. Immediately diagnosed me with scabies, prescribed Permethrin. I went home, used it, and saw the little black specks coming out. I washed everything, sprayed my apartment fairly well, and washed my clothes. I thought I was done.
I was so f-ing wrong. About 10 days later, I began to notice I was a little itchy again. I thought it was maybe a delayed post-scabies like I had heard about. I just put lotion on and tried to ignore it. It began to spread, like crazy. Went back to doctor, got another permethrin prescription. I used it and this time it didn't really do anything at all. I thought maybe there were just fewer scabies. Next morning, I woke up SO MUCH WORSE. I freaked. I began scanning the internet like mad to find any and everything. Tried Borax/Peroxide (provided relief, no cure), Tried Sulfur soap, shampoo, cream, emulsions with Vaseline, and same for Neem. Temporary relief in all cases, no cure.
I began to get desperate...I think I have managed to actually kill the scabies, but not in a very "smart" way. I literally just went to the store and bought the knock-off Kroger brand RID sprays, NIX lice conditioner, which both have Permethrin, and went to town. This was about 4 days ago. This time, I really did just wash everything and bag it, and put it outside (probably a lot of my clothes are ruined due to snow and rain here recently). I sprayed the RID into the dryer when I dried the clothes also. I sprayed *every square inch* of my apartment. Took 10 bottles of RID, but whatever. I used the Nix conditioner on my skin overnight. Now is the stupid thing. I was desperate, going crazy, etc, so I said what the F and sprayed the stuff on my body too and on my sheets immediately before getting in. I woke up the next day in excruciating pain with enormous red marks. Come to find out, I gave myself a chemical burn.
Anyway, I think I am in post-scabies now. I have not really been itchy, but I do feel extremely tingly (I think part may be the burn healing and my skin being overly sensitive).
I tried the BioSilk thing like Patty suggests. Nothing intense, just warm shower, toweled off, rubbed it in and went about the rest of my night. I did notice a few black specks, but barely any - I was thinking I might vomit according to how Patty described it (however, again, I think I murdered the crap out of the little bugs). It also did definitely provide nearly immediate itch of even just the tingling sensations and some of the redder inflamation on my chest/arms/side went down.
Will post an update tomorrow. Will be my first night with nothing but some lotion on my skin to help heal it.
Thanks and welcome ItchyATL !

Riena has previously stated that the Biosilk helped with her post scabies itch.

I have my fingers crossed for ya!
Let us know,
Patty
ItchyATL

Alpharetta, GA

#176 Feb 16, 2010
Ok, so update after having woken up and moved around a little bit.
I slept through the whole night, which was the first time since probably late December save one night that I used the good old fashioned remedy of getting myself drunk and passing out lol. Which, obviously, does not cure them.
The only thing I had on last night was some standard Vaseline dry skin lotion to try and heal some of the burn/dry skin.
I feel monumentally better - but knock on wood. I do not know if it was the BioSilk or perhaps that I finally just let my skin breathe instead of putting harsh chemical mixtures on it.
If I am in post-scabies, which I think I am, then it is only barely distinguishable from normal scabies. I thought I was still infected until I started getting markedly better. Still had the feelings of things crawling under my skin and biting me, but I was not getting any new bumps. Today, however, I feel, dare I say, normal.
I think it is important to note for anyone who is going into or dealing with post-scabies though that the WAR is not over. I am still making sure my environment is clean.
Some other tips of things I did to get to the point I am in now:
Antibacterial soap. Use it any time you touch any part of your bare skin. If you scratch, use it. It may be a bit neurotic, but if you scratch a live bug on your finger and then proceed to rub your face, touch the computer, run your fingers through your hair, etc etc, you could be reinfesting yourself.
Latex gloves. Doing your laundry is uber important, as is cleaning. However, wear something longer-sleeved while you are doing your cleaning regimen and wear gloves! Switching clothes over, putting sheets in the drier, changing the lint filter, changing the vaccuum bag, etc etc...you don't want them simply climbing back onto you. PS, I swear whenever I am doing my cleaning, I can totally see little dead critters all over my gloves by the time I am done.
Trash. Lint from drier, used vaccuum bags, the gloves, etc...do not just toss them in the garbage. Treat them like a bio-hazard. Bag them (I got grocery bags to not waste so much $ on real trash bags). Double bag them even if they are the only thing in the bag, then put them in a larger trash bag and keep them OUTSIDE. Use the one large trash bag as a recipticle for the double grocery-bagged stuff.
Drying. If you are reading this forum, you probably already know High Heat settings on driers kills the mites if left in for 30min. Do not lollygag with this. Dry things for 30-45min on High before you put them on. Just wake up a little early and high-dry your clothes for the day and your towel for the shower. That way you know those items are recently cleaned and fine to use. Also, if you smoke (and it is cold out), don't ease up. Every single time I smoked, I would throw my jacket into the drier and put it on high heat for 30min before even thinking of putting it back on.
Anyway, trying the biosilk again today after my shower just to see what, if anything, comes out.
Pokadot Patty

United States

#177 Feb 16, 2010
ItchyATL wrote:
Ok, so update after having woken up and moved around a little bit.
I slept through the whole night, which was the first time since probably late December save one night that I used the good old fashioned remedy of getting myself drunk and passing out lol. Which, obviously, does not cure them.
The only thing I had on last night was some standard Vaseline dry skin lotion to try and heal some of the burn/dry skin.
I feel monumentally better - but knock on wood. I do not know if it was the BioSilk or perhaps that I finally just let my skin breathe instead of putting harsh chemical mixtures on it.
If I am in post-scabies, which I think I am, then it is only barely distinguishable from normal scabies. I thought I was still infected until I started getting markedly better. Still had the feelings of things crawling under my skin and biting me, but I was not getting any new bumps. Today, however, I feel, dare I say, normal.
I think it is important to note for anyone who is going into or dealing with post-scabies though that the WAR is not over. I am still making sure my environment is clean.
Some other tips of things I did to get to the point I am in now:
Antibacterial soap. Use it any time you touch any part of your bare skin. If you scratch, use it. It may be a bit neurotic, but if you scratch a live bug on your finger and then proceed to rub your face, touch the computer, run your fingers through your hair, etc etc, you could be reinfesting yourself.
Latex gloves. Doing your laundry is uber important, as is cleaning. However, wear something longer-sleeved while you are doing your cleaning regimen and wear gloves! Switching clothes over, putting sheets in the drier, changing the lint filter, changing the vaccuum bag, etc etc...you don't want them simply climbing back onto you. PS, I swear whenever I am doing my cleaning, I can totally see little dead critters all over my gloves by the time I am done.
Trash. Lint from drier, used vaccuum bags, the gloves, etc...do not just toss them in the garbage. Treat them like a bio-hazard. Bag them (I got grocery bags to not waste so much $ on real trash bags). Double bag them even if they are the only thing in the bag, then put them in a larger trash bag and keep them OUTSIDE. Use the one large trash bag as a recipticle for the double grocery-bagged stuff.
Drying. If you are reading this forum, you probably already know High Heat settings on driers kills the mites if left in for 30min. Do not lollygag with this. Dry things for 30-45min on High before you put them on. Just wake up a little early and high-dry your clothes for the day and your towel for the shower. That way you know those items are recently cleaned and fine to use. Also, if you smoke (and it is cold out), don't ease up. Every single time I smoked, I would throw my jacket into the drier and put it on high heat for 30min before even thinking of putting it back on.
Anyway, trying the biosilk again today after my shower just to see what, if anything, comes out.
I'm glad you brought up the lint filter on the dryer.
I tested that also(with my cool tea and reflected light method), there were nymphs (floaters) that were moving their little legs that I dusted into the tea.
So now I put two paper towels soaked in generic windex (1/2) and alcohol (1/2) down before I pull the filter out. Then I soak the lint in the spray. Roll up the paper towels and lint and put into a bag that can be sealed.

Let us know how it is going for you,
Patty
Bitey

Portland, OR

#178 Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for the lint trap idea! So far no itchies tonight, i am afraid to go to sleep but I feel better since my Benzel benzoate laundry helper came today ( amazon.com ) and i washed my bedding with it.

Does anyone know how long it takes for large red scars and scabs to heal and look normal or is my skin now deformed?

Bitey ( Scabies sure "Bites"!)
Pokadot Patty

United States

#179 Feb 17, 2010
Bitey wrote:
Thanks for the lint trap idea! So far no itchies tonight, i am afraid to go to sleep but I feel better since my Benzel benzoate laundry helper came today ( amazon.com ) and i washed my bedding with it.
Does anyone know how long it takes for large red scars and scabs to heal and look normal or is my skin now deformed?
Bitey ( Scabies sure "Bites"!)
Bitey,

Have ou tried vitamin E oil and iodine. earthclinic.com has iodine as one of the remedies for scars.

Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#180 Feb 17, 2010
Well...it's been a few days since my las update on my progress....so here's what's goin on.

Still continuing to get my surroundings in order.

Painted my bathroom and sprayed the ceiling with Lysol spray (it worked...I tested for floaters).
Pledge orange oiled the inside and outside of cabinets before I out all the washed things away.

This was the worst room. I think it was because it is the room I blow dried my hair in the most and my hair and scalp being so badly infested. The newly hatched out were blown everywhere.

I was still getting a few bites on head when I would go to bed (no where else)so my huband went and bought new pillows and new covers. No bites last night !

My Biosilk treatment last night only lasted 30 minutes (this is after it dried). Very very few bugs !!

I (still) find myself lying in bed waiting for the first bite or itch (sometime 30 or 45 minutes) and I love it when it doesn't happen!

I am not cured (yet) but, I am almost there.
I have been using Biosilk every other night since January 25th, 2010 (less than a month).
Patty
IZO

Port Huron, MI

#181 Feb 17, 2010
Hi Everyone!
I had a Neurologist appointment today, so I couldn't write earlier! I was up until 4:30am!!! Yes! Rubbing "off" the eggs! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my!!!
Patty - HOW did you get them out of the sink? They are sooooo sticky????? I had to use oil to be able to wipe the OUT! YUCK!!!!!
Yes, it took me 2 1/2 hours to rub and I could have still rubbed more! I got toooo tooooo tired!
Yes, there were round ones, big round ones, little round ones, some cigar shaped ones. ALL shapes, sizes and kinds! They had a green tint, IMO. It was the most gross thing I have ever seen!
I thought I was in a horror movie!
At that point, I didn't think I could handle this anymore! I was ready to quit! It also seems as if some of the ones I got rid of are coming back, but thicker and more calloused. This is a HUGE battle!
I sure hope I get honest to goodness doctors at U of M!! I hope it does NOT go like it has in the past! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
This darn ailment takes sooooo much time to treat! I am treating then all day! Adding more oil to my hands, in particular.
But, I am researching the "silk worm" and will post what I find. I find this "very" interesting! That our critters don't like silk. I am going to do a search on it as well. I will post what I find under a new heading called something like Information on BioSilk, or Silk??? Any suggestions?
I took Ivermectin on Sunday, and took another dose today, which is "3" days later, since they moult, or lay their eggs "3" days later. I am taking Ivermectin because I have had these 3 years, and feel the benefit outweighs the risks at this point in the disease. Plus, with some of them coming back and being calloused right before my eyes, I feel I MUST be very aggressive.
IZO
Pokadot Patty

United States

#182 Feb 17, 2010
IZO wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I had a Neurologist appointment today, so I couldn't write earlier! I was up until 4:30am!!! Yes! Rubbing "off" the eggs! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my!!!
Patty - HOW did you get them out of the sink? They are sooooo sticky????? I had to use oil to be able to wipe the OUT! YUCK!!!!!
Yes, it took me 2 1/2 hours to rub and I could have still rubbed more! I got toooo tooooo tired!
Yes, there were round ones, big round ones, little round ones, some cigar shaped ones. ALL shapes, sizes and kinds! They had a green tint, IMO. It was the most gross thing I have ever seen!
I thought I was in a horror movie!
At that point, I didn't think I could handle this anymore! I was ready to quit! It also seems as if some of the ones I got rid of are coming back, but thicker and more calloused. This is a HUGE battle!
I sure hope I get honest to goodness doctors at U of M!! I hope it does NOT go like it has in the past! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
This darn ailment takes sooooo much time to treat! I am treating then all day! Adding more oil to my hands, in particular.
But, I am researching the "silk worm" and will post what I find. I find this "very" interesting! That our critters don't like silk. I am going to do a search on it as well. I will post what I find under a new heading called something like Information on BioSilk, or Silk??? Any suggestions?
I took Ivermectin on Sunday, and took another dose today, which is "3" days later, since they moult, or lay their eggs "3" days later. I am taking Ivermectin because I have had these 3 years, and feel the benefit outweighs the risks at this point in the disease. Plus, with some of them coming back and being calloused right before my eyes, I feel I MUST be very aggressive.
IZO
Izo,

Did you try to keep some in a small container w/alcohol?

I think this would be of value to anyone that has their Dr. look or suggest that they are "delusional".
Huggs,
Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#183 Feb 17, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Izo,
Did you try to keep some in a small container w/alcohol?
I think this would be of value to anyone that has their Dr. look or suggest that they are "delusional".
Huggs,
Patty
Izo,

HI!

Patty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 28 min scaredofscabies 1
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 59 min trisha springboard 451
Post Scabies or reinfection? HELP I'm so scared 1 hr scaredofscabies 3
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 7 hr Dan 45
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) 18 hr jeana 128
Scabies or shingles (Aug '13) Wed pretty crazy 3
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Tue BAS 125
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Jodyy 4,184
More from around the web