Ivermectin 1.87%, BioSilk, and Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo WORKING FOR ME!

Posted in the Scabies Forum

IZOCONFUSED

Port Huron, MI

#1 Feb 22, 2010
Hi there!
Just want to let you know of 'my' latest ATTEMPT on killing these buggers!
I will start each thing I do with "**".
**Ivermectin 1.87%- Every 3 days, less 6 hours before the 3 days are up, so NO NEW EGGS can hatch!!
Yes, I have had side effects, but I already have a Neuro disease, so ... par for the course. Sore muscles, stiff muscles. Worst of all, my right knee feels like it has Bursitis SOOOo bad! I can barely walk! I am infested in that area, so ... I understand why. It is SO swollen. Triple the size of my other knee, which is not affected but for a small spot.
**Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo - Skin Therapy for Pets - do a search online. I found it on Amazon. It is tough on Bacteria and Fungal Infections. There is NOTHING like this for human use - so I am using the next best thing! Heck, wash your dog and you will get this all over your hands and arms anyway! So, the only thing left I have to worry about in the sores are infection, which I use an anti-biotic cream over top of them.
**BioSilk - we all know how GREAT the BioSilk works! Helps to REALLY PULL the critters out of the skin! Works great!
So far, so good! I will post future updates. Still fighting it, of course. Oh well. But, it is MUCH better! At least more than 50%!!!
Let me know what you all think!
IZO
Pokadot Patty

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2010
IZOCONFUSED wrote:
Hi there!
Just want to let you know of 'my' latest ATTEMPT on killing these buggers!
I will start each thing I do with "**".
**Ivermectin 1.87%- Every 3 days, less 6 hours before the 3 days are up, so NO NEW EGGS can hatch!!
Yes, I have had side effects, but I already have a Neuro disease, so ... par for the course. Sore muscles, stiff muscles. Worst of all, my right knee feels like it has Bursitis SOOOo bad! I can barely walk! I am infested in that area, so ... I understand why. It is SO swollen. Triple the size of my other knee, which is not affected but for a small spot.
**Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo - Skin Therapy for Pets - do a search online. I found it on Amazon. It is tough on Bacteria and Fungal Infections. There is NOTHING like this for human use - so I am using the next best thing! Heck, wash your dog and you will get this all over your hands and arms anyway! So, the only thing left I have to worry about in the sores are infection, which I use an anti-biotic cream over top of them.
**BioSilk - we all know how GREAT the BioSilk works! Helps to REALLY PULL the critters out of the skin! Works great!
So far, so good! I will post future updates. Still fighting it, of course. Oh well. But, it is MUCH better! At least more than 50%!!!
Let me know what you all think!
IZO
Izo,

I think it's wonderful that you are getting rid of the little beggers !!
Please be sure to treat your surroundings as well as yourself.

I'm doing great on the Biosilk....last night a few on my back, hsnds, and tops of legs. That was it.
I'm gonna keep going until none come out and then a treatment every 4 days for a month.

Keep us posted,
Patty
buggie

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2010
Citreshine has the same ingreds as biosilk therapy cure. Its clear and slimy leave in hair protectant.

Ps I almost bought lysol spray (for the sofa) but its ethanol and toxic to humans and pets. Ill get a vacuum instead...maybe. I don't like sitting on doggie sofas without plastic coverings. My daughter would freak out if she saw plastic on her sofa...denial.
Pokadot Patty

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2010
buggie wrote:
Citreshine has the same ingreds as biosilk therapy cure. Its clear and slimy leave in hair protectant.
Ps I almost bought lysol spray (for the sofa) but its ethanol and toxic to humans and pets. Ill get a vacuum instead...maybe. I don't like sitting on doggie sofas without plastic coverings. My daughter would freak out if she saw plastic on her sofa...denial.
Hi Buggie,

These are the ingredients in Citre Shine Repair Activ.

Ingredients:

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat, Pantolactone, Pathenol, Amodimethicone, Citrus Aurantifolia (lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (mandarin orange) Fruit Extract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-12, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum (fragrance), Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

These are the ingredients in Biosilk Therapy.

Ingredients
Ingredients for Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Eugenol

They are not the same.
Have you tried using the CitreShine on your skin? It does not say it can be used on the skin.

I know what you mean about a doggy couch....my little dogs wish they had been more picky about sitting on the couch after a human (LOL)!

Patty
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 23, 2010
My bottle says Citre Shine Shine Miracle Highly laminating anti-frizz serum. I think it's a 4 ounce bottle, clear bottle. I usually bought it at Von's grocery store. By the way, all these serums are plastic or silicone or something slimy. None of them are natural or good for your skin (like grapeseed oil, coconut oil or castor oil) but the product makes the hair silky and if it helps the mite problem then I'm all for it. Biosilk was $8 at costco, a very good price. I wouldn't pay $24 for it if there's a comparable product that's less money.

I FINALLY found the ingredients:

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract (key lime), Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (grapefruit), Citrus Nobilis Fruit Extract (mandarin orange), Panthenol, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Limonene

http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/61...
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp76656_333181_sesp...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...

http://www.amazon.com/Citre-Shine-Anti-Frizz-...
Pokadot Patty

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2010
buggie wrote:
My bottle says Citre Shine Shine Miracle Highly laminating anti-frizz serum. I think it's a 4 ounce bottle, clear bottle. I usually bought it at Von's grocery store. By the way, all these serums are plastic or silicone or something slimy. None of them are natural or good for your skin (like grapeseed oil, coconut oil or castor oil) but the product makes the hair silky and if it helps the mite problem then I'm all for it. Biosilk was $8 at costco, a very good price. I wouldn't pay $24 for it if there's a comparable product that's less money.
I FINALLY found the ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract (key lime), Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (grapefruit), Citrus Nobilis Fruit Extract (mandarin orange), Panthenol, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Limonene
http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/61...
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp76656_333181_sesp...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...
http://www.amazon.com/Citre-Shine-Anti-Frizz-...
Buggie,

Cool. Have you tried it?
I'm with you on cost effectivness...less is better!
If you try it and it works post a new thread.

Options....options...options!
Patty
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Feb 23, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Buggie,
Cool. Have you tried it?
I'm with you on cost effectivness...less is better!
If you try it and it works post a new thread.
Options....options...options!
Patty
Patty,
I used it for years and years on my hair and then I switched to Smoother by Rusk for my hair (which does not prevent mites). I still have a bottle of CitreShine in my professional hairdressing bag. I bought Biosilk at Costco and have used that on my hair a few times but my hair is fine so I can't use very much.
I haven't used Biosilk on my skin because I really don't have any bugs to try to ooze out of me. I just want to have products on hand like keeping an arsenal of prevention.

My only problem right now is my daughter's medium sized dog - a great dog btw but she never bathes him and she allows him to sleep with her and full access to the upholstered sofa and big comfy chairs which have never been vacuumed or cleaned. I would get rid of them if it was my house. I have D.E. underneath the sofas but I can feel occasional mites which my intuition tells me is from the dog/s. I can't wash any part of the sofa in the washing machine like I wanted to. I wont hire someone to clean them and I'm kinda stingy about buying a vacuum, I want one that has plenty of suction if I get one. I've got two vacuums in storage already. My daughter's cleaning habits are nonexistent and she has full blown denial about mites so anything I do to prevent mites has to be on the down low. Sad but true. So, I spend a lot of time cleaning her house and I still have a long way to go here. I think I'll give in and buy the Lysol spray at Costco for the couch, even though I hate toxic stuff.
ouchiemama

Columbia, MD

#8 Feb 23, 2010
I have now tried ivermectrin horse paste twice in 4 days, normal doses for my weight. I am pleased to report that i feel as mite free as i can remember. i'm not using any topicals just Ivermectrin doses. I still feel a rare bite or light itchyness rarely, along with some crawling on my face but its WAY less than before.

I don't know if i should be using a skin treatment along with the Iver but i feel like the Iver is doing the whole job in itself. I want to take Ivermectrin every 2 days for another 2 weeks. Does anyone know if this is something i should avoid doing? Would Ivermectrin be harmful to people over 60?
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#9 Feb 23, 2010
ouchiemama wrote:
I have now tried ivermectrin horse paste twice in 4 days, normal doses for my weight. I am pleased to report that i feel as mite free as i can remember. i'm not using any topicals just Ivermectrin doses. I still feel a rare bite or light itchyness rarely, along with some crawling on my face but its WAY less than before.
I don't know if i should be using a skin treatment along with the Iver but i feel like the Iver is doing the whole job in itself. I want to take Ivermectrin every 2 days for another 2 weeks. Does anyone know if this is something i should avoid doing? Would Ivermectrin be harmful to people over 60?
Ivermectin is safe. Really good news that you are getting relief. Don't take it so often, though.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#10 Feb 23, 2010
buggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Patty,
I used it for years and years on my hair and then I switched to Smoother by Rusk for my hair (which does not prevent mites). I still have a bottle of CitreShine in my professional hairdressing bag. I bought Biosilk at Costco and have used that on my hair a few times but my hair is fine so I can't use very much.
I haven't used Biosilk on my skin because I really don't have any bugs to try to ooze out of me. I just want to have products on hand like keeping an arsenal of prevention.
My only problem right now is my daughter's medium sized dog - a great dog btw but she never bathes him and she allows him to sleep with her and full access to the upholstered sofa and big comfy chairs which have never been vacuumed or cleaned. I would get rid of them if it was my house. I have D.E. underneath the sofas but I can feel occasional mites which my intuition tells me is from the dog/s. I can't wash any part of the sofa in the washing machine like I wanted to. I wont hire someone to clean them and I'm kinda stingy about buying a vacuum, I want one that has plenty of suction if I get one. I've got two vacuums in storage already. My daughter's cleaning habits are nonexistent and she has full blown denial about mites so anything I do to prevent mites has to be on the down low. Sad but true. So, I spend a lot of time cleaning her house and I still have a long way to go here. I think I'll give in and buy the Lysol spray at Costco for the couch, even though I hate toxic stuff.
Buggie, have you tried giving the dog an ivermectin doggie treat? Try bathing the dog in Head and Shoulders in the blue bottle with selenium sulfide. It smells nice and repels these mites. It's too bad that you have to do things on the sly. Family members just don't understand, sometimes.
ouchiemama

Owenton, KY

#11 Feb 24, 2010
Thanks Joe you've been a great help! Can you tell me a somewhat doctor reccomended schedule of dosing Ivermectrin? I tried a search but i can't find much regarding reccomended regular dosing.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#12 Feb 24, 2010
ouchiemama wrote:
Thanks Joe you've been a great help! Can you tell me a somewhat doctor reccomended schedule of dosing Ivermectrin? I tried a search but i can't find much regarding reccomended regular dosing.
I just have information that I have learned from posters here and from reading on the net, and from my vet, and my derm, too. I was especially interested in the "every 3 day" dosing schedule, because the person was over 60, had a poor immune system, and had a particularly resistant mite. It was his pharmacist that recommended every 3 days. This is an aggressive schedule and will make you sick with diarrhea, etc.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#13 Feb 24, 2010
Ouchiemama: I did a search on ivermectin on this forum and a bunch of threads came up:

http://www.topix.com/forumsearch/health/scabi...

I hope this helps you.
ScritchyScratch

Plattsburgh, NY

#14 Apr 4, 2011
The ABSOLUTELY incompetent woman who I have to see through my school's health center REFUSES to give me a prescription for Ivermectin. She handed me a highlighted printout from some handbook citing that Ivermectin is only prescribed for patients with Norwegian Scabies. She has never experienced this and laughed at me, rolling her eyes at my spending $150 on cleaning supplies and the effort I have expended in maintaining a clean environment. The wait list for all local dermatologists is 6-7 months. I've done a Permethrin treatment but can't spot treat because both times I've tried its given me nerve pain in (I had shingles so I know the feeling) indicating a seizure was coming on. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone tell me where I can get my hands on some Ivermectin? I'm so broke I have $50 to my name but am willing to spend it ALL on whatever will cure me of scabies!
Ivermectin

San Jose, CA

#15 Oct 29, 2011
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Ivermectin)- safedrugstock.com/order-stromectol-online-en.... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 9sh73h

Since: Aug 11

Perth, Australia

#16 Oct 30, 2011
Ivermectin wrote:
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Ivermectin)- safedrugstock.com/order-stromectol-online-en.... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 9sh73h
how about some free samples..........
emma

Glenview, IL

#17 Oct 19, 2012
Ivermectin - http://www.drugs-store-online.com/catalog/Ant... the order arrived last week no problems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questions For Sam (Apr '07) 2 hr SSA 697
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 6 hr dying to be free ... 25
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 7 hr Lynn 1,189
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 19 hr Spring tales 531
Post scabies 19 hr Lynn 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 20 hr tate12 4,119
Amazing Benefits of Diatomaceous Earth ( DE ) (Jan '10) 22 hr Fobama 187
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••